User Tag List

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Travel with 5th wheel - where do you keep your solar suitcase

We purchased a 200 watt Renogy solar suitcase - it is bulkier than I thought it would be - about 36" x 28" x 4" and 35 lb. I am trying to figure out the best way to travel with it.

While it has a case, it still needs to be well protected and kept dry. Our first trip out we put it in the crew cab - looking for what others are doing.
    Keith & Kate
    Central Ohio
    2015 Reflection 27RL 5th Wheel
    2016 Ford F250XL Diesel Crew Cab SRW 4x4

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BluSpyderMan View Post
    We purchased a 200 watt Renogy solar suitcase - it is bulkier than I thought it would be - about 36" x 28" x 4" and 35 lb. I am trying to figure out the best way to travel with it.

While it has a case, it still needs to be well protected and kept dry. Our first trip out we put it in the crew cab - looking for what others are doing.
    Not sure if your 5th wheel has under bed storage, but in my 2019 2800bh Imagine, I store my Renogy 200 watt suitcase under the master bed. I had hoped it would fit behind the couch, but it didn't. I may end up unscrewing the couch from the floor and moving it to make room.
    2019 2800bh
    2018 Silverado 1500

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I store mine in the front compartment on top of the gen enclosure inside a moving blanket. I'm guessing you don't have the gen up there but maybe you have room in that compartment.
    Jim (& Sharon)
    2015 GD Momentum 385TH - SOLD
    For Sale - 2015 Ford F-350 DRW 4x4 Lariat w/ AirLift bags, Titan 65 gal. OEM replacement fuel tank.
    The toy:
    2017 RZR XP 1000 EPS SE