User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Dish install

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by the old one View Post
    I'm having dish comming to install their system this week. On the 381M is there a place where the wire would come through the roof. I seem to remember seeing a photo but not sure where it ends up from the roof.
    Any update? Did they show up and if so what did they install?

We had dish originally installed in our main house. When we bought a cabin in remote Florida, Dish came out and installed an outdoor fixed antenna and wired the cabin for 3 dish receivers for free. We take our Hopper DVR and 2 Joey receivers with us when we go back and forth. We’ve been doing this for 3 years now without any issues.

In the RV we purchased 2 Wally receivers and a Winguard Pathway X2. We set the Pathway outside and connect the Wally’s in the RV. Then we call Dish Outdoors and they activate the Wally’s for $5/month each. When we are done camping we call them to turn off the $5 receivers.

Here’s the fixed antenna they installed at the cabin.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 9FF922AB-DAB0-48B8-A6F3-EBFB95AE74EA.jpeg   D3D15888-2D72-4E85-A054-7FEE84C3CFFF.jpeg  
    Last edited by Jerryr; 11-27-2021 at 09:26 AM.
    Jerry & Linda
    Emma & Abby our Mini Golden Doodles & JR our Amazon Parrot
    2017 Reflection 337RLS, Build Date 01/2017, Titan Disk Brakes, Goodyear G614s 235/85/16 G Rated tires
    2022 F-450 King Ranch Ultimate, 4,868 lb Payload, Bedrug Bedliner, Andersen Ultimate II Aluminum 5th wheel hitch
    http://visitedstatesmap.com/image/FLGANCSCsm.jpg

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gregory View Post
    This might help some that have Dish at home and would also like to have the Dish setup on the road while traveling. Dish has a system that is called Dish Anywhere that you can download onto you tv and you can get the same exact channels as you are receiving at your house. The good thing about it is that you do not have to set up a dish or sight anything in and there also is no added cost for this service. Your receiver at home must be hooked up to the internet and you have to have wifi where your trailer is at. I have a Amazon FireStick that I run it through in my trailer and so just use it for the signal and use the FireStick remote whenever I want to watch tv. You get all the channels you have paid for and also get all of your recordings also. Check it out...
    We very rarely have enough signal anywhere to be able to stream much. I'm out in the PNW where towers are further apart and we boondock 50% of the time. It's sat for us or nothing except lousy limited cable TV.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We have Dish at home and Dish anywhere. We also seem to camp where there is poor or zero internet. Sometimes its the opposite when we are in trees or in deep valleys. The wife is handicapped and wants TV ... Unfortunately, Dish will not allow us to add Dish Outdoors onto our home account since we have a Hopper 3 (Winegard roof antennae). Dish only allows one Hopper 3 (sometimes they say it's an accounting issue - sometimes it's a technical issue). We would have to swap Hoppers but I would then have to rewire the roof antennae and lose the Hopper 3 capabilities when using satellite. Sorta stupid but it is what it is...

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just installed a Wally and a Playmaker antenna. I purchased the hard mounts [to attach to the roof] as well as a tripod. Using the tripod for now. Hard mount does offer some advantages since I would not have to take up storage space. It may have reception issues if there are trees around. I mounted the Wally behind the front main TV.

Our first time out was great. We were on the beach so reception was not a problem. I too have Dish at home [close to 30 years now] and for $5 or less [It's prorated. If you start at the middle of the month and cancel it before the end, it would be around $2.50] it's a pretty good deal.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12