User Tag List

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112
    Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Squanderosa View Post
    @HoopyFrood
    Curious. A mechanic told us that a problem with Doally trucks is, if you get a blowout in either rear wheel, it will total your truck and perhaps ruin your trailer. Don't know how true that is but it has us thinking about a SRW 3500 Diesel as we replace our F250 Diesel.

Anyone heard of this type of blowout?
    How is that even a logical thought process? Hope you found a different mechanic after that comment.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    2023 Momentum 398M-R
    2023 Ford F-450

SOLD - 2021 Reflection 311BHS
    SOLD - 2017 Momentum 399TH

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Squanderosa View Post
    @HoopyFrood
    Curious. A mechanic told us that a problem with Doally trucks is, if you get a blowout in either rear wheel, it will total your truck and perhaps ruin your trailer. Don't know how true that is but it has us thinking about a SRW 3500 Diesel as we replace our F250 Diesel.

Anyone heard of this type of blowout?
    A friend had blow out on his DRW and took out the fender extension (HIPS) but no where near total the truck. He also had some black marks on 5er from pieces of tire but no real damage that could removed with a magic eraser. If I was going to have a flat while towing a 5er I would rather have on a DRW than a SWR.
    Dennis & Ellie
    Current 2017 Newmar Ventana Class A & 1994 Airstream Excella Classic Limited Project
    Sold - 310-GK-R Delivered 28 Oct 2016
    2016 GMC Denali 1 Ton Diesel SRW Payload 3727LBS B&W Hitch

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Had a rear flat on a SRW Short box a few years ago pulling my triple rear axle XLR. Destroyed the back tire but zero damage to the truck or trailer. Only hard to change because of being on the side of a highway. Control of the vehicle was fine. I think a front tire would be way worse but would have been similar DRW or SRW.
    2022 Solitude 346FLS
    2018 GMC SLT SRW SB Diesel
    Canadian born and raised

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112