Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Imagine 2950RL

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Imagine 2950RL

I'm new to RV's and I just bought a 2017 2950RL. Where I'm camping this weekend only has 110 outlets. A friend with an different brand RV told me I could use a basic extension cord and should be able to use everything except the A/C. Is that correct? Thanks!

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have run everything in my rig from a 20A outlet. You may have to run the water heater on gas if you're using other high current items like a Keurig, microwave, hair dryer, etc. I can even run my one A/C alone just fine.
    Mike & (RIP Karen)
    2021 Imagine 2600RB
    2011 Toyota Tundra 5.7 RW, Tow Package
    Husky Centerline WDH
    Champion 2500DF, Prodigy P2

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We've done it many times. You'll need an adapter to go from 15a to either 30 or 50 depending on what you have. You'll need to run the water heater and fridge on propane. Its all about power management. You can use the furnace with something else as long as it's not a heavy load like ceiling lights and TV. When we brew our coffee in our Keurig, we turn everything else off (except for w/h and fridge since they're on propane). I'm able to run our Coleman 15 on 15amp at home as long as it's strictly just that and the battery is fully charged.

Sent from my SM-P610 using Tapatalk
    Steph & Lise
    2019 F150 Lariat 2.7 EB
    2020 Imagine XLS 22MLE

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Again, I know nothing about RV's since I've only owned one for a few weeks. There is a basic 110 outlet at the camp site. Do I need some type of converter like the guy above mentioned?

So I plug a regular extension cord into the 110 power source and then where do I plug into the RV? Is there an outlet in the RV near the water hookup in the passthrough area? Do the fridge and water heater automatically run on propane or do I need to do something different?

Thanks in advance and sorry for all the novice questions.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TXshooter3 View Post
    Again, I know nothing about RV's since I've only owned one for a few weeks. There is a basic 110 outlet at the camp site. Do I need some type of converter like the guy above mentioned?

So I plug a regular extension cord into the 110 power source and then where do I plug into the RV? Is there an outlet in the RV near the water hookup in the passthrough area? Do the fridge and water heater automatically run on propane or do I need to do something different?

Thanks in advance and sorry for all the novice questions.
    Not knowing what rig you have makes it a little harder to help you. I suggest creating a signature with your rig and tow vehicle. That way you don't have to repeat the info. Also, using the reply with quote helps us understand who you are replying to like I just did. [emoji6]
    You might not need a regular extension. You'll be using your RV cord. So plug your RV cord in your rig as would normally do. Then use either a 50 to 30amp RV dog bone, then a 30amp to 15amp adapter or dog bone. Then you plug it in that 110v camp site power source. If your rig only has 30amp then you can skip the 50a to 30a dog bone.
    Plug connectors (12INCH 30A MALE TO 50A FEMALE 10/3 STW) https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B07ST5HN59/...ing=UTF8&psc=1
    OPL5 15Amp Male to 30 Amp Female RV Adapter Electrical Converter 15M 30F Heavy Duty Cord Cable with Handle12 inch Power Connector (15A Male to 30A Female) CA https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B089W1JL1X/...A2ZK80C9017RPV
    30M/15F Amp Power Grip Adapter https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B00192QB3I/...ing=UTF8&psc=1
    Here's a few examples

Steph & Lise
    2019 F150 Lariat 2.7 EB
    2020 Imagine XLS 22MLE

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ynot4me2 View Post
    Not knowing what rig you have makes it a little harder to help you. I suggest creating a signature with your rig and tow vehicle. That way you don't have to repeat the info. Also, using the reply with quote helps us understand who you are replying to like I just did. [emoji6]
    You might not need a regular extension. You'll be using your RV cord. So plug your RV cord in your rig as would normally do. Then use either a 50 to 30amp RV dog bone, then a 30amp to 15amp adapter or dog bone. Then you plug it in that 110v camp site power source. If your rig only has 30amp then you can skip the 50a to 30a dog bone.
    Plug connectors (12INCH 30A MALE TO 50A FEMALE 10/3 STW) https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B07ST5HN59/...ing=UTF8&psc=1
    OPL5 15Amp Male to 30 Amp Female RV Adapter Electrical Converter 15M 30F Heavy Duty Cord Cable with Handle12 inch Power Connector (15A Male to 30A Female) CA https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B089W1JL1X/...A2ZK80C9017RPV
    30M/15F Amp Power Grip Adapter https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B00192QB3I/...ing=UTF8&psc=1
    Here's a few examples

Perfect. Thanks for the help. BTW - It's an Imagine 2950RL like I mentioned in the first post, but I'll add that to my signature so people don't have to search for it.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You select the water heater power source on the panel in front of the door.

You select the refrigerator power source on the refrigerator, at the top, where you turn it on and set the thermostat.

If you have any questions about that rig, holler!

I have the same rig, one year younger.

Welcome to the nuthouse!
    2023 Reflection 315RLTS
    2017 Ford F-350 Crew Cab Short Bed SRW, 6.7L Diesel
    Hensley Swift Arrow