User Tag List

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by livinthelife View Post
    Do you really want to be that specific WHERE the safe is on a public forum?
    Okay, now that's paranoid.
    Howard and Peggy
    2019 Momentum 351M, and 2018 RAM Cummins dually 6-speed.
    His: 1999 Honda Interceptor
    Hers: 2013 Spyder ST-S

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by livinthelife View Post
    Do you really want to be that specific WHERE the safe is on a public forum?
    Being that we're the way we are, any would be intruder that attempts to open it may find themselves leaving with a few less phalanges than they went in with.
    Chad
    2023 23LDE 965W Solar, Victron Multiplus, Solar Controllers, Cerbo GX, 4x280AH DIY Lithium Batteries, SeeLevel Tank Monitoring, Shock Absorbers (Replaced 2022 22MLE)
    2022 F350 6.7L Superduty, Carbonized Gray, Ultimate Lariat Pkg, 4WD, Crew Cab, 160" Wheelbase, 3.55EL Rear End, 3566# Payload
    Adaptive Steering, Ultimate Camera Pkg, 20" Wheels, 397 Amp Dual Alternator, ARE Topper (Replaced 2004 F150)

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Riverbug View Post
    We lock everything. Even at home working out in the yard,
    I'm the opposite. I leave the house doors open - I live in a rural area. Never lock my car. Leave the trailer door open at campsites. Actually, I lock the front door when I leave the house, but leave the back open in case I lose the key...lol.
    I keep the garage locked...The boat, fishing gear and hotrod are in there...
    2018 Dodge 3500 6.7 Cummins SRW w/Aisin
    2021 Reflection 303RLS
    New to RV'ing since 1997

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott'n'Wendy View Post
    I'm the opposite. I leave the house doors open - I live in a rural area. Never lock my car. Leave the trailer door open at campsites. Actually, I lock the front door when I leave the house, but leave the back open in case I lose the key...lol.
    I keep the garage locked...The boat, fishing gear and hotrod are in there...
    Please post your address...
    Chad
    2023 23LDE 965W Solar, Victron Multiplus, Solar Controllers, Cerbo GX, 4x280AH DIY Lithium Batteries, SeeLevel Tank Monitoring, Shock Absorbers (Replaced 2022 22MLE)
    2022 F350 6.7L Superduty, Carbonized Gray, Ultimate Lariat Pkg, 4WD, Crew Cab, 160" Wheelbase, 3.55EL Rear End, 3566# Payload
    Adaptive Steering, Ultimate Camera Pkg, 20" Wheels, 397 Amp Dual Alternator, ARE Topper (Replaced 2004 F150)

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Shoot, sounds like he lives next door to us. We usually have trouble finding the house key, we use it so infrequently.
    Howard and Peggy
    2019 Momentum 351M, and 2018 RAM Cummins dually 6-speed.
    His: 1999 Honda Interceptor
    Hers: 2013 Spyder ST-S

Rolling Along
    Whatever state the landing gear sits upon (Texas c
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We have a Wyze based system. Currently we have a keypad for 1 motion sensor, 8 doors (two main doors, toy hauler door, two propane doors, wet bay, and gen bay), 3 cameras (1 outdoor, two indoor, and waiting on more outdoor), 3 enviro sensors (humidity and temp in bedroom, main area, and garage), and 6 leak detectors (washer, spare bath, kitchen sink, main bath, behind wet bay, next to water pump).

Works of wifi which is linked to my peplink with battery backup.

Been using it the last several months. Update address for security every time we stop. Can remotely monitor everything (video, leaks, temperature, humidity, and doors).

Extra economical all things considered and has. been very reliable.

Full Timing Family
    2021 Momentum 395MS-R
    2021 Ford F450 King Ranch

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    LOL
    It really comes down to population density imo. We live in Canada. There are less people in the whole country of Canada than there is people in California.
    I can't even see my neighbours. They can hear me target shooting in my back yard though......maybe that's a deterrent? lol
    2018 Dodge 3500 6.7 Cummins SRW w/Aisin
    2021 Reflection 303RLS
    New to RV'ing since 1997

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott'n'Wendy View Post
    LOL
    It really comes down to population density imo. We live in Canada. There are less people in the whole country of Canada than there is people in California.
    I can't even see my neighbours. They can hear me target shooting in my back yard though......maybe that's a deterrent? lol
    We love Nova Scotia where if I recall correctly 80% of the province's population is in Halifax. Otherwise, it's so remote. The first time we visited, our biggest problem was not realizing that sometimes you can't find anything to eat because nobody is around; we always go off season. We went on day trips and were hungry most of the time. After that we learned to bring a cooler and food on our tours so we wouldn't faint from starvation.
    Chad

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Keeping the entry door lock functional not to lock yourself out

I have a 2019 gd 320mks, the door deadbolt mechanism is unruly and you can lock yourself out if you do not do this technique. The tiny screws that hold the deadbolt lock on can some how get loose and fall out from normal use. I had it lock me out 1 day as I left to go fishing. Lucky for me the wife was still sleeping and was able to open the door from the inside. I had forgot my thermos so I had to knock and wake her. Come to find out as I took the door lock assembly apart, 1 of the tiny screws had fell out that holds the deadbolt lock on and the key did not want to turn and unlock it. We haven't traveled at all and live in our trailer full time, only 125 miles on it since we purchased it as we build our barndominium. You may look at a keyless entry lock for your main entry doors. As far as cargo doors watch the utube I sent, great idea. I used this for our rv as I found out that the factory seems to use a lot of the same keys for some dumb reason.

https://youtu.be/-VRH-0z_XtU

Quote Originally Posted by banshee View Post
    Hello all. I recently picked up a 22 Solitude 390 RK-R. For over 20 years, my family has been in a seasonal site where I am fairly comfortable, and feel relatively secure (I know that things can happen anywhere), but now I am facing new challenges as I expand my RVing.

I have the opportunity to do work out of state, and would be staying in my camper at an RV park for about 6 weeks. It's just going to be me and the dog, so I am looking to do whatever I can to keep my valuables safe (traveling for work, I will have critical inventory with me, both in the actual coach and in the storage areas) and to sleep better at night.

I absolutely hate knowing that pretty much everyone has the same key to my door when I'm camping alone. I've read some threads on here about upgrading locks and getting everything on a single key. I thought it was a great tip to make sure to put a lock on the propane doors too...

Other than cameras (feel free to chime in on those, the place I'm going to will have wifi, but I'm unsure of the quality), what else can I do? I'm not so tech savvy... Should I make sure that I have devices with hotspots that I can tether off of? How exactly does this work?

I plan to travel with my dog, and while he can come to the office with me each day, there will be certain places (very limited) he can't go (like the grocery store). I would be heartbroken if someone stole him, or if there was an emergency and nobody could get inside to help him (with my fancy new locks). What is the best approach? Just putting up a sign that tells emergency responders that there is a dog inside?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I installed new door locks, new basement locks and double locked my propane bottles ( the propane bottles were stolen last winter). That cost me a 100 dollar bill !!!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast