Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Trying to activate DISH service

Satellite newbie here. I'm signed up with Dish and trying to get the system set up. I can't get the reciever activated. I get "total system loss".

I have the coax to the Pathyway X1 antenna plugged into the "Satellite" recepticle in the wet bay. I have the receiver connected to the "Satellite outlet up in the cabinet over the TV.

What am I doing wrong?
    2016 CTD 2500
    2018 ST-310GK

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    OK, got the receiver activated and the TV works. I had to plug the antenna directly into the receiver. Just need to sort out the Solitude's internal wiring.
    2016 CTD 2500
    2018 ST-310GK

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    [QUOTE=Ron3rd;402121]Satellite newbie here. I'm signed up with Dish and trying to get the system set up. I can't get the reciever activated. I get "total system loss".

I have the coax to the Pathyway X1 antenna plugged into the "Satellite" recepticle in the wet bay. I have the receiver connected to the "Satellite outlet up in the cabinet over the TV.

It’s most likely a loose connection in the coax cable. Take the back wall of the basement out and start tightening every coax connection you see. Also, there are cable connections under the corplast covering under the trailer which is attached to the frame. Unscrew it back where you see the wiring to the slide out with the TV. Look for three coax cable connections under the corplast. Tighten them. To checkout bad connections, run a cable straight from the satellite antenna to the receiver and see if that works.
    Paul and Sue
    2017 Reflection 337RLS, GooseBox hitch
    2019 Ram 3500 Cummins CC SB

Mentioned
    191 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is a common problem (many threads on the groups and forums about it). The issue is the long runs of cheap coax and (when present) splice connectors. This causes a drop in both control voltage and signal strength with an automatic antenna. In both our previous Reflection and our new Solitude, I've had to install my own, shorter and more direct run of quad-shield coax with no splices to get good quality, reliable reception with our Pathway X2 antenna (and the Pathway X2 has the largest reflector and delivers the strongest signal of any of the Dish portable automatic antennas).

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    UPDATE: Thanks for all the help, I got it going. In a brilliant bonehead move by me, I had the antenna plugged into the wrong "satellite" connection in the wet bay.

But I took your suggestion and opened the basement wall up and tightened all the connections. Some were loose.

Thanks, Ron
    2016 CTD 2500
    2018 ST-310GK

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Another thing to consider. When not using your RV for several months your receiver may need to be "waked up". This can be done using your MyDish account as well as calling Dish customer service. Have had to do it after taking the RV out of storage and camping throughout the year. You can find it in "my receivers" under your account information.

Anytime you can bypass Dish customer service is a bonus.
    Jim and Annette
    2019 Reflection 150 295RL
    US Army Veteran
    Missouri (AKA Misery)