User Tag List

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Walaby View Post
    Yesterday, on way home, I saved 51 cents a gallon at TA truck stop Lake Park Ga.

Pump Price $3.75, My price $3.24

Right now, according to the app, all Loves are 28 cents off pump price.

Mike

Did I mention that one big advantage to this card is that it allows you to start the Truck pumps and get your Diesel without needing to enter the Truck Stop prior to pumping your fuel?

This is a big time saver at Truck Stops.
    David and Peggy
    2019 Ford F350 Lariat, 6.7L Diesel, Dually, Long Bed
    Running with 20k Reese Goosebox (Love It) and Ford Factory "Puck" system.
    Stopping with 8,000 lb Disc Brakes and Titan Hydraulic over Electric Brakes system.
    Powering all this fun with 1200 Watts of Solar, two Tesla, Model S, battery modules, 24 volt Victron Inverter.
    2018 Solitude 310 GK

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yesterday, on way home, I saved 51 cents a gallon at TA truck stop Lake Park Ga.

Pump Price $3.75, My price $3.24

Right now, according to the app, all Loves are 28 cents off pump price.

Mike
    That’s a heck of a deal. I assume that the “TA” station was a TravelCenters of America station. I just looked them up and it didn’t look like a “civilian” could get a card. Am I incorrect? Thank you for sharing.
    Diane and Mike
    2022 280RS. Onan generator, Sumo Springs, MORyde crossmembers, hardwired surge protector
    2015 F-350 DRW 4x4 6.7L Power Stroke Feed Truck. 4.10s, front & rear stabilizer bars, Andersen 3221-TBX
    2021 Thor Chateau 22E Class C (retired) & 1970 Pop-Up Camper (retired - saw much of Western Europe)

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes - Travel Centers of America

Yes, anyone can get a TSD Logistics card.

Use link on first page of this thread. There's a link to the online application on their homepage.

Only requirement is you have to use it in the truck lanes. Won't work in the car lanes.

Mike
    Im Mike Willoughby, and I approve this message.
    2017 Ram 3500 CTD (aka FRAM)
    2019 Grand Design Reflection 367BHS

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes - Travel Centers of America

Yes, anyone can get a TSD Logistics card.

Use link on first page of this thread. There's a link to the online application on their homepage.

Only requirement is you have to use it in the truck lanes. Won't work in the car lanes.

Mike
    Oh now I understand; you can use the TSD Logistics card at TravelCenters of America. Thank you. I thought TravelCenters of America required their own proprietary fuel card.
    Diane and Mike
    2022 280RS. Onan generator, Sumo Springs, MORyde crossmembers, hardwired surge protector
    2015 F-350 DRW 4x4 6.7L Power Stroke Feed Truck. 4.10s, front & rear stabilizer bars, Andersen 3221-TBX
    2021 Thor Chateau 22E Class C (retired) & 1970 Pop-Up Camper (retired - saw much of Western Europe)

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sorry.. didn't pick up on that misunderstanding.

Yeah, I think that's the biggest discount I've gotten with TSD Logistics.

Mike
    Im Mike Willoughby, and I approve this message.
    2017 Ram 3500 CTD (aka FRAM)
    2019 Grand Design Reflection 367BHS

Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike Clay View Post
    Oh now I understand; you can use the TSD Logistics card at TravelCenters of America. Thank you. I thought TravelCenters of America required their own proprietary fuel card.
    Yes, you can use the TSD Logistics card at Many, Many, (almost all) Truck Stops across the nation. Some Truck Stops offer discounts, others you will pay Retail (plus $1.00 service fee), but you can start the Truck Pumps without first going up to the counter and leaving a credit card.

When you get your TSD Logistics card there is an APP that you can download that will locate your truck (actually your phone) and will display all the discounted prices along your route.

We start checking prices along our route when we are just below 1/2 tank and choose our fuel stop based on the lowest fuel price. It is a relatively easy App to use and the good thing is you will see your discount very soon after you leave the pump.
    David and Peggy
    2019 Ford F350 Lariat, 6.7L Diesel, Dually, Long Bed
    Running with 20k Reese Goosebox (Love It) and Ford Factory "Puck" system.
    Stopping with 8,000 lb Disc Brakes and Titan Hydraulic over Electric Brakes system.
    Powering all this fun with 1200 Watts of Solar, two Tesla, Model S, battery modules, 24 volt Victron Inverter.
    2018 Solitude 310 GK

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks a bunch guys. I appreciate your help. I applied for the card and downloaded the app. Just waiting for the card in the mail.
    Diane and Mike

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm a big fan of the TSD card and their discount program. I travel a LOT for my business and so most of the time I'm not pulling the travel trailer. I never fill up in the truck lanes at the beginning or end of the day - that's when truckers are filling up their rigs and I'm not going to be the pip squeak messing up their routine. The only place I've seen that doesn't want empty trucks (no trailer) is a Petro along I-80 in eastern Ohio. But they're a sister truck stop to TA and there's a TA about 8 miles east that doesn't have a problem with my truck using the truck lanes and the prices at those sister truck stops are the same.

There is a fairly large list of truck stops that accept the TSD card, including TA, Petro, Love's, Certified, QuickFuel and others. Ohio and Pennsylvania have seen increases of around 75 to 80 cents over the past 6 months or so - a good price for me at ANY fuel station with whatever discount I can finagle is around $3.30/gallon. But when I get south of Cincinnati it's closer to an even $3.00/gallon with the TSD discount. I'll take that any day.

The TSD card works for me given my circumstances - it may not work all the time for others. As they say, YMMV.

Bob
    2019 Imagine 2400BH
    Progressive Industries Hardwired EMS, RV Airflow, MicroAir EasyStart, MaxxAir Fan
    2021 Ram 1500 Bighorn EcoDiesel CC short bed
    Anderson Weight Distribution Hitch

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JHinAZ View Post
    I wish it was like that in Arizona. Right now the app shows the closest discounted gas to me is Love's in Casa Grande, AZ at $4.17 regular price, $3.89 discounted. The QuickTrip a couple minutes from that Loves' is $3.70. And they're 48 miles from where I am now. The Chevron about 15 minutes away is $3.89.

I'll pay a convenience premium for the truck lane sometimes, but from what I've seen over the last couple months, there is no considerable, if any, savings with the discount card. At least not where I am or have been lately.
    There is another card called Gas Buddy. It works at QT and most other stations. If you are not a member of the Gas Buddy club you save a few cents a gallon. If you join their club you can get a substantial savings, but that requires an upfront payment. I also have a EFS card and a Pilot/Flying J card. One of those cards will usually work. When pulling my trailer I always fill up at the truck lanes if I can. I don't feel comfortable driving around in the passenger car area to fill up pulling my 5th wheel.
    Last edited by Malco1; 11-24-2021 at 03:08 PM.
    Mal & Helen
    With Mitzi our Yorkie
    2021 Solitude 310GK-R
    2020 Reflection 303RLS Sold
    2020 Ford F250 Lariat Super Duty 4WD 6.7 Diesel Short Bed
    B&W Companion Slider
    Amateur Radio Call sign WA2TWA

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not at all. 40+ times in the Truck lanes at the majors and I have found 99% friendly, helpful truckers. My tank is only 50 gallons so the high flow pumps fill quickly. Trucks want to get behind me. I try to be as accommodating as possible.
    Matt
    2021 Momentum 376THS FW
    2020 Ram 3500 HO Cummins DRW LB
    B&W Companion 25K Splendide Washer and Dryer Separate DV6400X

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast