User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoopy Frood View Post
    To be honest, I've never used the phone app for any of that. Why would I? I'd have to get the phone, open the app, navigate to the device I want to control, then push the virtual button, or I could just push the physical button. Which is easier? I like technology, but mainly when it makes things easier, not more complicated. What do you do when the app doesn't work? There are so many points of failure, shoot, the first thing you have to do is determine if it's the phone, or the phone app, or wifi, or bluetooth, etc. If I push the button and it doesn't work, much, much easier to track down the issue. KISS.
    I dunno, I set mine up once, and use it all the time. It's as simple as clicking the app, entering 4 digits for the password, and then I can start and stop the awning to clean off wet leaves as I put it in so that they aren't stuck until the next time I put it out (just one example). To each his own. I was just having fun. But I do love my apps. I use the Level Mate Pro from the truck, the One Control app for the TT functions, the Victron app for my Lithium battery, and a host of other apps for everyday use. Technology can be your friend if you let it.
    Chad
    2023 23LDE 965W Solar, Victron Multiplus, Solar Controllers, Cerbo GX, 4x280AH DIY Lithium Batteries, SeeLevel Tank Monitoring, Shock Absorbers (Replaced 2022 22MLE)
    2022 F350 6.7L Superduty, Carbonized Gray, Ultimate Lariat Pkg, 4WD, Crew Cab, 160" Wheelbase, 3.55EL Rear End, 3566# Payload
    Adaptive Steering, Ultimate Camera Pkg, 20" Wheels, 397 Amp Dual Alternator, ARE Topper (Replaced 2004 F150)

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CX500T View Post
    When I'm on wifi for one control, since I don't have the lipperrt data plan, or can find a carrier that will allow my other cell router on their network, I have no internet via the wifi. It is only able to reach the RV, control everything ok but I cannot use data while I'm on the RV wifi.

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk
    I'm realizing we must be talking about different setups. I don't have any onboard wifi router in use. I'm just using bluetooth. I wouldn't use it when I'm away from the TT so BT works great for me.
    Chad
    2023 23LDE 965W Solar, Victron Multiplus, Solar Controllers, Cerbo GX, 4x280AH DIY Lithium Batteries, SeeLevel Tank Monitoring, Shock Absorbers (Replaced 2022 22MLE)
    2022 F350 6.7L Superduty, Carbonized Gray, Ultimate Lariat Pkg, 4WD, Crew Cab, 160" Wheelbase, 3.55EL Rear End, 3566# Payload
    Adaptive Steering, Ultimate Camera Pkg, 20" Wheels, 397 Amp Dual Alternator, ARE Topper (Replaced 2004 F150)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My unit doesn't have Bluetooth on the factory one control. Wifi only.

2019 GD Momentum 397TH
    Considering a 395
    99 Ford F-250, 7.3, 6-speed.
    22 Ford F-450
    Former Fulltimers, now just using toy hauler to go to Motocross Races and Mountain Bike parks.
    Va Beach, VA

Mentioned
    138 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CX500T View Post
    When I'm on wifi for one control, since I don't have the lipperrt data plan, or can find a carrier that will allow my other cell router on their network, I have no internet via the wifi. It is only able to reach the RV, control everything ok but I cannot use data while I'm on the RV wifi.

OK, I understand now, thanks for clearing that up for me. Since I don't have a newer version of the One Control that even offers the data option, I knew right off the bat that I would need a hotspot for the trailer. I got in on the Verizon Jetpack deal that they came out with back in late 2018 that provides me unlimited/no throttling data internet access. They do "deprioritize" that line once in a while, but so far, in the almost three years that I've had it, I've only been deprioritized one time....and that was this past Sept. in either Zion National Park area or at Bryce Canyon area.....I don't remember which. Oh, and that data plan that I got was only available for a fairly short time and I am grandfathered in. I ended up paying $55/month for the service and we use it in the car or truck when we travel also via a small 12V inverter that is portable.
    2016 F350 CrewCab Dually
    2018 Momentum 394M...Heavily Modded!
    2023 Suzuki GSX-S1000 GT+
    Excessive Payload is a Wonderful Thing

"If it ain't fast....It ain't Fun"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I spent hours trying to solve this. I have a Pepwave Max Transit Duo, that's my router, wifi hub, etc. I was SURE I'd be able to solve the issue of having to switch WiFi connections, but after about 5 hours, I gave up. I even setup an additional WiFi network to "pretend" it was the one from that stupid OneControl setup. Two reason I wanted to do this: 1) remove the (minimal, sure) power draw from their Wifi router, and 2) to not switch networks.

Trying to force me to buy a plan? Phht. Been a programmer for over 30 years. I guess I should get handy with an Arduino.
    Last edited by MyRVRadio; 11-13-2021 at 05:30 PM.
    2018 GD Momentum 399TH • 2019 Ford F-350 (DRW)

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123