User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Atwood water heater leaking

I have a 2017 303rls that is dripping water above the cold water inlet. It appears water is coming from where aluminum fitting attaches to aluminum tank not where plastic threaded fitting is screwed in. It looks like this may be a fitting attached but was hoping somebody knows. If not a fitting then new water heater will be required. 😖

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Golf4fun View Post
    I have a 2017 303rls that is dripping water above the cold water inlet. It appears water is coming from where aluminum fitting attaches to aluminum tank not where plastic threaded fitting is screwed in. It looks like this may be a fitting attached but was hoping somebody knows. If not a fitting then new water heater will be required. ��
    I haven't had the occasion to look at the back of our water heater up close and personal. Is there a fitting tig welded to the back of the tank? I suppose if that fitting has a crack in it, you maybe could get the aluminum fitting tig welded again to repair it?
    Steve & Tami Cass - Escapee's, FMCA Members, Texas Fulltimers Since July 2020
    2019 Solitude 3350RL S-Class, 2018 Ram 3500 DRW, Laramie Longhorn, B&W Companion, Texas Class A Non-CDL Drivers License
    Sharing the Fulltime Lifestyle - www.youtube.com/@tsrvadventures3219/videos, Nonprofit Channel

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Steven@147 View Post
    I haven't had the occasion to look at the back of our water heater up close and personal. Is there a fitting tig welded to the back of the tank? I suppose if that fitting has a crack in it, you maybe could get the aluminum fitting tig welded again to repair it?
    Wonder if JB Weld (for aluminum) would work if it is at the metal fitting? There's not excessive pressure in the water line, so might be worth a try before going through the hassle of removing the unit and taking it to a welding shop; which is the next option if they don't want to take it in for service...
    Chad
    2023 23LDE 965W Solar, Victron Multiplus, Solar Controllers, Cerbo GX, 4x280AH DIY Lithium Batteries, SeeLevel Tank Monitoring, Shock Absorbers (Replaced 2022 22MLE)
    2022 F350 6.7L Superduty, Carbonized Gray, Ultimate Lariat Pkg, 4WD, Crew Cab, 160" Wheelbase, 3.55EL Rear End, 3566# Payload
    Adaptive Steering, Ultimate Camera Pkg, 20" Wheels, 397 Amp Dual Alternator, ARE Topper (Replaced 2004 F150)

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was thinking the same thing as @Riverbug just mentioned. It worth a shot.

Sent from my SM-P610 using Tapatalk
    Steph & Lise
    2019 F150 Lariat 2.7 EB
    2020 Imagine XLS 22MLE