User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

OK, maybe odd but Artillery Fungus and RVs/TVs?

Well, I would never have believed this having had bark mulch near the driveway for years. But my truck is white (as is one of my boys cars) and they are covered with these raised dots this year. So, since the new Solitude is white, has anyone experienced this on their RV/TV? According to Penn State, it attracts itself to lighter colored vehicles. I have not found a non-abrasive way to get this stuff off my truck. Needless to say, the RV won't be parked near any mulch. Has anyone else experienced this?

https://extension.psu.edu/artillery-...g-and-vehicles
    Robin & John
    2020 Ram 3500 LB SRW 4WD Crew Laramie 6.7HO Aisin, 55gal Titan 4014 payload
    2022 Solitude 310GK-R - Dual pane, factory solar & Onan, 8K axles with discs, 18K GVWR, W/D, Heat Pump, Goosebox, Battleborn

2023 stays

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We get something similar to this on our boats gel coat while parked on boat lifts on our dock over the winter months. Usually, a little goof-off or tar remover takes it off without any damage to the gel coat or decals.
    Jim and Annette
    2019 Reflection 150 295RL
    US Army Veteran
    Missouri (AKA Misery)

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by trailrydr View Post
    We get something similar to this on our boats gel coat while parked on boat lifts on our dock over the winter months. Usually, a little goof-off or tar remover takes it off without any damage to the gel coat or decals.
    Once again the forum comes through. I tried the goof off approach. Works very well. I applied I drop to each spot using a tip, let it soften then scraped. Requires some scraping to remove the residue. I gently used a putty knife. No visible scratches but a plastic scraper would be good. Very tedious as rack spot requires several seconds of scraping to remove the residue.
    Last edited by Neal Westendorf; 03-29-2022 at 03:18 PM.
    2017 Silverado 2500 HD Duramax/Allison
    2018 Solitude 310 GKR