User Tag List

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Diesel Fuel Discount Program

A while back and somewhere on one of these fora, I think it was this one, I read about some program for obtaining a substantial discount on diesel fuel. Can anyone clue me in on this?

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Dennis & Ellie
    Current 2017 Newmar Ventana Class A & 1994 Airstream Excella Classic Limited Project
    Sold - 310-GK-R Delivered 28 Oct 2016
    2016 GMC Denali 1 Ton Diesel SRW Payload 3727LBS B&W Hitch

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I’m assuming that it is in poor form to use the truck lane without my fifth wheel in tow. True?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike Clay View Post
    I’m assuming that it is in poor form to use the truck lane without my fifth wheel in tow. True?
    I fill mine up there whether I'm towing or not. I've saved as much as $20 per fill up. I'll irritate people for that.

Honestly though, our pick-ups fill up so fast with those high flow nozzles that we are not there long enough to irritate any but the most grumpy trucker.
    2016 Ford F350 DRW King Ranch
    2021 Grand Design Solitude S-Class 3550BH

Camp Sites - https://www.google.com/maps/d/edit?m...fw&usp=sharing

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ManageIT View Post
    I fill mine up there whether I'm towing or not. I've saved as much as $20 per fill up. I'll irritate people for that.

Honestly though, our pick-ups fill up so fast with those high flow nozzles that we are not there long enough to irritate any but the most grumpy trucker.
    Thanks. I’ll try that if the truck stop isn’t busy.
    Diane and Mike
    2022 280RS. Onan generator, Sumo Springs, MORyde crossmembers, hardwired surge protector
    2015 F-350 DRW 4x4 6.7L Power Stroke Feed Truck. 4.10s, front & rear stabilizer bars, Andersen 3221-TBX
    2021 Thor Chateau 22E Class C (retired) & 1970 Pop-Up Camper (retired - saw much of Western Europe)

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Here in the Northeast, if you look closely you will find that the truck stops caught onto the private sector use (technically, abuse) of the program. For instance, everyone raves over the amount of savings at Love's... Truth be told I can go down the road to a Sheetz, put my 5er right under the camper, and fill up at not only the "discounted" TSD price at Love's, but I get my Sheetz member rewards ($0.04-0.10/gal) off and get credit card cash back (cannot with the TSD and CC use in most all States here). Oh, yeah, I can also use Weis points at Sheetz (local grocery store chain). So, my TSD card pretty much collects dust in my wallet now. Usually circumstance - oversold killing a good thing.
    Rob & Nikki + Cloverfield
    2020 Grand Design Solitude S-Class 3350RL
    2015 RAM 3500 Longhorn Laramie Crew Cab, Long Bed, 4x4 Dually Cummins/AISIN

Mountains of Pennsylvania

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Around here you can use Quicktrip, Racetrac, Raceways. They have high awing's and large parking lots. Couple weeks ago I was headed to Florida and I use to stop at the Flying J at Dothan Ala. They have RV pumps but still a busy place to get in and out. Now I stop at the Raceway because Flying J is so high due to the discount cards. Flying J was 385.9 per gal. Raceway 339.9 and you don't need a card.
    2021 351MR
    2017 Jayco 377rlbh (sold)

Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ManageIT View Post

I agree..

We really love the TSD Logistics card.

PS: you really get spoiled with those high flow nozzles.
    David and Peggy
    2019 Ford F350 Lariat, 6.7L Diesel, Dually, Long Bed
    Running with 20k Reese Goosebox (Love It) and Ford Factory "Puck" system.
    Stopping with 8,000 lb Disc Brakes and Titan Hydraulic over Electric Brakes system.
    Powering all this fun with 1200 Watts of Solar, two Tesla, Model S, battery modules, 24 volt Victron Inverter.
    2018 Solitude 310 GK

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What geotex1 said. I'm looking at the TSD app right now and it's telling me the station with best price is over an hour away. Meanwhile, the Chevron about 15 minutes from me (I'm currently boondocking), is about 5 cents cheaper. When I first got the card, there was a considerable difference, but it seems that the likes of Loves have just marked their prices up. Having said that, I use them when I can just for the lanes, trailer or not.
    Jeff
    2021 30G Toy Hauler
    2021 RAM 2500 6.7L HD

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Love’s usually has the best diesel price near our ranch. That’s where I buy fuel. When I opened the TSD app for the first time yesterday my local Love’s showed a savings of 28 cents/gallon. That’s a savings of $20 per fill up for me. Not too shabby. None of our local grocery store or convenience store loyalty cards add up to anything near those savings.
    Last edited by Mike Clay; 11-18-2021 at 05:20 AM.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast