User Tag List

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Seasoned Camper more tired since retired's Avatar
    southern Georgia, where gnats rule the world
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My recent experience using the TSD card. Hauled our 2600RB from southern GA to just outside of Elkhart, IN (full solar install). Fuel ran $3.199 at a Bucee's in northern GA to near $4.00. At one Petro station, 1/10 mile off interstate had posted fuel at 3.909. With my card, it was 3.249. Pilot across the interstate was 3.799, with a 7 cent discount for Good Sam membership. Just using the Petro my savings was $21.12 one way and $16.33 on my return trip. Total savings at that one station was $37.45. The savings was like getting more than 10 gallons FREE.

Out west last summer, we saved over $185 by fueling up at TSD stations. If they were too far off the road, I used gas buddy. And I carry a listing of all Costco stations which carry diesel. And looking up the specific Costco, you can check fuel (gas and diesel) on the store's website. Average Costco savings was just over .30/gallon over other local fuel stops.

And for those of you interested in Costco stations that carry diesel, here is a list, current to today, direct from Costco.

https://www.costco.com/gasoline-diesel.html
    Last edited by more tired since retired; 11-24-2021 at 08:13 PM. Reason: add costco diesel station link
    2020 F-250 XLT SuperCrew 7.3L Blue Ox SwayPro, 2020 Imagine 2600RB,
    1600W Solar w/525AH LiFePO4, Victron 3000W, Road Armor w/wet bolt suspension, VisionWork Camera System, Peplink MAX BR1 Pro 5G Mobile Router,MicroAir EasyStart
    Amateur Radio Call N9XGZ FMCA#489460 Escapees SKP#166379

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In the Southeast, the TSD card usually provides solid savings. Just filled up tonight at a TA in middle TN. Cost at pump was $3.87 and with TSD price was $3.07. Local Shell, Mapco, and Exxon we’re all $3.79 plus. In East TN this past weekend the TSD truck stops were less advantageous. Local pumps and TSD truck stops were all running around $3.27, except the TA near Knoxville that was $3.09. My experience has been that TA on the TSD program beats Loves every time. Loves usually has nicer facilities, though.
    If I’m on the highway with the 5er, I usually find the TSD provides slightly better pricing and added convenience (no need to go inside like others have stated) compared to other stopping options.
    Ben, Amanda, Levi & Asher
    2021 Reflection 150 290BH
    2022 GMC Sierra 3500HD Duramax

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Do you have any issues with a lot of foaming when using a high flow nozzle?
    2018 Solitude 375RES
    2007 Ram 3500 6.7L Diesel Long-bed

Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mlwerner View Post
    Do you have any issues with a lot of foaming when using a high flow nozzle?
    Not with Diesel.

You need to ensure the nozzle is not pushed too far into the tank, otherwise the self shutoff will keep stopping, but you learn fast.

Like others have said, I use the Truck Lanes even when I am not towing. I can fill up faster than the Semi's so most Truckers won't mind.

What pisses me off, and other Truckers, the most is; some Dirtbag that pulls out of the pump and then goes inside for an extended period. That's just a waste of everybody's time. Once, when I was Towing, some Dirtbag Trucker went inside and didn't come out for an extended period, I walked back to the Trucker behind me to let him know it wasn't me holding up the lane.

PS: Once you get used to using the Truck Lanes, the "Retail" pumps are too slow. I once pulled into a Buc-ees in Tx, and since they do not have Truck Lanes, I only had enough patience to fill the truck to 1/2 full. I couldn't believe how spoiled I had gotten using the Truck Lanes.
    Last edited by SolarPoweredRV; 11-25-2021 at 08:29 AM.
    David and Peggy
    2019 Ford F350 Lariat, 6.7L Diesel, Dually, Long Bed
    Running with 20k Reese Goosebox (Love It) and Ford Factory "Puck" system.
    Stopping with 8,000 lb Disc Brakes and Titan Hydraulic over Electric Brakes system.
    Powering all this fun with 1200 Watts of Solar, two Tesla, Model S, battery modules, 24 volt Victron Inverter.
    2018 Solitude 310 GK

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ManageIT View Post
    I fill mine up there whether I'm towing or not. I've saved as much as $20 per fill up. I'll irritate people for that.

Honestly though, our pick-ups fill up so fast with those high flow nozzles that we are not there long enough to irritate any but the most grumpy trucker.
    I resemble that remark!
    2020 Solitude 375 RES
    Tow Vehicle 2017 F-450 Lariat 4X4 Crew Cab Long Bed FX4 6.7 Diesel Titanium White Tri Coat
    To truly know what a man is, give him authority
    Best way to get back on your feet is to get off your ******
    God, Guns, Guts, made America free, lets keep all three

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lc1496 View Post
    I'm a bit confused by the line in your post about "the limit on their card makes it seem useless." There is no purchase limit with the TSD card; truck fleets use the TSD card as well (it's not just for RVers) and they typically fuel up with 300 to 400 gallons at a time. I've seen some outrageous dollar amounts when I fill up after a semi and they don't have to stop and start with their cards. Truck drivers would go on strike if they had to do that given the quantity of fuel, DEF and routine windshield washing they do when they stop to fuel up.

GasBuddy is the 1st alternate for me if a truck stop isn't in the region where I'm traveling. But I never fill up at any place other than a truck stop when I'm pulling the travel trailer.

Bob

Not trying to be picky but the limit I was referring to is Gas Buddy as I was discussing it. Their card has $75.00 limit on it. At $3.50-$4.00 a gallon that doesn’t go very far to fill 100+ gallon tank.

Yes TSD has a $950 limit on their cards I believe. At least I think mine does.[/QUOTE]

Ahh, that makes sense. Thankfully the fuel prices haven't gotten high enough - YET - for me to reach $75 with GasBuddy. Those days may be coming though

And the size of the tank on my truck and the diesel prices will probably keep me from hitting $950 if that's the limit with TSD.

Happy Thanksgiving to you!

Bob
    2019 Imagine 2400BH
    Progressive Industries Hardwired EMS, RV Airflow, MicroAir EasyStart, MaxxAir Fan
    2021 Ram 1500 Bighorn EcoDiesel CC short bed
    Anderson Weight Distribution Hitch

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    TA/Petro have the biggest discount.
    Love's has just implemented the 28 cents/gallon discount.
    Flying J used to offer decent discounts, but they no longer offer a discount with the TSD card. They have an exclusive with Good Sam's; a whopping 6 cents/gallon.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345