User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dish install

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dish install

I'm having dish comming to install their system this week. On the 381M is there a place where the wire would come through the roof. I seem to remember seeing a photo but not sure where it ends up from the roof.
    Retired Hypnotist after 40 years.
    2021 Momentum 381M-R
    15 Foot garage
    Three air conditions
    Tow vehicle 2019 Ram Heavy Duty 4 X 4 Dually
    Going full time by December 2021
    Left Missouri in 2016 moved to Florida

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by the old one View Post
    I'm having dish comming to install their system this week. On the 381M is there a place where the wire would come through the roof. I seem to remember seeing a photo but not sure where it ends up from the roof.
    What are they installing?
    2021 398M Full Body Paint 8k axles. LRH tires. Disc brakes.
    Two bathrooms, no waiting 155 fresh, 104 black, 104 grey 1860 watts solar.
    800AH BattleBorn Batteries No campgrounds 100% boondocking
    2020 Silverado High Country 3500 dually crewcab Duramax Allison

Mentioned
    187 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'd also like to know what they are installing. If it's the Winegard Trav'ler, I wouldn't trust a Dish technician to do it - that's a job for someone who knows RVs.

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    On my 381M the access point is in the front pass through area. If you open the door to the pass through on the passenger side there should be a sticker on the ceiling of the pass through that indicates the opening for the cable from the roof. If you don't have that sticker I can takes pictures of my installation.

To run the cable I removed the cover on the RV roof and used the conduit that runs from the roof to the access point in the pass through to get the cable into the pass through. Once there it was easy to connect the cable to the satellite input.

Ring makes a nice cover for the access point on the roof. I recommend you use that as it helps seal around the cable where it enters the roof.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'll be sure to post how the install turnes out. We've had Dish for many years in our homes. I was told to bring our remotes and recievers. They would have the rest of the items. Approxcimate install time quoted at 2 to 4 hours. Thjey are comming out either Tuesday or Wednesday.
    2021 Momentum 381M-R
    15 Foot garage
    Three air conditions

Mentioned
    187 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by the old one View Post
    I'll be sure to post how the install turnes out. We've had Dish for many years in our homes. I was told to bring our remotes and recievers. They would have the rest of the items. Approxcimate install time quoted at 2 to 4 hours. Thjey are comming out either Tuesday or Wednesday.
    You may want to triple-check with them. When Dish sends installers out to do what you're describing, they usually come with a fixed dish setup and a tripod. With them telling you to bring your equipment from the house, I would be highly suspicious.

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Second Chance View Post
    You may want to triple-check with them. When Dish sends installers out to do what you're describing, they usually come with a fixed dish setup and a tripod. With them telling you to bring your equipment from the house, I would be highly suspicious.

Rob
    Thanks Rob, this would not be the first time that I didn't understand. They are set to come out this Wednesday. I hope all goes well. I have really good wifi at the campsite that I'm at, but we also wanted Dish.
    2021 Momentum 381M-R
    15 Foot garage
    Three air conditions

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I agree with Rob, something sounds suspicious. I have Dish in both my house and my RV and the equipment is very different for the two installations.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I suppose the question is - is OP in a permanent site?

We have DISH at home and we just had to get another receiver to put in our fifth wheel when we added it.

2017 Reflection 26RL "Mili"
    2016 Ford F250 Extended Cab Gas Engine "Buck" (the truck)

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This might help some that have Dish at home and would also like to have the Dish setup on the road while traveling. Dish has a system that is called Dish Anywhere that you can download onto you tv and you can get the same exact channels as you are receiving at your house. The good thing about it is that you do not have to set up a dish or sight anything in and there also is no added cost for this service. Your receiver at home must be hooked up to the internet and you have to have wifi where your trailer is at. I have a Amazon FireStick that I run it through in my trailer and so just use it for the signal and use the FireStick remote whenever I want to watch tv. You get all the channels you have paid for and also get all of your recordings also. Check it out...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast