User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Can you lower just one leg with the manual setting on the auto level system?

Has anybody been able to figure out a way to only lower one leg with the self leveling system? A site that I dump at has a slope going from right to left and also front to back so that the rear passenger side was considerable lower. I need to raise the pass side up to dump and still have the truck hitched up. I think if I was able to lower just the rear passenger leg I would be close enough to do a decent job of emptying the grey and black tanks.
    2019 29rs
    2007 Ram diesel, 4x4 long bed
    CDL with tanker, hazmat, emergency vehicle, and bus endorsements

Mentioned
    191 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    To the best of my knowledge, no. Also, the auto-level system should not be used with the trailer still hitched to the truck. If you have the Lippert Ground Control 3.0 system, the motors are Hall effect and the system senses each leg's position. Rather than messing something up, I would put a couple of pieces of 2x12 under the wheels on the side you want to raise.

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Second Chance View Post
    To the best of my knowledge, no. Also, the auto-level system should not be used with the trailer still hitched to the truck. If you have the Lippert Ground Control 3.0 system, the motors are Hall effect and the system senses each leg's position. Rather than messing something up, I would put a couple of pieces of 2x12 under the wheels on the side you want to raise.

Rob
    Thanks for the reply, Rob. I have been using blocks to get the trailer in a good enough situation that I can dump. I was just looking and trying to find a quicker and easier way to achieve the goal. When the truck is still hitched up I only use the 3.0 system in the manual mode and then only enough to add a little support for times that I unload the rig when getting home before parking it a lot further from the house. The older I get the more I try for work smarter not harder.
    2019 29rs

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Using just the left, or right button with the rear button on the control panel will lower or raise the left or right rear legs. Using the front button and the left or right at the same time will raise or lower the left or right front legs independently. Using the left and right button only will operate the stabilizer legs if you have the six legs. Not sure if you have to be in the manual mode or not, as I have always done it in the manual mode.
    Last edited by Wileykid; 11-15-2021 at 09:33 AM.
    2023 Chevy 3500HD CC SB 4x4 Dmax
    2021 GD 320G with 8K axles

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wileykid View Post
    Using just the left, or right button with the rear button on the control panel will lower or raise the left or right rear legs. Using the front button and the left or right at the same time will raise or lower the left or right front legs independently. Using the left and right button only will operate the stabilizer legs if you have the six legs. Not sure if you have to be in the manual mode or not, as I have always done it in the manual mode.
    Thanks Wileykid. I have tried that combination and have not been able to get it to just do one leg independently. I have the four leg system. Maybe that makes the difference.
    2019 29rs

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by lorend View Post
    Thanks Wileykid. I have tried that combination and have not been able to get it to just do one leg independently. I have the four leg system. Maybe that makes the difference.
    If you have the Ground Control 3 system, that is from the manual that is for both the 4 and 6 leg system. Have done it several times due to the site I was in, and the auto level was not cooperating (or I was doing it wrong).

Here is the manual: https://lci-support-doc.s3.amazonaws...cd-0001518.pdf

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wileykid View Post
    If you have the Ground Control 3 system, that is from the manual that is for both the 4 and 6 leg system. Have done it several times due to the site I was in, and the auto level was not cooperating (or I was doing it wrong).

Here is the manual: https://lci-support-doc.s3.amazonaws...cd-0001518.pdf
    Thanks for the link to the manual. My owners manual gives all the info for operating the 3.0 system but none of the info for troubleshooting or how to manually override. Maybe they wanted me to think that I would never have problems with the system. haha. I did print some pages off so now that I have them I will never need them????? Wishful thinking?
    2019 29rs

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the link to the manual. My owners manual gives all the info for operating the 3.0 system but none of the info for troubleshooting or how to manually override. Maybe they wanted me to think that I would never have problems with the system. haha. I did print some pages off so now that I have them I will never need them????? Wishful thinking?

I have the manual saved on my phone, along with several others for the trailer.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yup, page #4 of the manual tells you exactly how to operate the landing gear, and any single jack can be operated independently of the others. Not sure why yours isn't doing that unless you are not holding both button in the entire time you are trying to extend a jack.
    Bill & Colleen ~ Schwenksville, Pa
    2019 Reflection 337RLS
    2006 GMC Sierra 3500 8.1L V-8
    Firestone Ride-Rite Air Bags
    Front Stabilizer Bar
    Rear Anti Sway Bar

Left The Driveway
    Vancouver, BC, Colorado and the Southwest
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Rumor: "They don't trailers off the ground with landing gear so they're not twisted."

Has anybody been able to figure out a way to only lower one leg with the self leveling system? A site that I dump at has a slope going from right to left and also front to back so that the rear passenger side was considerable lower. I need to raise the pass side up to dump and still have the truck hitched up. I think if I was able to lower just the rear passenger leg I would be close enough to do a decent job of emptying the grey and black tanks.
    Here's a rumour I heard from a great shop that installed my Roadmaster slipper spring system: "They don't trailers off the ground with the landing gear because they don't want the frames twisted." Interesting, and if true I've been thinking that it could be done carefully with that in mind, like left or right legs on level ground. Does anyone have comment about this if the question is appropriate in this thread? Thanks.
    Chris G.
    2018 Solitude 344GK, Roadmaster Slipper Springs, DeeMax hydraulic brakes
    2020 F350 SRW, Long Box, Air Lift 5000 air bags, Curt A20 hitch

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast