User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cab and Chasis Door Sticker

My flatbed truck (F-350 DRW) has an “incomplete vehicle” door sticker because it came from the ford factory as a cab and chasis. The flatbed was added by an outfitter that my local ford dealer uses. I don’t know if my sticker is missing info that a “complete vehicle” sticker would depict. I plan to load the truck for camping and weigh it at a cat scale, then weigh it and the camper (also loaded). Will that give me all of the data I need to determine whether or not I’m safe?
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	0374EB21-42AF-40EB-9806-BF6D3EC5047E.jpeg 
Views:	21 
Size:	1.74 MB 
ID:	38104
    Last edited by Mike Clay; 12-10-2021 at 04:16 PM.
    Diane and Mike
    2022 280RS. Onan generator, Sumo Springs, MORyde crossmembers, hardwired surge protector
    2015 F-350 DRW 4x4 6.7L Power Stroke Feed Truck. 4.10s, front & rear stabilizer bars, Andersen 3221-TBX
    2021 Thor Chateau 22E Class C (retired) & 1970 Pop-Up Camper (retired - saw much of Western Europe)

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sticker gives GVWR so you can figure out payload left if you weigh truck without the trailer and subtract from GVWR if you want. You can lookup towing capacity from the link (https://www.granddesignrv.com/owner-...ons/tow-guides) based on truck year/specs. Surprised the sticker didn't have GCWR for truck, but maybe has something to do with there is no way to certify load capacity of flatbed that got put on the bed after factory. Maybe someone else with aftermarket flatbed can shed light on how GCWR is determined for your case.
    2020 GMC 3500 Denali SRW SB Duramax 4x4
    2021 Reflection 31MB Goosebox 16k