User Tag List

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MechWolf View Post
    Fully draining the system or leaving all taps closed won't keep the pump from priming.
    Well, some have reported not being able to get it primed, and with an open tap, priming will always be easier.
    2018 Dodge 3500 6.7 Cummins SRW w/Aisin
    2021 Reflection 303RLS
    New to RV'ing since 1997

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott'n'Wendy View Post
    I've gone over 25 years of just blowing out the lines. No issues yet....and I live a lot further north than you 'southerners'..lol. Hard plastic elbows are about your only real worry. After you blow out the lines some water may pool in the low 'sags' of the pex but fittings are not at low points and you can freeze a length of pex with water in it with no ill effects.
    That being said, AF is safer.
    That’s what he said. This method would sure make easier process for winter and spring. Do you blow the lines until there is no wet spray at all? My faucets seemed like just air but the shower seemed to keep spraying slightly wet? How would you clear pump of water? Thanks!
    2010 Passport Express - Sold
    2020 Imagine 2600RB
    2013 Chevrolet Silverado 1500

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I blow the taps out until it seems like just air.
    As for the pump, I run it for about 5 minutes or so after it won't pump water. That's it. I was worried the first winter ('93) that the pump might have water in it that might damage it, but in the last quarter century with four different brands of trailers..it has not been an issue. I have.... so far.....not had a plumbing problem.
    2018 Dodge 3500 6.7 Cummins SRW w/Aisin
    2021 Reflection 303RLS
    New to RV'ing since 1997

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The pump having water was my only concern, if there’s nothing to freeze that is the key. I’ll run my pump tomorrow and blow air one more time to be sure. I do agree, from a contractors view the pex does allow for expansion where other more rigid plumbing would not. It’s the fixtures and valves that need to be cleared. Appreciate the input my friend ��
    2010 Passport Express - Sold
    2020 Imagine 2600RB
    2013 Chevrolet Silverado 1500

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you are lifting the AF (ie container on the ground)Any vacuum leak at all in your fittings to the AF container and it wont prime.
    Me I just drain the water heater and blow the system down with air. If you do it right, no problem.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've never had any problems getting the water system primed. As a matter of fact, I always open the low drains and all fixtures after every camping trip and drain the water heater. When I winterized a couple of weeks ago, I closed all the fixtures and the low point drains. I bypassed the water heater and blew the lines out at 40psi to get the remaining water out of the lines. I then put 3 gallons of AF in a bucket and place it in the basement with a hose and attached the city water connection. I set the knobs to sanitize (I believe, since I'm not standing in front of my unit). Turn on the water pump and let it run until it shuts off. It won't pull much AF from the bucket yet because of all the air. I then open the fixture furthest from the Nautilus until AF starts coming out both hot and cold. Work my way towards the front of the RV with the outside faucet at the Nautilus being last. Open all the Grey and Black tank valves and put a vented cover over the discharge and I'm done.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I had the same problem then I remembered the issue. There is a cone shaped screen in the inlet side of the waterline. Take it out and invert it. ( cone in) it will then pull in your antifreeze

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234