User Tag List

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question Leak - Cant See Source

Woke up this morning to water slowly running down the outside of the front step, on the side towards the front of the trailer. 2500RL.

It appears to be coming from between the metal plates that are part of the housing for the front step, on the outside of the frame.

I don't see any leaks from the inside of the frame, or anywhere else. Basement looks OK.

Fresh water tank is empty.

We haven't had any rain.

The shower is on the other side of the steps but hasn't been used for 24 hours.

Could it be from condensation?

Red box on floorplan (attached) shows location.

Thanks!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG-6448.jpg 
Views:	23 
Size:	73.7 KB 
ID:	38684

Name:	Untitled.png 
Views:	19 
Size:	526.7 KB 
ID:	38686
    Last edited by Groover; 01-25-2022 at 10:16 AM.

Mentioned
    190 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Water seeks the lowest level. Last year I trouble-shot a leak for some ladies in a class C. The water was dripping out of the left rear corner of the coach - all the way at the back. The leak turned out to be a fitting on the hot water tank 15 feet forward of that on the same side (the coach did not have auto-leveling and was a degree or two low on the left side). It also took the water a day or two to make it to the back of the coach before it started dripping out. All this to say that anything is suspect until you can visualize it and rule out a leak in that component or line (personally, I don't think that's condensation - but I could be wrong). If the Imagines have a Coroplast underbelly, you may have to drop that on it side to get a good look at everything.

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I’d suspect a water leak in the adjacent bath running along the edge of the floor to area of the steps. Water leaks can travel long distances in trailers and seem to do so along the edges of the floor.

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the replies.

Two nights ago I had a major leak in the middle of the night at the back of the external shower controls, in the basement. I managed to temporarily plug the hot and cold lines but it was a lot of water. However my trailer is not level - I levelled it with the slide in so the side with the external shower is the slightly lower side.

Wife took a shower this morning and the leak did not get worse today, if anything it seems to be drying up.

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I removed the access panel under the shower. At the back on the wall that separates the bathroom from the bedroom there are signs of water stains. Hmmmm...

Everywhere else looks OK, no signs of anything around the hoses that come from the underbelly and go to the shower controls and the spray port.

Then checked the spray port - uh oh. It's wet even though I haven't used it.

So looks like that is leaking, dripping down to the floor and running along the top of the frame that holds the steps. Waiting on my PEX crimping tool and crimps so I can repair this.

Name:	Untitled.png 
Views:	14 
Size:	1.35 MB 
ID:	38708

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Glad you found it and actually have room to fix it!
    2019 GMC 3500 SRW Sierra Denali Duramax
    2020 Reflection 315RLTS