User Tag List

Thread: Slide seals

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Slide seals

We have a 2018 2950Rl with leaking slide seals. Anyone else having this problem. Trying to research this I found a class action suit in Florida for this exact same problem. The law suit claims that the slides
    were not put in properly and that Grand Design sells their product as the best tested units on the market. To see the suit go to Gorecki vs Grand Design

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A lawsuit over a wear and tear item, especially a polymer compound that degrades? Frivolous and a waste, especially because NO RV manufacturer makes their own seals. They're all bought from standard stock catalog items. If you've not been cleaning and protecting your seals regularly, you've gotten a good life out of them for a 2018. Even if you have been, about 6 to 8 years is the lifespan and less in high UV and ozone areas. I manufacturer a wide array of polymer products.
    Rob & Nikki + Cloverfield
    2020 Grand Design Solitude S-Class 3350RL
    2015 RAM 3500 Longhorn Laramie Crew Cab, Long Bed, 4x4 Dually Cummins/AISIN

Mountains of Pennsylvania

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have replaced the bulb seals on both slides and have conditioned the wiper seal twice a year. If you read the law suit it says that GD repaired his trailer under warranty and within two years it did the same thing.

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Moogs22 View Post
    I have replaced the bulb seals on both slides and have conditioned the wiper seal twice a year. If you read the law suit it says that GD repaired his trailer under warranty and within two years it did the same thing.
    Don't need to. It will be thrown out. If you do not know, Florida is one of the States that allow these sorts of suits that burden the judicial system. GD has a written warranty policy of 1 year except structure. Anything longer like appliances, frame, etc offered is direct from those producers. If GD does anything being their standard period it is always at "good will" for legal reason. GD does not produce the seals and uses off-the-shelf industry standard. The two recognized standardization bodies in the RV industry are silent on such detail (comically so, actually). Beyond all polymers degrade with normal exposure, using the wrong products on them, which is about 80% of what's on the store shelves, accelerates decomposition. GD has no culpability whatsoever, it will get tossed, and just waste time and money at all corners. Yes, I am particularly sensitive to this because I have had to fly to Florida no less than 19 times dealing with garbage cases like this one in my role leading Technical Services for an international product manufacturer.

If you are struggling with seal issues, if they make an equivalent to fit, the highest quality, American-made seals come from Steele Rubber Products.
    Rob & Nikki + Cloverfield
    2020 Grand Design Solitude S-Class 3350RL
    2015 RAM 3500 Longhorn Laramie Crew Cab, Long Bed, 4x4 Dually Cummins/AISIN

Mountains of Pennsylvania