User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

303 Graphene nano spray protectant

It was time to wax the Solitude and I figured that I would try something different. This product is supposed to give 12+ months of protection. It took about 1 1/2 bottles to do all four sides.

Application was easy...spray on, wipe around and let dry. It's black...think pencil lead. Removal was another thing. We found it extremely hard to remove from the gelcoat and it required a long hard effort to finish the job. I would suggest just doing a bit at a time. Even a buffer with polishing pad was not enough to remove the black. It required hard buffing by hand. Perhaps a more aggressive pad would have helped. Two sides a day was a big effort for us.

It looks very good...not great. It also does not have that just waxed feeling if that's important to you. The proof will be in the 12 months of protection...since that's the real goal here. If it lasts, I'll say it was worth it. If not....it was a lot of work.

Sent from my moto g power using Tapatalk
    DECelt
    2021 Solitude 310-GK
    2022 Ram 3500 CCLB diesel

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Definitely sounds like an "E" for effort nonetheless! Let us know.
    Jim and Annette
    2019 Reflection 150 295RL
    US Army Veteran
    Missouri (AKA Misery)

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am a car detailing buff and belong to a couple car detailing forums, and I can tell you that your experience is very similar to others that have tried it on their vehicles. Many don't like it for that reason and the fact that it feels "grabby", for lack of a better word. The 12 month expectancy does not seem to be living up as per the people who have tried it.
    2016 Chevy Silverado LT Duramax
    2022 Reflection 295RL, after owning 2 Rockwood 8289's

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by luvmyrv View Post
    I am a car detailing buff and belong to a couple car detailing forums, and I can tell you that your experience is very similar to others that have tried it on their vehicles. Many don't like it for that reason and the fact that it feels "grabby", for lack of a better word. The 12 month expectancy does not seem to be living up as per the people who have tried it.
    Grabby is exactly right. I may just keep it cleaned up with a spray on wax...a quickly applied sacrificial coating so to speak.

DECelt
    2021 Solitude 310-GK

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have been using Collinite 845 wax on our trailer for the past 3 years. Easily applied with a buffer and proper pad, and very easy wipe off. The longevity of Collinite 845 on the RV as well as our vehicles is pretty impressive. It ranks pretty high on the list of favourites with a lot of detailing enthusiasts.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What buffer are you using to apply the Collinite 845 with luvmyrv? Size and Color of pad?
    2022 Solitude 346FLS
    2018 GMC SLT SRW SB Diesel
    Canadian born and raised

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Original AJ View Post
    What buffer are you using to apply the Collinite 845 with luvmyrv? Size and Color of pad?
    I have the Griot's Garage 6" dual action orbital (GG6), solid machine. I switched out the backing plate on it to a 5.5 inch mostly for use on our vehicles, but it works well on the trailer as well. So I use 5.5 inch pads. I also have a 3" backing plate and rarely use it. My favourite pads seem to be the Lake Country Thin Pro pads, and for applying the wax I use their red waxing pad, but have also used their black pad, both work just fine. I have also used pads from Buff and Shine and those are pretty good too.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Having used the 303 with graphene and Griots ceramic on our vehicles and trailer, I agree with your assessment. The Griots is much easier to apply and seems to have a similar life (was hoping the 303 would live up to 12 months, but it hasn’t). You get a little better shine out of the 303 at first - but neither is great for shine.

Just as a recommendation, the Griots is a spray and wipe, no buffing, and offers 6+ months of protection on my vehicles that are parked outside. Can wipe down with the ceramic speed shine between washes too and give it a boost.
    2022 Transcend Xplor 240ML
    2019 Imagine XLS 17MKE (sold 8/22)
    2017 Ford F-150 XLT 5.0 Fx4
    Blue Ox WDH

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Stealth13777 View Post
    Having used the 303 with graphene and Griots ceramic on our vehicles and trailer, I agree with your assessment. The Griots is much easier to apply and seems to have a similar life (was hoping the 303 would live up to 12 months, but it hasn’t). You get a little better shine out of the 303 at first - but neither is great for shine.

Just as a recommendation, the Griots is a spray and wipe, no buffing, and offers 6+ months of protection on my vehicles that are parked outside. Can wipe down with the ceramic speed shine between washes too and give it a boost.
    Is that the Ceramic three in one? If there is no buffing then I'm in! I'm still tired from the 303 product.

DECelt
    2021 Solitude 310-GK

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DECelt View Post
    Is that the Ceramic three in one? If there is no buffing then I'm in! I'm still tired from the 303 product.

That’s the one! I felt the same way - it needed to be worth all that work, and the 303 wasnt
    2022 Transcend Xplor 240ML
    2019 Imagine XLS 17MKE (sold 8/22)
    2017 Ford F-150 XLT 5.0 Fx4
    Blue Ox WDH

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast