User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As a Mercedes technician for 30+ years, I to agree that most mechanics are not that great. I've worked with hundreds of them, I know. I can only assume the RV industry is the same.

When I was younger, I sounded just like you, blame the mechanic. As I grow older, one thing for certain, it's hard to make a harsh judgement on something that you were not even there when it happened. Blaming the mechanic and saying he is a '^%$@@' [your words not mine] is really premature and just shows your ignorance of the situation. As far as I'm concerned, it could well have been the owners ignorance, and assumed that it would be done to their liking.

As an owner of a shop, former Shop Foreman, and 40+ years with just German cars, many times the problem starts with communication. It certainly could be that the client did not say way he wanted. It certainly could be that he did but the communication that was said was not what was heard. Wording on the work order is important and neither of us know what was written down [and I'm willing to say, there was probably very little wording, probably just "Install upgraded inverter"]

I have a small private repair facility now and I do not have this problem. I have had numerous compliments that they have never been advised so well about a repair. If I ever have an issue [and I think there was only one], I told them to look at the first email. I usually copy paste the statement. If there is a communication problem and it is my fault. The problem is resolved on my dime.

In the end, casting stones on mechanics seem to be the thing to do these days. MLM [Mechanics Lives Matter].

BTW, I do agree, the repair industry is really bad, be it auto, RV, plumbing, etc. The mechanic certainly could be just a hack that just wanted the money.
    Last edited by Butcher; 11-14-2021 at 11:16 AM.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you David. I’ll be ordering pieces in the next few days. I’ll report back once I have it going.

Terry
    2021 Momentum 31G
    2021 20' Haulmark Edge race trailer
    '17 Ram CCLB 3500 dually 6.7 turbo
    '96 Chevy C3500 CC dually 454
    2019 Honda Talon X
    1985 Honda FL350R Odyssey

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123