User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Two Versions of the 2022

Would anybody know why Grand Design has two different versions of the 2022. We put a deposit on a 2022 21BHE and the dealership has two in stock. After getting home and looking up the stock# and VIN that was reserved it turns out to have all the features of the 2021 version and not the standard features of the 2022 (solar, electric only fridge, outdoor griddle, updated exterior graphics, and better tires). The one we walked through had all of those new updates and we were under the impression that all 2022's would all have those new features as a standard.
    At first we thought this may be a typo on their site however after searching other dealer sites they also are labeling their 2022's that have the color scheme of the 2021's and only have features found on the 2021......without what as I understand to be the standard features on new 2022's.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Imagine 2022.png   Imagine 2021.png  

Rolling Along
    Whatever state the landing gear sits upon (Texas c
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I can't comment on your specific situation but I wouldn't put much emphasis on the model year for RVs. I've seen so many variations of the same model year trailer in the last 18 months it is ridiculous. My trailer alone from when we placed the order kept changing from the time we placed it until we took delivery. The bathroom shower alone had 3 different component variations in 5 months (upgraded shower head, existence of shower seat and shelves, etc.)

The only thing that remains mostly consistent is floor plan but even that can change slightly.

Full Timing Family
    2021 Momentum 395MS-R
    2021 Ford F450 King Ranch

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Happens all the time across the entire RV industry. Early model year changeover is often minimally different than the prior year and latest builds have the most changes. Further during the model year production, changes are made due to material/product availability, in response to dealer feedback (the manufacturers' real customers), solve a problem, etc.
    Rob & Nikki + Cloverfield
    2020 Grand Design Solitude S-Class 3350RL
    2015 RAM 3500 Longhorn Laramie Crew Cab, Long Bed, 4x4 Dually Cummins/AISIN

Mountains of Pennsylvania

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As others have already mentioned, changes happen during production year unlike in the auto industry. Most are minor changes but lately there has been reports of parts shortage which could also influence their decisions making. I'd take a strong look at the differences between the 2 you saw and pressure the dealer in selling you the one you want.

Sent from my SM-P610 using Tapatalk
    Steph & Lise
    2019 F150 Lariat 2.7 EB
    2020 Imagine XLS 22MLE

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My 2020 2800bh bought in 2019 was an early build 2020 and was identical to a 2019. While the later build 2020's had a few additional features I wasn't a fan of the new cabinets so I'm glad I got the older version.
    Norb
    Upstate NY
    2020 Imagine 2800BH
    2013 Keystone Bullet 23BHS
    2015 Sportcraft AR-ONE 25BH

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My 2600RB was built in Oct 2021, just when they were starting to put in the Compass Connect panel (not sure exactly when that changeover was made). We are glad we have it. It's convenient, especially when I'm alone extending or retracting the slide, and also it tells you the actual battery voltage on the app. You can also (supposedly) add Tire Linc monitoring to the app.
    Mike & (RIP Karen)
    2021 Imagine 2600RB
    2011 Toyota Tundra 5.7 RW, Tow Package
    Husky Centerline WDH
    Champion 2500DF, Prodigy P2

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We also purchased a "2022" this summer. It does not have the 12v fridge, solar, etc. We weren't disappointed as we weren't expecting it to, but you're not alone. Often manufacturers have various build changes within the same year. It's only an issue if you were sold/bought one that you expected to have certain features but it came in without them. Then you have an issue.
    Chad
    2023 23LDE 965W Solar, Victron Multiplus, Solar Controllers, Cerbo GX, 4x280AH DIY Lithium Batteries, SeeLevel Tank Monitoring, Shock Absorbers (Replaced 2022 22MLE)
    2022 F350 6.7L Superduty, Carbonized Gray, Ultimate Lariat Pkg, 4WD, Crew Cab, 160" Wheelbase, 3.55EL Rear End, 3566# Payload
    Adaptive Steering, Ultimate Camera Pkg, 20" Wheels, 397 Amp Dual Alternator, ARE Topper (Replaced 2004 F150)

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rolling changes are normal. Not all are good though...
    We picked up a 2022 that has the solar, 12v fridge, and now has a backup camera standard. That came is still not listed anywhere. There will always be changes. Decide which are deal breakers when a dealer has both "old" and "new versions of the same model year.

Mentioned
    240 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    2022 models have been out since June of this year (2021).

The new, updated 2022 models only appeared in mid-Septmber, the week of the Hershey RV Show, where all manufacturers debut their changes, new models, etc.

Has nothing to do with model year...
    Steve- Inventory Manager at Tom Schaeffer's RV, Shoemakersville, PA www.tomschaeffers.com
    [email protected]
    2011 RAM 3500 SRW Outdoorsman Edition 4X4, 6.7 Cummins--TWEAKED!
    2021 Reflection 310RLS

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you mostly do elec hookup camping then the 12V fridge will be fine. If you dry camp you better have at least 450ah battery bank and 400+ of solar and camp where your solar panels are exposed to the sun most of the day.
    450ah batteries assuming they're lead acid so you really only have 225ah of usage.
    Many mfg are going 12V fridges because they're cheaper and are much easier to install. Same with those solid fold up steps. No cutting the sidewall panel, adding fender skirting and welding in a step bracket.