Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Norcold condensation kit?

Have a Norcold 21171m in our momentum and have been trouble shooting some condensation/water issues. Noticed water underneath the slide out under the fridge, mostly on the left side. The carpet that wraps the edge of that slide out panel doesn't seem too wet on top just under to door, but significantly more wet underneath (where it meets the kitchen floor).

Firstly, the flapper wasn't closing fully, so I took the left side door off and did the "washer mod". Initially to my dismay the flapper still wouldn't close, but a day or two later it seems to have corrected and the flapper will close on its own when shutting the door. Seems to have helped as I've had to turn the temp setting lower as there was some freezing going on in the drip tray after.

Next, I went and made sure that the drain hose out back was clog-free. Seemed a little gummy, so I removed the black "plug" from the drain hose and cleaned out the drip tray. sucked on the hose and was able to get water moving. Now the drip bowl in the fridge seems to have emptied (as it wouldn't before). Will most likely keep the hose directed outside through the access panel instead of leaving it in the drip tray going forward.

Now lastly, while going through the process of doing what I described above, I notice that the condensation from the cooling fins looks as if it is able to go behind the plastic lining of the fridge itself. I can push back on the lining and there is room for it to move "back", so I'm not sure if it has separated from the back over time or what.

I've seen a condensation kit from Norcold mentioned in various places, but I haven't seen any pics or descriptions of that it actually is or does. Is it something that I can sort of slide up behind the cooling fins so the water can be directed into the drip tray? I'm hoping that once I solve this last issue, my condensation/water problems with be over.
    -2016 Momentum 350M
    -2016 Ford F350 DRW 6.7L Powerstroke
    -Full time family of 5

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BoneFam View Post
    Have a Norcold 21171m in our momentum and have been trouble shooting some condensation/water issues. Noticed water underneath the slide out under the fridge, mostly on the left side. The carpet that wraps the edge of that slide out panel doesn't seem too wet on top just under to door, but significantly more wet underneath (where it meets the kitchen floor).

Firstly, the flapper wasn't closing fully, so I took the left side door off and did the "washer mod". Initially to my dismay the flapper still wouldn't close, but a day or two later it seems to have corrected and the flapper will close on its own when shutting the door. Seems to have helped as I've had to turn the temp setting lower as there was some freezing going on in the drip tray after.

Next, I went and made sure that the drain hose out back was clog-free. Seemed a little gummy, so I removed the black "plug" from the drain hose and cleaned out the drip tray. sucked on the hose and was able to get water moving. Now the drip bowl in the fridge seems to have emptied (as it wouldn't before). Will most likely keep the hose directed outside through the access panel instead of leaving it in the drip tray going forward.

Now lastly, while going through the process of doing what I described above, I notice that the condensation from the cooling fins looks as if it is able to go behind the plastic lining of the fridge itself. I can push back on the lining and there is room for it to move "back", so I'm not sure if it has separated from the back over time or what.

I've seen a condensation kit from Norcold mentioned in various places, but I haven't seen any pics or descriptions of that it actually is or does. Is it something that I can sort of slide up behind the cooling fins so the water can be directed into the drip tray? I'm hoping that once I solve this last issue, my condensation/water problems with be over.
    I had similar issues on my Norcold 2118. I think putting the drain tube outside is a good idea to avoid slopping water and algae, but would suggest adding a one way valve inline to stop air flowing up the tube into the fridge. Amazon has them cheap.

My exterior condensation under the door flapper in front of the fridge was the result of a door flapper that wasn't heating. GD replaced it directly and I did the install. It should feel warmish and not condense water.

They also sent me the condensation kit for the drip tray. Retail is 35 bucks and I would be sorely disappointed if I had paid for it.

My fix prior to receiving the kit was to use clear Gorilla tape and tape the drip tray in place...also running the tape the length of the tray top against the back wall so water can't seep behind. It worked perfectly. In fact, I may just leave it and not install the kit.

Best of luck!

Sent from my moto g power using Tapatalk
    DECelt
    2021 Solitude 310-GK
    2022 Ram 3500 CCLB diesel