User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have had good success with the Turtle Wax as well as the Maguire's spray Hybrid ceramic wax. I was skeptical when I read the package instructions but I figured what the heck for $15. if it lasted the summer it was worth it. I 1st washed camper good. Then go back and spray a section with the wax. Then use pressure washer with the wide fan spray and rinse from top of panel down. Then move to NeXT section and repeat moving all the way around the camper. I went back and put a second coat on the front and the bugs are easier to remove. I was amazed that the water beading action lasts about 3 months. It is much easier to do this than the drudgery of the climbing up and down a ladder to hand or machine wax this monster at 70 years old. I am not nor claim to be a pro detailer , just an old man looking for an easier way to make my camper look better.
    2021 RLS295 & 2021 Ram 2500 4x4,w/6.4 gas

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by luvmyrv View Post
    I have been using Collinite 845 wax on our trailer for the past 3 years. Easily applied with a buffer and proper pad, and very easy wipe off. The longevity of Collinite 845 on the RV as well as our vehicles is pretty impressive. It ranks pretty high on the list of favourites with a lot of detailing enthusiasts.
    Is this a product that you can use if you have decals on your rig? Way too many decals to try and avoid them.
    2019 29rs
    2007 Ram diesel, 4x4 long bed
    CDL with tanker, hazmat, emergency vehicle, and bus endorsements

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by lorend View Post
    Is this a product that you can use if you have decals on your rig? Way too many decals to try and avoid them.
    I avoid them, it's not really that bad. Too many stories of dried out and cracked decals. Wax will dry out your decals, causing them to crack and then peel. Instead, I use Aerospace 303 protectant on the decals, many here do.
    2016 Chevy Silverado LT Duramax
    2022 Reflection 295RL, after owning 2 Rockwood 8289's

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12