User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Riverbug View Post
    C'mon now, you can't tell me you don't love being able to control the awnings and slides with your phone. It's so handy to be able to watch them and clean stuff off as they go in. I use that app all the time! Maybe I'm just not old enough yet to hate technology.
    To be honest, I've never used the phone app for any of that. Why would I? I'd have to get the phone, open the app, navigate to the device I want to control, then push the virtual button, or I could just push the physical button. Which is easier? I like technology, but mainly when it makes things easier, not more complicated. What do you do when the app doesn't work? There are so many points of failure, shoot, the first thing you have to do is determine if it's the phone, or the phone app, or wifi, or bluetooth, etc. If I push the button and it doesn't work, much, much easier to track down the issue. KISS.
    Howard and Peggy
    2019 Momentum 351M, and 2018 RAM Cummins dually 6-speed.
    His: 1999 Honda Interceptor
    Hers: 2013 Spyder ST-S

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Xrated do you have a link to the wireless switches? I have had icons disappear from my one control randomly. Thanks
    2007 Volvo 780 VNL Trailersaver Hitch
    2017 Momentum 397th
    2015 Polaris RZR 900S Voodoo Blue
    2017 Polaris RZR S1000 Matte Black
    2019 Polaris RZR S1000 Titanium Matte
    3 Yamaha Banshee's 2-Honda 400 EX's
    Honda 250EX 2016 Polaris Outlaw 110 EFI

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for all the responses, Ill look for the post but I do like the idea of taking everything to one app (one place) and as I add more stuff, (tank monitor) etc I’d like to add it to the app as well regardless of manufacturer, that is my idea of keeping it simple. Oh and these new electronic locks would be nice to add to that app as well.

I love the idea of pulling up to the rig in my pickup and turning all of the lights on before I get to the door.
    2021 Reflection 150 295RL
    2018 GMC 2500HD Denali Diesel 4x4

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by xrated View Post
    Question......why would you have to switch the WiFi on and off all the time....why not just leave it on?
    Because I don't have Lippert's data plan and if my phone is connected to the RV wifi, I have no internet because I don't have the data plan for the built in router.

I added an aftermarket router to get away from the Lippert sim lock, which works, but Mint Mobile decided to "unallow" my router on the network, and TMobile wants $70 a month.

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk
    2019 GD Momentum 397TH
    Considering a 395
    99 Ford F-250, 7.3, 6-speed.
    22 Ford F-450
    Former Fulltimers, now just using toy hauler to go to Motocross Races and Mountain Bike parks.
    Va Beach, VA

Mentioned
    138 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Crazybanshee View Post
    Xrated do you have a link to the wireless switches? I have had icons disappear from my one control randomly. Thanks
    I went back to my orders page on Amazon, where I bought mine and it says that page is no longer available. I then went to ebay, as they had them too, back when I bought mine. The only thing I could find was a seller that has the tandem (two light switches), but it looks exactly like mine....except two switches on the wall plate instead of three. It looks like you can order a single unit, or a double pack, or a three pack of the two switch configuration....Here is the ebay link for them. Hope this helps.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/25459575732...r=554332703872

Just a word of warning about this project. It does require that you not only add the receivers into the Lighting Control Modules, you also have to do some programming of the One Control unit in order for it to recognize the new inputs to the controller. It is a bit involved, but if you are comfortable getting into the programing mode of One Control, it's not terribly hard to do. Make sure that you document all of your inputs and outputs on the Control module BEFORE you start so that you have a "map" of sorts about which wire goes where when you add in the receivers to the One Control.
    2016 F350 CrewCab Dually
    2018 Momentum 394M...Heavily Modded!
    2023 Suzuki GSX-S1000 GT+
    Excessive Payload is a Wonderful Thing

"If it ain't fast....It ain't Fun"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So after emailing Lippert, their Bluetooth One Control gateway works with ore Bluetooth units, at least back to 2019.

I think that's my switching solution without a major rewire.

2019 GD Momentum 397TH
    Considering a 395
    22 Ford F-450
    Former Fulltimers, now just using toy hauler to go to Motocross Races and Mountain Bike parks.
    Va Beach, VA

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by geotex1 View Post
    My technology is more reliable, gives me feedback - like it or not, is totally portable, and has cost me a pretty penny! That's 31 years together for you!
    Okay, good point. And I guess you can tune it off whenever you want.
    Chad
    2023 23LDE 965W Solar, Victron Multiplus, Solar Controllers, Cerbo GX, 4x280AH DIY Lithium Batteries, SeeLevel Tank Monitoring, Shock Absorbers (Replaced 2022 22MLE)
    2022 F350 6.7L Superduty, Carbonized Gray, Ultimate Lariat Pkg, 4WD, Crew Cab, 160" Wheelbase, 3.55EL Rear End, 3566# Payload
    Adaptive Steering, Ultimate Camera Pkg, 20" Wheels, 397 Amp Dual Alternator, ARE Topper (Replaced 2004 F150)

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CX500T View Post
    Where OneControl annoys me is I am constantly having to switch wifi on and off on my phone when I need to control stuff.

Should be Bluetooth like Mopeka tank level gauges. It just works. No fiddling.

Huh. I've haven't touched mine since I set it up. It always works as long as I'm in range, which is about 20' from the RV. Are you sure it's configured correctly? Or, maybe they changed something in the past couple of years?
    Chad
    2023 23LDE 965W Solar, Victron Multiplus, Solar Controllers, Cerbo GX, 4x280AH DIY Lithium Batteries, SeeLevel Tank Monitoring, Shock Absorbers (Replaced 2022 22MLE)
    2022 F350 6.7L Superduty, Carbonized Gray, Ultimate Lariat Pkg, 4WD, Crew Cab, 160" Wheelbase, 3.55EL Rear End, 3566# Payload
    Adaptive Steering, Ultimate Camera Pkg, 20" Wheels, 397 Amp Dual Alternator, ARE Topper (Replaced 2004 F150)

Mentioned
    138 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CX500T View Post
    So after emailing Lippert, their Bluetooth One Control gateway works with ore Bluetooth units, at least back to 2019.

I think that's my switching solution without a major rewire.

I have a 2018 model of the Momentum 394M, which allows me a WiFi connection between the One Control and my phone. A couple of the functions that I use the most is deploying the slides using the phone app. That way, I can physically be outside watching the slide come out if I'm parked in a spot that may have obstructions like overhead tree limbs/branches or even being parked close to the shore power pole, etc. I combine that with the ability to close off one of the valves in the curbside propane compartment and just open the one slide that may be affected by hitting something. Another way I use it quite often is when I am disconnecting the trailer from the truck at home and not level the camper. I will go into the leveling part of the One Control and raise or lower the landing gears and watch the position of level....front to back while I use the phone app. My front awning on the 394 does not have a physical switch to operate it, it must be done with either the once control tablet or the phone app, so sometimes when deploying it, I use the phone app, especially if there are trees around that might interfere with the awning. I can stand outside and watch the awning come out and insure that I'm not going to hit something with it. I've also used it to turn on the porch and step lights when returning back to the trailer after dark, and before we get out of the truck. It certainly doesn't take the place of some of the physical switches, but it definitely has some value for doing some of the things I mentioned above.
    2016 F350 CrewCab Dually
    2018 Momentum 394M...Heavily Modded!
    2023 Suzuki GSX-S1000 GT+
    Excessive Payload is a Wonderful Thing

"If it ain't fast....It ain't Fun"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    When I'm on wifi for one control, since I don't have the lipperrt data plan, or can find a carrier that will allow my other cell router on their network, I have no internet via the wifi. It is only able to reach the RV, control everything ok but I cannot use data while I'm on the RV wifi.

2019 GD Momentum 397TH
    Considering a 395
    22 Ford F-450
    Va Beach, VA

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast