User Tag List

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Converting GD part# to Dexter part#

I wanted to purchase spare Axel parts (brake shoes, bearings, drum, ect.) for future repairs and to have with my on road trips but looking up the part number on GD's Parts Lookup page just gives me GD's part number. How do I get Dexter part numbers so I can purchase parts at my local trailer supply shop?

Thanks
    2022 Imagine 22RBE
    2021 Ram 1500 Big Horn 5.7 Hemi 4X4
    USAF Veteran

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There's a sticker on each axle with the relevant info for that particular axle. With that info you can reach out to Dexter and get the parts info that you require.

Sent from my SM-P610 using Tapatalk
    Steph & Lise
    2019 F150 Lariat 2.7 EB
    2020 Imagine XLS 22MLE

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ynot4me2 View Post
    There's a sticker on each axle with the relevant info for that particular axle. With that info you can reach out to Dexter and get the parts info that you require.

Sent from my SM-P610 using Tapatalk
    I would sure recommend any owner of a GD trailer do exactly this, and keep a printed copy in the trailer at all times. Dexter will give info all the way down to the grease cap.

On the first trip with my Reflection, I had a major wheel issue that required replacing the brake assembly and wheel drum. I was in the middle of nowhere and really didn't have much time to mess with the issue (campground reservations). Since I had the exact parts numbers I was able to contact a Dexter dealer about 50 miles away, and they had the parts over-nighted in for me to do the repair. No confusion or getting the wrong parts shipped!

Believe me, there is no way you are going to be successful in an emergency when you call a parts supplier and ask for bearings, etc for a model XXXX Grand Design trailer.
    2020 Reflection 273MK

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good information!

Thanks
    2022 Imagine 22RBE
    USAF Veteran

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dryfly View Post
    I would sure recommend any owner of a GD trailer do exactly this, and keep a printed copy in the trailer at all times. Dexter will give info all the way down to the grease cap.

On the first trip with my Reflection, I had a major wheel issue that required replacing the brake assembly and wheel drum. I was in the middle of nowhere and really didn't have much time to mess with the issue (campground reservations). Since I had the exact parts numbers I was able to contact a Dexter dealer about 50 miles away, and they had the parts over-nighted in for me to do the repair. No confusion or getting the wrong parts shipped!

Believe me, there is no way you are going to be successful in an emergency when you call a parts supplier and ask for bearings, etc for a model XXXX Grand Design trailer.
    Take this a step further: Carry an extra set of bearings, races and seals with you. Even if you can't change them on the side of the road, a mobile tech easily can. They don't take up any space, don't weigh anything, and aren't expensive. At a very minimum a bearing set and spare tire can get you off the side of the road to somewhere safe where proper repairs can be made.

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dryfly View Post

+1

I ran into that just looking for a wheel lug bolt
    2010 Jayco 26(SOLD)
    2011 Keystone Outback 277RL(SOLD)
    2021 Grand Design 268BH
    2013 Ford F250 XLT, 6.2L Gas

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I sent Dexter the information from the stickers on the axles and they said those are Lippert part numbers and they could not help me.

So then I drove over to Textrail with one of my drums and said I needed a brake assembly, drum and various spare parts and also said I had Lippert part numbers for her. The lady said Lippert part numbers won't help her but she asked if that drum I was holding was for brake assembly I wanted? I said yes and she asked if it was a 5 lug (yes), left or right side (right) and then she handed me a lug pattern card and asked me to match it with my lug pattern and give her the corresponding number (I did) and then she said she was good and started my order. She said they don't sell Lippert parts but they can sell me Dexter parts that were better and interchangeable.
    2022 Imagine 22RBE
    USAF Veteran