User Tag List

Thread: New 280RS

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

New 280RS

I just picked up my new Reflection 150 series 280RS. I have owned Class C RV's and a Outback 335CG in the past. First time towing a 5th wheel trailer and I really enjoy how it handles compared to bumper pull units. The 280RS is loaded with lots of nice features and I am looking forward to using it as my home base in the coming years. I have spent my last two winters in Quartzsite, AZ and plan on heading out there this by early December. I have other friends that own GD units that will be there, can't wait to compare notes with them. See ya there.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Welcome! Enjoy the forum, guess you plan on plenty of solar upgrades if Quartzite is your winter destination..we have a great group with knowlege on solar if it's in your future

7wags...is that how may dogs?
    Marcy & Gary
    2014 Grand Design - Reflection 303RLS
    2022 GMC 3500 Denali Duramax Longbed SRW
    2015 GMC Denali 3500 - Retired
    2003 F350 - retired
    Michigan
    We're in trouble now, the dog are bloggin'!
    https://3dogsandatrailer.wordpress.com/

Mentioned
    187 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Welcome to the forum! You can create a signature block with your RV and tow vehicle information (see mine below). That way you won't have to repeat that information whenever you post or ask a question - and others won't have to ask. You can create a signature by going to:

Forum Actions (on menu bar) -> Edit Profile -> Edit Signature (under My Settings on the left)

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The7wagsdad comes from my family of five children and the idea originated from the name my father gave to our boat which was called "The5wags" We abbreviated our last name from Wagner to Wags. Lol

I am adding to my solar setup all the time and have learned a lot about what it takes to live off grid comfortably. In the past I made use of fold out solar panels which allowed me to park the trailer in the shade of trees when available, but get the panels out in the sun. My new unit came with a 160 watt roof mounted panel which is barely enough to keep the 12 volt refrigerator happy. I have merge 3 additional fold out 100 W panels for a total of 460 watts, and added two 200 Amp hour lithium batteries to the mix. This should work out fine in Quartzsite where we get plenty of sunlight, but maybe not enough to operate the microwave or slow cooker in less lite areas of the country. Looking forward to ideas from your group on where and what to do next.