Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

OneControl freeze prevention

I wish OneControl would allow me to set a lower temp! The lowest mine will go is 47, I wish I could get it down to about 35 so I could have the furnace kick on if it gets below that and pump some hot air into the underbelly to keep things from freezing up. Of course 47 will work too, but burn a lot more gas trying to keep it that warm when all I want is "above freezing".

This would take about 10 minutes to code for Lippert, any idea how you submit a feature request? I suspect it'll have the same effect as sending it to /dev/null, but hey, at least I'll feel like I did something.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Overtaxed View Post
    I wish OneControl would allow me to set a lower temp! The lowest mine will go is 47, I wish I could get it down to about 35 so I could have the furnace kick on if it gets below that and pump some hot air into the underbelly to keep things from freezing up. Of course 47 will work too, but burn a lot more gas trying to keep it that warm when all I want is "above freezing".

This would take about 10 minutes to code for Lippert, any idea how you submit a feature request? I suspect it'll have the same effect as sending it to /dev/null, but hey, at least I'll feel like I did something.
    It would not work like you think.
    The underbelly will be quite a bit colder that the interior, where the Tstat is. 47 inside would be close to freezing for the underbelly
    2021 398M Full Body Paint 8k axles. LRH tires. Disc brakes.
    Two bathrooms, no waiting 155 fresh, 104 black, 104 grey 1860 watts solar.
    800AH BattleBorn Batteries No campgrounds 100% boondocking
    2020 Silverado High Country 3500 dually crewcab Duramax Allison

Mentioned
    187 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would have to agree with @huntindog. In cold weather, our basement and underbelly run colder than the inside - especially as measured at the thermostat.

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Second Chance View Post
    I would have to agree with @huntindog. In cold weather, our basement and underbelly run colder than the inside - especially as measured at the thermostat.

Rob
    Huh, well, great info, thank you all very much. Sounds like I might already have what I want. Just set the thermostat as low as it goes and, if it dips below freezing, likely the inside will be warmer anyway, so 47 on the t-stat may be more like 30 outside.

I have a temp monitor inside the rig, I'll do a little investigation tonight, it's supposed to be about 30. See what it reads on that this evening.