User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Seasoned Camper more tired since retired's Avatar
    southern Georgia, where gnats rule the world
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Two items that are not disconnected by removing the key are the propane detector and the emergency brake. The reason is if you use the disconnect, the propane alarm will go off if it detects LP. And if you forget to replace the key and tow the trailer, the emergency brake will still work. If you have hardwired smoke/CO detectors, they stay powered. the only way to cut off power completely with everything, you will need a disconnect which cuts the negative side at the battery. (safer to cut negative than positive).
    2020 F-250 XLT SuperCrew 7.3L Blue Ox SwayPro, 2020 Imagine 2600RB,
    1600W Solar w/525AH LiFePO4, Victron 3000W, Road Armor w/wet bolt suspension, VisionWork Camera System, Peplink MAX BR1 Pro 5G Mobile Router,MicroAir EasyStart
    Amateur Radio Call N9XGZ FMCA#489460 Escapees SKP#166379

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'd be surprised if a propane detector didn't pull more than 48 milliamps.
    Howard and Peggy
    2019 Momentum 351M, and 2018 RAM Cummins dually 6-speed.
    His: 1999 Honda Interceptor
    Hers: 2013 Spyder ST-S

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by more tired since retired View Post
    Two items that are not disconnected by removing the key are the propane detector and the emergency brake.
    Again, all units seem to be different. From this thread, I said ..

On the unit I have in my .sig, everything is unpowered except:
    • motion detection light in the front battery compartment
    • motion detection light in the pass through storage
    • the switch for the happi jack lift in the garage
    • the switch for the front hitch lights
    • the trailer breakaway switch

There is power directly connected to the hydraulic pump, but the leveling controller and the OneConnect panel are both unpowered. No detectors are powered except those that have internal batteries. The RockfordFosgate stereo is unpowered as is anything else I could find that runs on 12V.

I took the voltmeter to the fuse panel and it's completely off with the disconnect switch off.

I disconnected the cable on the Level Up system and switched off the compartment lights. None of those had an effect on the 50mA draw.

I doubt if the toggle switches for the happi jack & hitch lights are leaking, so that leaves the breakaway switch?

Before taking that apart, I need to check the ammeter for accuracy.
    signature

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jlk111 View Post
    If I remember right from many years ago a car stereo had a parasitic draw of 6-8 milliamps.
    Most of what I've been able to find on the net (so you know it's true ) is car stereos draw in the 30-60mA range for their clock and internal memories.

You bring up a good point! I have no idea if the Grand Design installed optional RockfordFosgate PMX-1 was directly wired for memory. I looked at the user manual & spec sheet for it. Here's the plug info ..

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	RockfordFosgateConnector.JPG 
Views:	6 
Size:	58.6 KB 
ID:	37887

There's pin 6 (RED) which is +12V and pin 9 (BLUE/WHITE), which is REMOTE(+). This unit doesn't have a clock, but it does have radio presets, so I presume it has internal memory. It very well could be that the 48mA draw I'm seeing with the red handle battery disconnect switch off is due to (maybe) the pin 9 "REMOTE" connection on the RF?

That's a pretty good lead on where I could check next for that parasitic draw - thanks!
    signature

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123