User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not a good day in NH

Happened today and shut 93 north in New Hampshire.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	NH accident.jpg 
Views:	403 
Size:	90.5 KB 
ID:	37660

https://patch.com/new-hampshire/conc...h-state-police

Caused by a car losing it while passing the Imagine. Spun the truck and RV southbound in the northbound lanes.

Absolutely torrential down pours which we were out in coming back from a medical appointment. Could not go over 30 and see with wipers going full blast. Fourth time this year we've had rain that heavy. Not seen anything like that since Orlando FL.
    Robin & John
    2020 Ram 3500 LB SRW 4WD Crew Laramie 6.7HO Aisin, 55gal Titan
    2022 Solitude 310GK-R - Dual pane, factory solar & Onan, 8K axles with discs, 18K GVWR, W/D, Heat Pump, Goosebox, Battleborn

2023 stays

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hope no one was hurt seriously, that is always a sad sight to see
    Marcy & Gary
    2014 Grand Design - Reflection 303RLS
    2022 GMC 3500 Denali Duramax Longbed SRW
    2015 GMC Denali 3500 - Retired
    2003 F350 - retired
    Michigan
    We're in trouble now, the dog are bloggin'!
    https://3dogsandatrailer.wordpress.com/

Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Looks terrible, hope everyone ends up ok. It's a shame, everyone is in a rush to get somewhere. Funny how there is never enough time to go slow, but there is time to wait to recover from an accident...

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    2023 Momentum 398M-R
    2023 Ford F-450

SOLD - 2021 Reflection 311BHS
    SOLD - 2017 Momentum 399TH

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This might not be the case here (I didn't read the article) but it's crazy what the other drivers will do to not be behind an RV or a transport. I've seen so many crazy maneuvers, dangerous passing, accelerations just to get ahead of us to only then go slower then what we were cruising at.

Sent from my SM-P610 using Tapatalk
    Steph & Lise
    2019 F150 Lariat 2.7 EB
    2020 Imagine XLS 22MLE

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Minor injuries thankfully. 19 year old tried to pass the RV in downpour and hydroplaned into the side of it. As you said, probably just didn't want to be behind and in a hurry.
    Robin & John
    2020 Ram 3500 LB SRW 4WD Crew Laramie 6.7HO Aisin, 55gal Titan
    2022 Solitude 310GK-R - Dual pane, factory solar & Onan, 8K axles with discs, 18K GVWR, W/D, Heat Pump, Goosebox, Battleborn

2023 stays

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ynot4me2 View Post
    This might not be the case here (I didn't read the article) but it's crazy what the other drivers will do to not be behind an RV or a transport.
    Ain't that the truth. I've had a bunch of close calls where people will pull out in front of me to avoid being behind my camper or boat. One time I had to speed up & pass on a double line to avoid hitting a car which pulled out in front of me. Ironically, I've found that following a camper or a boat usually works out as most seem to move along at a pretty good pace.
    And, like you, I hold no good will to those who hurry up to pass me and then force me to have to slow down.
    Norb
    Upstate NY
    2020 Imagine 2800BH
    2013 Keystone Bullet 23BHS
    2015 Sportcraft AR-ONE 25BH

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't like to follow anyone. It's just my nature. Except when I'm pulling anything... then I follow. But, when I pass I do so safely, giving a wide berth to whomever and whatever I am passing. I don't do so in heavy rain or in snowy conditions (with exceptions). When pulling the rig, unless they are going way slow, I am content to follow - at a distance.
    Bob (retired) & Vicki
    Scuba Diver
    US ARMY Vet (Go Cav!)
    2019 Reflection 31MB
    2019 Chevy 2500HD LT Crew Cab Gasser

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sgt. Roc
    1st Cav, the second best looking patch in the Army.

Norb
    101'st Airborne RVN
    Norb
    Upstate NY
    2020 Imagine 2800BH
    2013 Keystone Bullet 23BHS
    2015 Sportcraft AR-ONE 25BH

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nrbsrsr View Post
    Ain't that the truth. I've had a bunch of close calls where people will pull out in front of me to avoid being behind my camper or boat. One time I had to speed up & pass on a double line to avoid hitting a car which pulled out in front of me. Ironically, I've found that following a camper or a boat usually works out as most seem to move along at a pretty good pace.
    And, like you, I hold no good will to those who hurry up to pass me and then force me to have to slow down.
    I live near NYC and within 75 miles of the place I get cut off constantly. You cant keep a gap between you and the car ahead. Impossible. I installed extreme duty brakes and rotors and I keep up on them to make sure i have the best chance to stop and I can tell you I have stood on the brake pedal 100% many many times. I keep my high beams on and make sure people see me in the mirrors. The worst is while I am in the right lane. The mergers absolutely must get ahead of me. Sometimes I nudge the rig into the merge lane to keep them behind me. Usually the driver behind me see whats happening and plays along. No quarter. Yeah it seems jerky but it will keep 16000 lbs out of these peoples back seats. Sundays are horrible.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    SC was surprisingly bad this weekend. Had to make a sharp right off of SC9 and had directional on plenty far out. When I swung left to make the turn, one car decided to half in the dirt on my right, and then 10 more followed him.

Finally a guy in a semi blocked and flashed the lights for me.

Getting back on 95 later in the trip. People banzai down the ramp to barely get in front of me, and then panic merge.

I basically run the speed limit up to 65.

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk
    2019 GD Momentum 397TH
    Considering a 395
    99 Ford F-250, 7.3, 6-speed.
    22 Ford F-450
    Former Fulltimers, now just using toy hauler to go to Motocross Races and Mountain Bike parks.
    Va Beach, VA

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast