User Tag List

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    WOW
    Thanks for the responses folks - guess next time I am in Walmart I need to take a closer look and also spend some time cruising the web. I have a few other outdoor stores here too - like to shop local if I can.
    2018 Reflection 150 Series 220RK 5th wheel with 6K axle upgrade. B&W 25K OEM Companion, Steadyfast system, 2022 F350 SRW 6.7 King Ranch 8' bed, Trailer reverse lights, rear spare tire holder, storage tube, sumo springs, Victron MultiPlus 12/120/3000, and Solar

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have one of the smallest Yeti and it is amazing how long it keeps things cold/frozen. I mostly use it for keeping ice for drinks in our outside kitchen. Unfortunately, due to weight, I wouldn't buy any of the bigger Yetis. We have purchased several Coleman Xtreme coolers that are the light blue color. They work quite well but the plastic is thin and soft. If you move them around much they dent and deform, especially in the corners, greatly reducing their effectiveness (smashes the insulation). We sort of view them as a consumable that you have to replace every couple of seasons.
    Timmer
    2020 Grand Design Reflection 312BHTS
    2015 Ford F350, 6.2L Gas, Crew Cab

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    X2 on the RTIC. Very pleased with ours!
    Jason & Jamie
    2016 F150 Lariat Supercrew 4x4, 5.0L, 3.55
    2020 Imagine XLS 22RBE
    The Great PNW!

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Coleman is the way to go

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I will say I like my RTIC. Was not going to to spend that kind of money on a cooler, but after having to get ice almost daily while camping I broke down and got an RTIC. Ice lasts three days in that and my beers stay cold. The Walmart Lifetime is a good option as well.
    2021 Imagine 2500RL
    2019 Ram Rebel

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We are RTIC fans also, very satisfied with all of their products!!! Sad they no longer sell them at buc-ees :-(
    2020 GMC Sierra 2500 AT4 6.6L Gasser
    2020 Imagine 2400BH

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Surprised at the negative comments regarding performance of Yeti coolers with regard to keeping things cold; my experience is very different. Have found the Yeti to perform well in this regard.

Agree with the concern with weight, they are heavy. I also agree with comments about interior capacity versus exterior size. I will say, neither of these items should come as a surprise; they are readily apparent at time of purchase.

Regarding price, they are expensive and there are lower cost rotomolded options out there. The rotomolded coolers can be very durable and can perform very well with regard to temperature retention. The Yetis score well in both these areas, but there are lots of other rotomolded choices now.
    2017 Ford F350 Platinum 6.7L PowerStroke DRW
    2017 Solitude 379FLS

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Keebler View Post
    Surprised at the negative comments regarding performance of Yeti coolers with regard to keeping things cold; my experience is very different. Have found the Yeti to perform well in this regard.

Agree with the concern with weight, they are heavy. I also agree with comments about interior capacity versus exterior size. I will say, neither of these items should come as a surprise; they are readily apparent at time of purchase.

Regarding price, they are expensive and there are lower cost rotomolded options out there. The rotomolded coolers can be very durable and can perform very well with regard to temperature retention. The Yetis score well in both these areas, but there are lots of other rotomolded choices now.
    Exactly! My Yeti's are great (have 4 of them) and have all been better than any of the colemans, igloo, ozark, lifetime I have had previously and my friends have. Now, I will say that the RTIC is a great cooler for the price and I would get one in a heartbeat. Really the only reason I went with Yeti is because I received 25% off of them since I get a distributor discount through my buddy. Otherwise, I would have gone with RTIC.
    2022 Momentum 350G - all upgrades minus 3 season doors
    2020 F350 Lariat Sport 6.7 CCLB FX4 - 3.5" Carli Pintop Suspension System - Air Lift Load Lifter 5000 w/Wireless One - 68 Gallon S&B Fuel Tank
    2022 CanAm Maverick X3 Max X RS Turbo RR w/Smart-Shox (on order)

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by pecora55 View Post
    Exactly! My Yeti's are great (have 4 of them) and have all been better than any of the colemans, igloo, ozark, lifetime I have had previously and my friends have. Now, I will say that the RTIC is a great cooler for the price and I would get one in a heartbeat. Really the only reason I went with Yeti is because I received 25% off of them since I get a distributor discount through my buddy. Otherwise, I would have gone with RTIC.
    It's all about price and weight for me. Boat-in camping trips where we bring in a couple of food coolers, coolers for boats, and 18 cases of beer on ice would not be cost effective or weight efficient with Yeti coolers. We go for a week at a time and never had issues with keeping everything iced once we started upgrading to 5-day coolers when they became available.
    Chad
    2023 23LDE 965W Solar, Victron Multiplus, Solar Controllers, Cerbo GX, 4x280AH DIY Lithium Batteries, SeeLevel Tank Monitoring, Shock Absorbers (Replaced 2022 22MLE)
    2022 F350 6.7L Superduty, Carbonized Gray, Ultimate Lariat Pkg, 4WD, Crew Cab, 160" Wheelbase, 3.55EL Rear End, 3566# Payload
    Adaptive Steering, Ultimate Camera Pkg, 20" Wheels, 397 Amp Dual Alternator, ARE Topper (Replaced 2004 F150)

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I used Artic coolers for a number of years. They are built like a Yeti but are cheaper. Need to buy directly from Artic. Wait for sales and get a better price.
    You will not be disappointed buying Artic coolers

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast