User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mine is recalled too! I have a early 2019.
    Location - Wherever the road takes us...Full-timers
    2015 Momentum 380
    2019 Ram Dually

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Funny thing...I had a CP4 in my 2015 Duramax. I traded it in with 90,000 miles on it, never knew about the issue or worried about the fuel pump. Now I had several other problems.
    Location - Wherever the road takes us...Full-timers
    2015 Momentum 380
    2019 Ram Dually

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by el Rojo View Post
    Funny thing...I had a CP4 in my 2015 Duramax. I traded it in with 90,000 miles on it, never knew about the issue or worried about the fuel pump. Now I had several other problems.
    I worried about the pump because I'd lost one before. I was returning from FL in 2007 with horses in tow and wife and kids in the truck when my VP44 went belly up in an instant (in all fairness it was caused by the lift pump failing to provide enough fuel to the Bosch which was a known issue back then). I was extremely lucky that I had a place to pull over (although blocking a side road partially) and only a couple of miles from home. The fight I had with Dodge to cover (I was still in the Cummins warranty period) took so much time and energy that it was really a painful experience. At least I only had to replace the two pumps. They absolutely refused to honor the 100K Cummins warranty and I had to get Daimler Chrysler in Germany involved to recover the expense. Suffice to say I am surprised and happy to see my VIN on the recall list.
    Robin & John
    2020 Ram 3500 LB SRW 4WD Crew Laramie 6.7HO Aisin, 55gal Titan
    2022 Solitude 310GK-R - Dual pane, factory solar & Onan, 8K axles with discs, 18K GVWR, W/D, Heat Pump, Goosebox, Battleborn

2023 stays

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I received a Safety Recall today on my 2020 Ram 3500 for the High Pressure Fuel Pump.
    The recall states "It may fail prematurely" but then they say "The remedy for this condition
    is not currently available".

Does anyone have any idea when a fix will be available?
    Thanks for any help:
    Bob A.
    Bob & Alice
    2020 Ram 3500 Limited Megacab SRW Aisin
    2020 Grand Design Imagine 2450RL
    ProPride 3P 1400 lb. bars WDH
    Micro Air easy start, Goodyear Endurance Load rated "E" Tires
    Titan 50 gallon diesel replacement tank
    Previous: 2019 Ram 1500 Limited

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by attaboy View Post
    I received a Safety Recall today on my 2020 Ram 3500 for the High Pressure Fuel Pump.
    The recall states "It may fail prematurely" but then they say "The remedy for this condition
    is not currently available".

Does anyone have any idea when a fix will be available?
    Thanks for any help:
    Bob A.
    From what I have been reading, it is all over the map, latest is near the end of the first quarter. There has been more pictures showing up on the net of the new pump installed. From one of the pictures, it looks like they are using an adapter plate like the aftermarket ones. Not a CP4, but unconfirmed if it is a CP3.
    2023 Chevy 3500HD CC SB 4x4 Dmax
    2021 GD 320G with 8K axles

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pictures of alleged recall kit on the bottom of this link. Note the title of the thread - some engines are being replaced - not sure why.
    https://www.cumminsforum.com/threads...#post-29575372

Here's the thread where the pics were originally posted. Doesn't seem like anyone knows if it is a legit kit or aftermarket. But some interesting info in the dialog below it on appointments being made.
    https://hdrams.com/forum/index.php?t...a.6321/page-15
    Last edited by ajg617; 01-08-2022 at 08:38 AM.
    Robin & John
    2022 Solitude 310GK-R - Dual pane, factory solar & Onan, 8K axles with discs, 18K GVWR, W/D, Heat Pump, Goosebox, Battleborn

2023 stays

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My notice came today. Called the dealer. Nobody in parts where I purchased it was even aware of the recall. Tried the local dealer and all the parts folks are out ill (you can guess with what).
    Robin & John

2023 stays

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Called my dealer this morning and asked if they had a waiting list. They said no and to wait until I got a notice that the parts are now available. Works for me as we're sitting idle at home for a few months anyways.

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by goducks14 View Post
    Called my dealer this morning and asked if they had a waiting list. They said no and to wait until I got a notice that the parts are now available. Works for me as we're sitting idle at home for a few months anyways.
    I would like to have it done before we head to the Dakotas in May. Service just called and said they are expecting parts in 1Q so should be good. I'm on some list anyway.
    Robin & John

2023 stays

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123