User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The wildlife is moving in

Been seeing a black bear in the neighborhood so I put a couple of trail cameras in my back yard. Mostly we have deer, turkeys, and coyotes but this year the bear and bobcat have been cruising through our yard in broad daylight. Had video turned on and the bear nosed up to the trail camera - pretty cool. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	bobcat.jpg 
Views:	163 
Size:	99.3 KB 
ID:	37585Click image for larger version. 

Name:	bear1.jpg 
Views:	172 
Size:	97.4 KB 
ID:	37586

The moose was a surprise. Pretty good rack.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	moose.jpg 
Views:	157 
Size:	51.8 KB 
ID:	37587
    Robin & John
    2020 Ram 3500 LB SRW 4WD Crew Laramie 6.7HO Aisin, 55gal Titan 4014 payload
    2022 Solitude 310GK-R - Dual pane, factory solar & Onan, 8K axles with discs, 18K GVWR, W/D, Heat Pump, Goosebox, Battleborn

2023 stays

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That's quite the traffic in yard backyard [emoji15]

Sent from my SM-P610 using Tapatalk
    Steph & Lise
    2019 F150 Lariat 2.7 EB
    2020 Imagine XLS 22MLE

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Very nice. We have lots of coyotes and deer coming close to the house this year. This is unusual; we usually see them near the wood line across 250-300 yards of pasture but not up close. I think the drought is causing them to visit the ponds near the house. We’ve also shot a lot of coons in the chicken house this year. Seeing moose and bears is very cool.
    Diane and Mike
    2022 280RS. Onan generator, Sumo Springs, MORyde crossmembers, hardwired surge protector
    2015 F-350 DRW 4x4 6.7L Power Stroke Feed Truck. 4.10s, front & rear stabilizer bars, Andersen 3221-TBX
    2021 Thor Chateau 22E Class C (retired) & 1970 Pop-Up Camper (retired - saw much of Western Europe)

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Still getting used to the new cameras and having some issues - might be the inexpensive SD cards that came with them - a lot of corruption and missing pictures. They are supposed to have a range of about 80 feet. Put one in front yard where bear turned over a bunch of pavers to get the ants under them and all I got was Amazon and mail trucks going by 150 feet away.

We have had SOOOOO much rain this year - was close to busting record rainfall in mid July. Might be more than one bear - been in our yard 4 or 5 times in daylight and it looked larger than the one shown. Links to videos below if interested.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gmq-rJbwbqo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HnrDcb2b_bA
    Robin & John
    2022 Solitude 310GK-R - Dual pane, factory solar & Onan, 8K axles with discs, 18K GVWR, W/D, Heat Pump, Goosebox, Battleborn

2023 stays

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ajg617 View Post
    Still getting used to the new cameras and having some issues - might be the inexpensive SD cards that came with them - a lot of corruption and missing pictures. They are supposed to have a range of about 80 feet. Put one in front yard where bear turned over a bunch of pavers to get the ants under them and all I got was Amazon and mail trucks going by 150 feet away.

We have had SOOOOO much rain this year - was close to busting record rainfall in mid July. Might be more than one bear - been in our yard 4 or 5 times in daylight and it looked larger than the one shown. Links to videos below if interested.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gmq-rJbwbqo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HnrDcb2b_bA
    Both videos were good but that bear was very nice.
    Diane and Mike
    2022 280RS. Onan generator, Sumo Springs, MORyde crossmembers, hardwired surge protector
    2015 F-350 DRW 4x4 6.7L Power Stroke Feed Truck. 4.10s, front & rear stabilizer bars, Andersen 3221-TBX
    2021 Thor Chateau 22E Class C (retired) & 1970 Pop-Up Camper (retired - saw much of Western Europe)

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That was one big bobcat.
    2018 Solitude 375 RES 2022 F450 Powerstroke Dually

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dick Noble View Post
    That was one big bobcat.
    Yes - pretty good size and second time we've captured it on film. Was lounging in the back yard the other time around noon just laying in the sun. I think that we have another black bear roaming through our yard and much larger then the one the game camera caught. Deer, turkey and a coyote passing through also.

I really wish the moose had walked in front of the camera but the micro SD cards that came with the game cameras were junk and half the pics and videos were totally corrupted. Replaced them this week with a better brand. Hope they work a bit better. Dogs have been going crazy all through the night every night.
    Robin & John

2023 stays

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    About three years ago, in the morning, I was having coffee in our sun room, way up in the Colorado mountains, and this beautiful female mountain lion walked between our garage and house. Wife got up in time to see it. it wandered off to the north, in no hurry at all. She had not missed a meal. Wonderful looking animal. We kept the dogs inside that day.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, the state says there are no mountain lions or wolves here but there are occasional sightings of both - all unconfirmed. But the mountain lion must have been a sight to see.

Dogs are big and we have a fenced in area, but keeping the cats in. The mutts are barking at something a couple of times each night - mostly deer I expect. Been in the same house for 30 years and never would have guessed we'd catch these on camera and live.
    Robin & John

2023 stays

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The only wildlife I have seen in this RV park is the Canadians. They are beginning to show up and they do love to party!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast