Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I use LevelMatePRO pro. If we are out more than 3 inches either way I try to move to reduce it.
    2020 Ram CTD 2500 SC SB
    2021 Reflection 260RD
    Anderson Ultimate Hitch

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Malco1 View Post
    Here's what I do if I misjudge when I auto level and find the wheels off the ground on 1 side. I put the system into manual and lift that side up higher, and put blocks under the wheels. Then I lower the jacks down a substantial amount and re auto level.
    I simply use a 2 foot carpenters level to double check how close I am to level. , I have a common bubble level on the back center and one up front just above the access door where my lippert auto level controller is. When I got our GD 303, the salesman said I could now burn my wood blocks in the fire pit, as I wouldn't need them anymore. He was so WRONG. I managed to get the system out of sync the very 1st time out. Just yesterday, I thought I was close enough to level, side to side. It failed to auto level. I decided to drop it back on the hitch and start from scratch. I only had to use a few 1/2" thick pieces of wood under one set of wheels to lift it, where auto level could finish the job. Although it seems an auto level system should be able to even up such small differences, sometimes it just fails. 1/2" of lift took care of it.
    Being as close to level is always going to help before you initiate the auto level. I have 2x6 and 1/2" x 6 ply , 1/4" plywood that I use even in a relatively level camp ground. I also carry some larger, wide planks for use in boondocking spots, which are a must have for some off grid places. But to get back to your question of tools. You can go all high tech if that's your desire, but anyone can get by perfectly with a bubble level center back of rig and a side bubble stick on, combined with a common 2 foot carpenter's level, or even the carpenter's level alone.
    Alan and Paula
    2019 Reflection 303 RLS, 2004 Dodge 3500 5.9L
    Magnum 2k watt inverter-charger, 300 AH Battle Born battery bank, 560 watt solar power. 6K axles and disc brakes. Pepwave max transit cellular router.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Here's what I do if I misjudge when I auto level and find the wheels off the ground on 1 side. I put the system into manual and lift that side up higher, and put blocks under the wheels. Then I lower the jacks down a substantial amount and re auto level.
    That's what we do, also.

2017 Reflection 26RL "Mili"
    2016 Ford F250 Extended Cab Gas Engine "Buck" (the truck)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	79293445-DC86-4FD5-ABE5-95F5E0723B70.jpg 
Views:	28 
Size:	1.16 MB 
ID:	37947

I just watch this in my mirror as I move through a site.
    Pam & Ed
    "Just Kruse'n"

Momentum 376TH (New 11/04/2016)
    Full Timing since 11/04/2016
    2017 Ram 3500 DRW Aisin 3.73

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for that tip
    Tom & Ellen McHugh
    Weldon Spring MO

2021 F350 Crewcab SB 7.3 gas
    GD 150 RD260

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dplant13123 View Post
    I use the auto leveling key pad. If you toggle through the menu it will display the pitch and yaw in degrees. If it’s off too much (yaw not pitch) I’ll block the tires on the low side. No need for a level. BTW, it’s a 2019 337RLS with the four electric jacks. Lippert system.
    Thanks for that information! Sure beats opening the door, pulling out the steps and placing a level in the middle of the floor.
    Mike & Linda
    303RLS
    2013 F250 Turbo Diesel Crew Cab

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12