User Tag List

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by gspbrad View Post
    What make if your TV? We bought a new 2022 311BHS. Came with an Insight camera. My TV is a 2022 Silverado. The camera won't work as the new GM config doesn't send enough power through the 7 way plug. I tried a Furrion adapter through Etrailer - doesn't work either. I hooked it up over the weekend with my BIL 2021 F350. Camera fired up and connected.

If your TV is non-GM, once your SSID is picked up by the QR code, go to your WIFI setting and select the Insight camera. Then go back into the app from there. Should work.

TV is a TCL, camera is a insight I was wrong saying a Furrion. I did get it to work on the phone through the app but as soon as I was past the rear trailer tires it looses WiFi signal and doesn’t work so what’s the point of having it connect to an app on your phone when it doesn’t reach in the truck. So how do you have it working through your truck? Can I do that too? How do I do that? Sorry for 100 questions. Haven’t talked to anyone who has this new coach. I have another issue that I’ve been dealing with. We have the residential Furrion fridge. Twice now the contents of fridge have gone all over the coach during transport. Broken glass, liquid, food, hours of clean up while my family is sitting around, than to not be able to get all the broken glass and when slide goes out glass rips floor. This has ruined my new coach. Now my base cabinets on floor have expanded and are peeling. It’s a mess. The design of the fridge and massive gap around fridge is ridiculously poor. The fridge wobbles and shakes all over the place. It is only secured by two pieces of small wood stripping and a couple of screws. And I payed more money for this coach than the next one for the crap fridge design. I walked a Solitude and they have a Samsung fridge that would be in your house built into the coach, secured and not going anywhere. I should have spent another 10k and got a Solitude. Not happy at all with this coach and dealer said if I trade it in I’ll only get 60k for it. That’s a 30k loss in 4 months of owning it. Have you had any issues or thoughts in this? Thanks again for reading my rant.
    The Chase Family
    2022 GD Reflection 311BHS
    2019 F350 Lariet SRW Oil Burner
    U.S. Army (2002-Present)

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by gspbrad View Post
    What make if your TV? We bought a new 2022 311BHS. Came with an Insight camera. My TV is a 2022 Silverado. The camera won't work as the new GM config doesn't send enough power through the 7 way plug. I tried a Furrion adapter through Etrailer - doesn't work either. I hooked it up over the weekend with my BIL 2021 F350. Camera fired up and connected.

If your TV is non-GM, once your SSID is picked up by the QR code, go to your WIFI setting and select the Insight camera. Then go back into the app from there. Should work.
    The camera "worked" with my 2017 Silverado 2500 HD. The app wouldn't scan the code so I had to enter the SSID manually. Note that the SSID is the word "INSIGHT" followed by an underscore "_" followed by 6 additional characters (something like INSIGHT_A123A1). The app did find my device but wouldn't stay connected. I "solved" that by disconnecting from all other wifi sources, and adding the same SSID as a recognized source to my device. With that, the CompassConnect app would stay connected even in the cab of the TV. Not a great picture, I'll report more when I'm able to test it for backing.
    Stephen and Judy
    2022 Reflection 150 Series 260RD (Stella)
    2017 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD (Blue)
    Traded - 2018 Forest River Rockwood Minilite 2104S

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have spent a lot of time attempting to connect the camera and troubleshooting the issue making certain every detail/requirement from the instructions are met. I keep getting an error when attempting to connect to Camera, I am not receiving the screen asking to connect mobile device to temporary Wi-fi network/camera; instead I get an ‘error’ message.
    Seems like the camera wifi is not turning on; the running lights are turned on by placing a fuse between pin 1 and 2 of the socket. The instructions just say the running lights need to be on and they are. Does the RV need to be plugged into the truck?

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ArmyManNY29 View Post
    ... I have another issue that I’ve been dealing with. We have the residential Furrion fridge. Twice now the contents of fridge have gone all over the coach during transport. Broken glass, liquid, food, hours of clean up while my family is sitting around, than to not be able to get all the broken glass and when slide goes out glass rips floor. This has ruined my new coach. Now my base cabinets on floor have expanded and are peeling. It’s a mess. The design of the fridge and massive gap around fridge is ridiculously poor. The fridge wobbles and shakes all over the place. It is only secured by two pieces of small wood stripping and a couple of screws. And I payed more money for this coach than the next one for the crap fridge design. I walked a Solitude and they have a Samsung fridge that would be in your house built into the coach, secured and not going anywhere. I should have spent another 10k and got a Solitude. Not happy at all with this coach and dealer said if I trade it in I’ll only get 60k for it. That’s a 30k loss in 4 months of owning it. Have you had any issues or thoughts in this? Thanks again for reading my rant.
    We just took ours out for the first time last weekend and the 12v 16cf Furrion allowed items to escape from inside for us too. It is a side by side and it came with this channel shapped piece of plastic that I thought was only for keeping the doors from shutting when it was off. Today I discovered the channel fits across the top of both doors acting as a lock. Now I will not say that I trust it yet because we haven't tried it. I will say that my computer backpack sitting on the floor in front of the fridge has helped as well. We'll know more after this weekend. Good luck @ArmyManNY29...

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Capn_AJ5 View Post
    I have spent a lot of time attempting to connect the camera and troubleshooting the issue making certain every detail/requirement from the instructions are met. I keep getting an error when attempting to connect to Camera, I am not receiving the screen asking to connect mobile device to temporary Wi-fi network/camera; instead I get an ‘error’ message.
    Seems like the camera wifi is not turning on; the running lights are turned on by placing a fuse between pin 1 and 2 of the socket. The instructions just say the running lights need to be on and they are. Does the RV need to be plugged into the truck?
    It is much easier to pair the camera before installing it, that is why there is a pigtail on the end of the cigarette lighter cable that comes with monitor. Assuming it is a Furion camera. There is a button that you have to push on the camera and then you have about 30 seconds to pair. Also check that the light is on at the camera, indicating power.
    Mal & Helen
    With Mitzi our Yorkie
    2021 Solitude 310GK-R
    2020 Reflection 303RLS Sold
    2020 Ford F250 Lariat Super Duty 4WD 6.7 Diesel Short Bed
    B&W Companion Slider
    Amateur Radio Call sign WA2TWA

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We have a 2022 150 Reflection 260RD and it came with the Insight camera. The instructions do not mention anything about a button on the camera (unless I missed it, will look at that). I guess the next thing I'll try is hooking up to the truck.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Grand Design Back Up Camera - I GIVE UP!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Capn_AJ5 View Post
    So I give up. When I picked up the trailer no one could get it to work. The service 'manager' even replaced it with a new one. 45 minutes later all I get from the app is "Compass Connect was not able to connect......" First you have to turn on power, then you get an error that you are in Driving Mode and you have to turn on the interior lights to bypass this to continue. The instructions that came with my trailer said that the first time I connected I did not need the password but all the online videos say to enter it. NONE of it works. Also, my mobile app looks very different from the app in all the videos I can find.

I've sent an email to the dealer asking for a refund for the cost of the camera and then I will see if I can find one that does work. Any suggestions?

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Malco1 View Post
    It is much easier to pair the camera before installing it, that is why there is a pigtail on the end of the cigarette lighter cable that comes with monitor. Assuming it is a Furion camera. There is a button that you have to push on the camera and then you have about 30 seconds to pair. Also check that the light is on at the camera, indicating power.
    Camera has no button and no light. One of the service 'techs' (who knew absolutely nothing about anything on my rig) said it needed to have a blue light on. The service 'manager' climbed up a ladder and said this camera had no light.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ocbizman1 View Post
    So I give up. When I picked up the trailer no one could get it to work. The service 'manager' even replaced it with a new one. 45 minutes later all I get from the app is "Compass Connect was not able to connect......" First you have to turn on power, then you get an error that you are in Driving Mode and you have to turn on the interior lights to bypass this to continue. The instructions that came with my trailer said that the first time I connected I did not need the password but all the online videos say to enter it. NONE of it works. Also, my mobile app looks very different from the app in all the videos I can find.

I've sent an email to the dealer asking for a refund for the cost of the camera and then I will see if I can find one that does work. Any suggestions?
    Yeah, if you have the Insight camera from Lippert, very few have been able to get it to work wirelessly (you do need to have the running lights on). Lippert does have a wired monitor for it, I don't have any experience with it but some on the forum have found that the camera works acceptably with the wired monitor. For my coach, I've mounted the AMTIFO camera (https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B078PDH6Z8) which works way better than the Insight at a very reasonable cost.
    Stephen and Judy
    2022 Reflection 150 Series 260RD (Stella)
    2017 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD (Blue)
    Traded - 2018 Forest River Rockwood Minilite 2104S

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Soundsailor View Post
    Yeah, if you have the Insight camera from Lippert, very few have been able to get it to work wirelessly (you do need to have the running lights on). Lippert does have a wired monitor for it, I don't have any experience with it but some on the forum have found that the camera works acceptably with the wired monitor. For my coach, I've mounted the AMTIFO camera (https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B078PDH6Z8) which works way better than the Insight at a very reasonable cost.
    So this is annoying. I'm out in the driveway trying to work on this camera and my laptop disconnects from the house wifi. When I did I noticed that the name of my camera was listed as a wifi network. So I connected my phone to it and went thru all the steps again and the stupid thing connected. SO, the ONLY way that the back up camera works is IF: 1) The 7-pin is connected between truck and RV. 2)My headlights are on. 3)I stop what I'm doing and manually connect my phone to the camera wifi network. EACH TIME. NO WHERE..... NO WHERE in ANY of the instructions provided by the manufacturer or dealer does it say that "connecting wifi" means your phone to the camera network. It just says; "wifi must be connected". It would be a huge help if someone would have specified that SMALL detail!!! Given the difficulty, I will probably invest in a wireless dedicated back up monitor for my truck.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast