Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

315 RLTS Residential Fridge and Inverter?

Any one have a 315 with a residential fridge? We just picked up our 2021 315 and can't figure out where the fridge plugs in, where the inverter is located, and how the inverter control panel, inside the camper, works. I called GD customer service but they were no help at all. Thanks for any and all help.

Dave
    2021 GD Reflection 315 RLTS

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ultratravler View Post
    Any one have a 315 with a residential fridge? We just picked up our 2021 315 and can't figure out where the fridge plugs in, where the inverter is located, and how the inverter control panel, inside the camper, works. I called GD customer service but they were no help at all. Thanks for any and all help.

Dave
    I have a 315, but not a residential fridge. There are not too many places they could put it. Try the pass through behind the nautilus panel, maybe somewhere in the bedroom closet, behind the bedroom built in or the bottom part of the hutch panel.

Good Luck
    Bill
    2019 GMC 3500 SRW Sierra Denali Duramax
    2020 Reflection 315RLTS

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The fridge plugs in the wall directly behind the refrigerator on the slide wall, when you first step into the trailer - you should see the control panel where you check your gray and black tanks as well as water heater. That control panel is at eye level, now look half way down and see the edge of the counter top. Just below the counter top you will see a small black panel about 2in by 3in - it will say Inverter and it has a small button - push the button and it will light up green if the inverter is on.

When travelling make sure that your trailer battery is turned on - this switch is in the forward storage area of the trailer.
    So, as you travel down the road, the fridge gets it power from the inverter, which gets it from the trailer battery which is charged by the tow vehicle. This is how it was explained to me.
    When we get to the camper ground, and get hooked up to shore power, I normally turned the inverter off. Hope this helps and wasn't too confusing.
    Ralf & Cheryl
    USAF - Ret
    2020 Ram Megacab Dually Night Edition 4x4, 6.7 Cummins HD, Exh Brake, AISIN 6sp Auto, 3.73 gears
    2021 Reflection 315RLTS - Ultimate Power - Peace of Mind - Arctic 4-Seasons Protection Packages

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank's for the info.

Dave

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dave
    @DarkRam gave lots of good info. I just wanted to add that the inverter in my 315 is located behind the drawers in bedroom in the space where water heater is. Under the closet that shares the wall with bathroom.
    2018 imagine 2970 RL pull with a 2012 Chevy Duramax 3500 srw[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] And now a Reflection 315 RLTS

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkRam View Post
    The fridge plugs in the wall directly behind the refrigerator on the slide wall, when you first step into the trailer - you should see the control panel where you check your gray and black tanks as well as water heater. That control panel is at eye level, now look half way down and see the edge of the counter top. Just below the counter top you will see a small black panel about 2in by 3in - it will say Inverter and it has a small button - push the button and it will light up green if the inverter is on.

When travelling make sure that your trailer battery is turned on - this switch is in the forward storage area of the trailer.
    So, as you travel down the road, the fridge gets it power from the inverter, which gets it from the trailer battery which is charged by the tow vehicle. This is how it was explained to me.
    When we get to the camper ground, and get hooked up to shore power, I normally turned the inverter off. Hope this helps and wasn't too confusing.

Ralf & Cheryl, thank you for your post. It helped educate me as well.

Riley, Just wanted to say I appreciate extra information.

Thank-you again to both of you.

Ken
    2021 Grand Design Reflection 315RLTS at 37ft 11in with hitch weight at 1065lbs - UVW at 9484lbs, CCC at 1811bs, for total GVWR at 11295lbs .
    Tow w/a 2021 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD (3/4 ton) 6.6L 4x4 w/3.73 axle ratio - UVW 7132lbs, CCC 2868lbs, total GVWR 10000lbs, w/GCWR 24000lbs & Tow cap 14,500lbs

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Glad we could help - we only started RVing this year and believe me, you can learn a lot by reading posts and just by researching the web. Every trip is a new adventure and a learning experience.

Want to wish everyone here at MyGrandRV a Merry Christmas and a Happy Healthy Safe New Year.
    Be careful out there and enjoy making new memories.
    Ralf & Cheryl
    USAF - Ret
    2020 Ram Megacab Dually Night Edition 4x4, 6.7 Cummins HD, Exh Brake, AISIN 6sp Auto, 3.73 gears
    2021 Reflection 315RLTS - Ultimate Power - Peace of Mind - Arctic 4-Seasons Protection Packages

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dave
    Can you tell me what kind of fridge is in there? We have the same unit and have to replace the dead NoCold. We have looked at every possible fridge out the and I can't for the life of me visualize how they fit.
    2021 Reflection 31rlts
    2018 Silverado 2500
    2 furkids

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In mine there is a Haier. It is a four door model freezer is on the bottom.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mine is the same.

Dave

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast