User Tag List

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I also have a 2600rb and have more than enough clearance. It has cut down on sway from big trucks.

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JonKirkpatrick View Post
    I also have a 2600rb and have more than enough clearance. It has cut down on sway from big trucks.
    What has? No way to know what you're referring to, or to whom you're responding. Use of the "Reply With Quote" option helps make sense of replies a lot of times.
    Howard and Peggy
    2019 Momentum 351M, and 2018 RAM Cummins dually 6-speed.
    His: 1999 Honda Interceptor
    Hers: 2013 Spyder ST-S

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would assume bigger tires, as this is the name of the thread.
    2019 Imagine 2800BH “Chaos”
    2009 Dodge Ram 2500 6.7 Cummins Power “Nessy”

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jproctor9 View Post
    I did this on our 2400BH and have not seen an impact to the floor above.

Since changing the tires, I've also now added the CRE3000 equalizer and sumo springs to the trailer. I suspect the sumo springs will keep any potential impact from happening.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk
    jproctor9, I have been thinking about the same tire change on my 2400BH. The factory wheels are only officially rated for 65psi, which I think is probably entirely because it is a 5 lug wheel and the manufacturer does not want to rate it for a higher psi, that aligns to a load that is more than a 5-lug pattern can handle. In any event, what pressure do you run you 225/75-15 tires at and how have they performed if less than the 80psi max?
    Last edited by Mattoest; 11-20-2021 at 06:45 PM.
    2021 Ram 1500 Laramie Crew Cab 1346# payload
    2021 Grand Design 2400BH

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by morphrider View Post
    I would assume bigger tires, as this is the name of the thread.
    Ah, but you know what they say about "assume".
    Howard and Peggy

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by huntindog View Post
    I have a long history with Goodyear ST tires. All of it bad. I bought into the ST koolaid back then. Then it was blamed on the country of manufacture as Goodyear moved a few times. No matter, they all failed. And the resulting damage ran into the thousands. I tried going up in size and weight ratings 3 times. I then made the jump to LTs in 2006 and never looked back.
    I would NEVER use a Goodyear, even if it was free. They spent many years selling tires they knew were junk, while telling us they were great. They would not stand behind them either. That company doesn't deserve any more of my money.
    I also went with LT's. Coopers.. I had to go p 1" in size but there is no difference in ride/towing and there is plenty of clearance.
    I don't know why folks make such a drama about going up in tire size.
    2010 Jayco 26(SOLD)
    2011 Keystone Outback 277RL(SOLD)
    2021 Grand Design 268BH
    2013 Ford F250 XLT, 6.2L Gas

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mattoest View Post
    jproctor9, I have been thinking about the same tire change on my 2400BH. The factory wheels are only officially rated for 65psi, which I think is probably entirely because it is a 5 lug wheel and the manufacturer does not want to rate it for a higher psi, that aligns to a load that is more than a 5-lug pattern can handle. In any event, what pressure do you run you 225/75-15 tires at and how have they performed if less than the 80psi max?
    I used the load charts for GY Endurance to come up with pressure. D rated 205 tire at 65psi is rated for 2150 lbs. For E rated 225 tire, 50psi carries equivalent 2150 lb capacity.

So GY says you can run at 50 psi. I choose to run at 65psi.

We've put about 5000 miles on them this year, and they've been terrific.

I did have them balanced with metal valve stems and TPMS sensors installed. If you're going to run TPMS, I'd highly recommend metal stems.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk
    James and Dawn
    2019 F150 SCREW 3.5EB 6.5' - Haloview MC7109; Cooper AT3 LTX; Sumo Springs; ProPride WDH

2021 Imagine 2400BH - GY Endurance 225/75-15; MORryde CRE3000, HD shackles and wet bolts, X-factor crossmembers

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have the 2020 2600RB. Moving to storage the other day and the right front trailer tire blew out. Glad I had invested in the Tire Minder. Got off the road as the alarm sounded and prevented any damage to the trailer. The radial insides of the tire came directly through the center tread. Now I have little confidence in the other remaining 3 West Lake tires. Thinking of replacing all 4 with the Endurance tire.

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What is the size and rating of the tires?
    Howard and Peggy

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by KPEC1151 View Post
    I have the 2020 2600RB. Moving to storage the other day and the right front trailer tire blew out. Glad I had invested in the Tire Minder. Got off the road as the alarm sounded and prevented any damage to the trailer. The radial insides of the tire came directly through the center tread. Now I have little confidence in the other remaining 3 West Lake tires. Thinking of replacing all 4 with the Endurance tire.
    You were the one that posted this in the 2600RB Facebook page correct?
    Do you think it would be worthwhile to have a thread discussion the positional failure that we made comments about in that group?
    Jay Leonard
    New Port Richey, Fl
    2022 Imagine 2600 RB, 2021 Ram 2500 CC Bighorn 6.7L Cummins

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast