User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ynot4me2 View Post
    OK so Bill @Redapple63 has a little better detail description then I did. [emoji38] but seriously, I, we cannot stress enough to choke the wheels. Yay got it right this time. @The_Lovells

Sent from my SM-P610 using Tapatalk
    If you "choke" a wheel does it die? If you "chock" a wheel does it move?
    Chad
    2023 23LDE 965W Solar, Victron Multiplus, Solar Controllers, Cerbo GX, 4x280AH DIY Lithium Batteries, SeeLevel Tank Monitoring, Shock Absorbers (Replaced 2022 22MLE)
    2022 F350 6.7L Superduty, Carbonized Gray, Ultimate Lariat Pkg, 4WD, Crew Cab, 160" Wheelbase, 3.55EL Rear End, 3566# Payload
    Adaptive Steering, Ultimate Camera Pkg, 20" Wheels, 397 Amp Dual Alternator, ARE Topper (Replaced 2004 F150)

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Riverbug View Post
    If you "choke" a wheel does it die? If you "chock" a wheel does it move?
    Lol that's the problem when English is not your first language [emoji854] lol

Steph & Lise
    2019 F150 Lariat 2.7 EB
    2020 Imagine XLS 22MLE

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ynot4me2 View Post
    Lol that's the problem when English is not your first language [emoji854] lol

LOL! Ok, I'll try to cut you some slack given that we do share borders.
    Chad
    2023 23LDE 965W Solar, Victron Multiplus, Solar Controllers, Cerbo GX, 4x280AH DIY Lithium Batteries, SeeLevel Tank Monitoring, Shock Absorbers (Replaced 2022 22MLE)
    2022 F350 6.7L Superduty, Carbonized Gray, Ultimate Lariat Pkg, 4WD, Crew Cab, 160" Wheelbase, 3.55EL Rear End, 3566# Payload
    Adaptive Steering, Ultimate Camera Pkg, 20" Wheels, 397 Amp Dual Alternator, ARE Topper (Replaced 2004 F150)

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Grand Master IceMan View Post
    Thanks for responding, but I have no idea what you're saying? "Raise up" what? "Lower" what? "Raise" what? "Until what comes undone"? "wdh"?
    Once your trailer is where you want it on the site and level side to side, chock the trailer wheels, deploy the trailer jack and lift the truck and the trailer both until the pressure is relieved on the stabilizer bars. Remove the bars - but keep the safety chains connected to the truck! - then lower the jack until some of the trailer weight is back on the ball. Open the latch on the trailer tongue and raise the trailer off the hitch ball. Once you’re confident the trailer is secure and won’t roll forward or backward remove the safety chains and drive the truck forward until the hitch is clear. Level the trailer front to back, attach the power, water and sewer as appropriate, deploy the slide and start camping!

That’s our process and typically we’re enjoying adult beverages in 15 minutes or less - we both have our respective jobs and it works well for us. Practice makes perfect!

Bob
    Last edited by Rovers; 11-13-2021 at 04:14 PM.
    2019 Imagine 2400BH
    Progressive Industries Hardwired EMS, RV Airflow, MicroAir EasyStart, MaxxAir Fan
    2021 Ram 1500 Bighorn EcoDiesel CC short bed
    Anderson Weight Distribution Hitch

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Redapple63 View Post
    Hi Iceman,

Here you go…

Park and level side to side using blocks or plastic spacers (still connected to tow vehicle)

Chock wheels

Using front hitch jack raise tow vehicle and trailer together to take pressure off of the bars

Once pressure is off remove bars

Lower trailer until all on the truck

Undo ball coupler and raise until tow vehicle are trailer are separated

Pull truck forward to full clear

Lower jack until trailer is level front to back

Hope this helps. [emoji4]

Happy campin!

Bill
    Well said.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Keep the units chains connected until off the ball. Once off the ball remove the chains and emergency break cable. Then pull away

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Since I'm on a cul-de-sac and our drive has a little 'uphill', I pull out and get out of the driveway before I put the bars on when we leave. And take them off before making the cul-de-sac turn and backing up the driveway, coming home. So I guess that I'm doing it a little backward.....
    2023 xls Imagine 22MLE

2009 Ford F-250 6.8 v10 SuperDuty Lariat Crew Cab

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jas451 View Post
    Since I'm on a cul-de-sac and our drive has a little 'uphill', I pull out and get out of the driveway before I put the bars on when we leave. And take them off before making the cul-de-sac turn and backing up the driveway, coming home. So I guess that I'm doing it a little backward.....
    Not really. I remove my bars while my wife checks in. I find the trailer backs (turns) quicker without the bars attached. Same for those times I put mine in my driveway as I have a slope as well.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Don’t forget to unplug before moving the truck.

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    "Don’t forget to unplug before moving the truck." Also don't forget to unplug from the power pedestal before breaking camp. That can make some expensive noises.
    David Lininger, kb0zke
    Rev. 2:10c
    2022 Reflection 315RLTS, 2016 F350 CC SRW King Ranch
    https://www.smugmug.com/app/organize/2022-315RLTS-Solar

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12