User Tag List

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dometic Thermostat troubles…

We have troubles with our Dometic thermostat. Sometimes it will not call for heat. I shut it off and take the front cover off, and put the cover back on and turn it back on. Furnace starts?.. the furnace works fine. It’s just that dang Dometic thermostat!

One time we woke up and it was 10 degrees inside. Brrrrr

I wish I could find a programmable one, and NOT Dometic.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Keniston View Post
    I shut it off and take the front cover off, and put the cover back on and turn it back on. Furnace starts?
    That sounds like a loose connection. Checked the wires to make sure they are firmly connected?

There are YouTube vids showing how to replace the thermostat with a wifi thermostat. They're easy enough to do in a house, I'm guessing it should be easy to do in the TT, but I haven't felt a need to replace mine...yet.
    Chad
    2023 23LDE 965W Solar, Victron Multiplus, Solar Controllers, Cerbo GX, 4x280AH DIY Lithium Batteries, SeeLevel Tank Monitoring, Shock Absorbers (Replaced 2022 22MLE)
    2022 F350 6.7L Superduty, Carbonized Gray, Ultimate Lariat Pkg, 4WD, Crew Cab, 160" Wheelbase, 3.55EL Rear End, 3566# Payload
    Adaptive Steering, Ultimate Camera Pkg, 20" Wheels, 397 Amp Dual Alternator, ARE Topper (Replaced 2004 F150)

Mentioned
    190 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Riverbug View Post
    That sounds like a loose connection. Checked the wires to make sure they are firmly connected?

There are YouTube vids showing how to replace the thermostat with a wifi thermostat. They're easy enough to do in a house, I'm guessing it should be easy to do in the TT, but I haven't felt a need to replace mine...yet.
    The control voltages are different for home and RV thermostats. The OP would have to search for a thermostat with the right control voltage (12VDC for an RV) and wiring configuration compatibility. They're out there - just a heads-up.

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    You didn't note what RV you have, or what kind of thermostat. Dometic had a problem with some of their thermo's. I called GD on mine, long out of warranty, just to verify the model number needed. Then I called Dometic to order, who shipped a free replacement. Then the same day, a second free sent by GD also showed up, so now I have a spare! Only issue is that the replacement is now getting a bit wonky - changes settings if someone walks by and brushes it a little, closes the bathroom door too forcefully, etc. Even once just from going down the road - I may have finally found a use for the red power kill switch to prevent that from happening when traveling....
    2017 Imagine 2670MK
    2012 F-150 SCrew, Eco, 4x4 6.5 box
    Max. Tow, HD Payload, Airbags, ProPride hitch
    (Previous: Jayco 26.5RLS Fifth, Revolution Pinbox)

Mentioned
    190 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @Keniston - @sande005 has a point. You can create a signature block with your RV and tow vehicle information (see mine below). That way you won't have to repeat that information whenever you post or ask a question - and others won't have to ask. You can create a signature by going to:

Forum Actions (on menu bar) -> Edit Profile -> Edit Signature (under My Settings on the left)

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There were a batch that had bad button foam and would act wonky. A temp fix is to set it and take the cover off...sucks but it can be done. In my former travel trailer i used a Honeywell battery operated thermostat. Not programmable but did the teick for the furnace. Problem was it would not control fan speed or the AC....

Sent from my VS988 using Tapatalk
    2021 GD Reflection 303rls
    2019 ram 2500 Crew Cab tradesman 4x4
    Autoslider 5th wheel hitch.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Keniston View Post
    We have troubles with our Dometic thermostat. Sometimes it will not call for heat. I shut it off and take the front cover off, and put the cover back on and turn it back on. Furnace starts?.. the furnace works fine. It’s just that dang Dometic thermostat!

One time we woke up and it was 10 degrees inside. Brrrrr

I wish I could find a programmable one, and NOT Dometic.
    MicroAir makes a programmable one for RVs
    2018 297RSTS
    2018 GMC Denali HD