User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

bathroom vanity critter access

I was looking in bathroom vanity today and realized I could see the ground through the hole that the water lines run through! Is this normal? I though the entire bottom was sealed/winterized. Are there any other areas like this - the kitchen sink lines, etc?
    I can see at least 2 problems - pest and critter access and water lines freezing.
    Hutch
    US Army Retired
    2022 Solitude 310GK-R
    2021 RAM 3500 Laramie 4x4 DRW 6.7L HO Cummins Diesel

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BHutch View Post
    I was looking in bathroom vanity today and realized I could see the ground through the hole that the water lines run through! Is this normal? I though the entire bottom was sealed/winterized. Are there any other areas like this - the kitchen sink lines, etc?
    I can see at least 2 problems - pest and critter access and water lines freezing.
    Do you actually see ground, or just into the underbelly (basement)? If it's ground then, there may be spray foam that was missed to seal up around the water lines. But the only water lines that should extend below the coroplast layer should be low point drains. I'd crawl under there and look it over. You can buy black spray foam (such as used in water features) or look for the OEM stuff but that's more expensive. The yellow stuff works fine too, just may not look as nice unless you spray paint it flat black. Hope that helps.
    Chad
    2023 23LDE 965W Solar, Victron Multiplus, Solar Controllers, Cerbo GX, 4x280AH DIY Lithium Batteries, SeeLevel Tank Monitoring, Shock Absorbers (Replaced 2022 22MLE)
    2022 F350 6.7L Superduty, Carbonized Gray, Ultimate Lariat Pkg, 4WD, Crew Cab, 160" Wheelbase, 3.55EL Rear End, 3566# Payload
    Adaptive Steering, Ultimate Camera Pkg, 20" Wheels, 397 Amp Dual Alternator, ARE Topper (Replaced 2004 F150)

Mentioned
    191 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There should be no holes open to the outside (ground) underneath that area of a 310GK. If so, there's an underbelly problem. If the underbelly is intact, you don't need to worry about where utilities enter the interior through the floor. If critters get that far, you have a problem in the basement.

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Mentioned
    240 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BHutch View Post
    If you can see the ground from under your bathroom sink in a 310GK, then you have bigger problems than water lines.

There is no way you can see the ground from under your 2nd level sink, unless you lost the entire under framing. I'm sure you can see into the pass through, but not out to the ground.
    Steve- Inventory Manager at Tom Schaeffer's RV, Shoemakersville, PA www.tomschaeffers.com
    [email protected]
    2011 RAM 3500 SRW Outdoorsman Edition 4X4, 6.7 Cummins--TWEAKED!
    2021 Reflection 310RLS