User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Turning on furnace

I do not do normally camp in cooler weather but On my last camping trip .When I turned on my furnace when connected to shore power the furnace and the the AC unit started up but no heat just cool air from AC temp was set at 70 F .Should that happen ?
    Or should just the furnace come on ( When not connected to shore power just the furnace comes on which is correct )

Thanks for any help

Doug

2017 29rs
    Last edited by The Popes; 11-14-2021 at 04:24 PM.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by The Popes View Post
    I do not do normally camp in cooler weather but On my last camping trip .When I turned on my furnace when connected to shore power the furnace and the the AC unit started up but no heat just cool air from AC temp was set at 70 F .Should that happen ?
    Or should just the furnace come on ( When not connected to shore power just the furnace comes on which is correct )

Thanks for any help

Doug

2017 29rs
    Does it have a heat pump or plenum heater of any type? My first thought is that the thermostat is wired incorrectly. I can't imagine a reason that both the furnace and AC would run at the same time. Even with a heat pump, the AC unit should run and provide heat down to a certain temperature. And when it's too cold for the heat pump, you would switch to furnace mode.
    Chad
    2023 23LDE 965W Solar, Victron Multiplus, Solar Controllers, Cerbo GX, 4x280AH DIY Lithium Batteries, SeeLevel Tank Monitoring, Shock Absorbers (Replaced 2022 22MLE)
    2022 F350 6.7L Superduty, Carbonized Gray, Ultimate Lariat Pkg, 4WD, Crew Cab, 160" Wheelbase, 3.55EL Rear End, 3566# Payload
    Adaptive Steering, Ultimate Camera Pkg, 20" Wheels, 397 Amp Dual Alternator, ARE Topper (Replaced 2004 F150)

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Set fan speed to "auto" if anything else the a/c fan will run with furnace to circulate air. Or just turn off a/c breaker so it can't run.
    Last edited by JCR GD; 11-15-2021 at 08:48 AM.
    Jim (& Sharon)
    2015 GD Momentum 385TH - SOLD
    For Sale - 2015 Ford F-350 DRW 4x4 Lariat w/ AirLift bags, Titan 65 gal. OEM replacement fuel tank.
    The toy:
    2017 RZR XP 1000 EPS SE

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by The Popes View Post

Thanks for any help

Doug

2017 29rs
    You didn't say what model of RV or AC or furnace.... but.....

Some systems turn on the furnace AND the heat pump when you call for a temperature equal or higher than 3 degrees above the current thermostat temp. e.g..... thermo temp displays 70 dress, you set heat for 74 degrees - the furnace (and sometimes the heat pump/AC) will both turn on.

Try it by only setting the heater temp for 1 or 2 degrees higher than the thermo's temp display.
    Larry KE4DMG
    2022 F-350 KRU SRW LB - Airlift 5000+, ForScan, 37 RDS Aux Tank,
    2019 310GK-R - Sailuns; MorRyde IS; Disc Brakes; 20K Reese Goosebox
    Search kalakamods for my mods

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No Heat pump. Will try on auto next time i use next year .Its all winterized right.
    Thanks for the suggestion

Doug

The model is 2017 reflections 29 RS