User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Mentioned
    191 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Our 2020 Solitude came with the standard, worthless Jensen unit and $1 speakers. We have a Polk Audio sound bar with subwoofer that we use, anyway, so have never turned on the OEM system. All sources (Wally for satellite, DVD/Blu-ray player) run to the TV via HDMI and then to the sound bar via digital optical link. All this is controlled by a Logitech Harmony remote.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20200315_102847 (Small).jpg 
Views:	42 
Size:	46.7 KB 
ID:	37841

Rob

Edit/PS: I'm a "retired" bass player and the system in the house - when we owned one - included transmission line speakers and class D power amps. The setup above has to be pretty good to satisfy me!
    Last edited by Second Chance; 11-22-2021 at 08:59 AM.
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Second Chance View Post
    Edit/PS: I'm a "retired" bass player and the system in the house - when we owned one - included transmission line speakers and class D power amps. The setup above has to be pretty good to satisfy me!
    Our last house - before we sold and went FT - had a media room with some serious wiring and components… I wasn’t satisfied with what the builder could/would do in the wiring department so I had conduit installed and ran my own. I’m no audiophile but I know how to put together a whole-house system with decent wiring, amps, speakers, etc. Pretty confident I could upgrade the base system for less than $1k and put the RF system to shame.

Unchecking the audio upgrade box on the order sheet!
    2021 Momentum 350G
    2020 F250 6.7 Powerstroke HCTP
    2020 Harley Road Glide
    2020 Harley Road King

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I to have a Furion @%*÷< but am considering upgrading, more for video than audio. Suggestions?
    Rick

2019 Reflection 150 273MK
    2015 Ford F350 CC SB Lariat Powerstroke
    PullRite Superglide

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RickLight View Post
    I to have a Furion @%*÷< but am considering upgrading, more for video than audio. Suggestions?
    Get a high quality Blu Ray DVD player and sound bar.

Good quality sound bar will let you link to any Bluetooth device and stream music too.
    2019 GMC 3500 SRW Sierra Denali Duramax
    2020 Reflection 315RLTS

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Believe it or not
    I use the radio!
    Rick

2019 Reflection 150 273MK
    2015 Ford F350 CC SB Lariat Powerstroke
    PullRite Superglide

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Our 8-month old new-to-us 2016 Solitude 379FL came with a complete Furrion entertainment system in the front living room. The very first time we turned the system on the day we brought home I could obviously tell that the speakers were not connected correctly. one channel was "out of phase", meaning that on one side had the wires were connected backwards. In a stereo system all of the speakers should be driving in the same direction at the same time. when phased backwards one side is pushing the speaker cones when the other side is pulling them. This makes the speakers sound hollow with no bass...It makes voices sound like everyone has their hands in front of their mouths...

I found that one of the speaker cabinets had wires swapped while the receiver unit also had one channel connected to the wrong wires. After al of this was fixed, I found that the sound was, as mentioned here, crappy!

What I did was to unsure that the sub woofer was properly connected, and set the audio output so that the "loud" was on, and that the EQ was set to "classical". Now, the system sounds very respectable, but we have to keep it down so the rangers will stop knocking on our door...

To confirm what everyone else says...the remotes are completely useless unless you are standing with the remote over your head and <3 feet from the unit!
    Frank and Char + Maya, Newport, Michigan. 2016 Solitude 379FL/2006 F250 6.0 diesel w/dually conversion. 4th rain-sense roof vent, two ceiling fans, Kodiak disc brakes, Carlisle G 14-ply tires, Water Miser x2, final dump valve, water header tank, fridge cond fan switch, outside range exhaust, elec hot water anode, filtered drinking water, triple battery box,

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RickLight View Post
    Believe it or not
    I use the radio!
    Understood, and respect.

Check this out before you spend oodles of money.

Maybe this will work…

https://www.mamp.info/receiver/en/

Thanks,
    Bill
    2019 GMC 3500 SRW Sierra Denali Duramax
    2020 Reflection 315RLTS

Setting Up Camp
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Our Solitude 310GK came with a Jensen JWM70A. Junk. GD warranty replaced it and speakers. But, the new items had the same problems, remote often doesn't work, unable to pair phone to Jenson with bluetooth, speakers over TV vibrate with a noisy rattle whenever there is a bass sound. We use it primarily for DVDs. I just ordered a mini DVD player and will use it instead of the Jensen. Maybe Jensen is no longer the standard option. I would first use the standard audio system before going with an upgrade.
    2020 Solitude 310GK Fifth Wheel
    2018 RAM 2500 Laramie Crew Cab 4X2 6'4" BOX 6.7–Liter I6 Cummins Turbo Diesel
    Andersen 3220 Ultimate 5th Wheel Connection - Gooseneck Mount Firestone 2598 Air Bags

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    RV stereos are hot garbage. I'd rather they not even install them. Especially the outdoor speakers. I have a $130 JBL Flip 5 bluetooth speaker that's about the size of a beer can and sounds better than the crap they install. We bought a $79 blu ray player that lives in the trailer along with about a dozen movies found in the bargain bin that the kids can watch on a rainy day. We had to go that route because the installed furrion in our rockwood wouldn't read them.

The "mandatory" $700 "upgrade" for the rockford sub and speakers in the 29G we are looking at ordering is a joke. The sub is above the fridge. I'd rather put the $700 towards a couple maxxair deluxe vents in the roof. Those would get used.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm a little surprised at the negativity I've heard toward the RF system on this forum (this thread and elsewhere). How are those unhappy with it using it such that it's limitations & compromises are exposed?

Is it because of poor performance at the higher end of volume?? If so, where can you crank it up like that? The only place I've found is at my RV storage facility when nobody else is there. I can't even come close to pushing the limit at any park I've been to without being a jerk. Even in boondocking areas, 60% volume is enough to hear it from quite a distance.

If it's a fidelity issue, wouldn't the interior acoustic environment of the trailer (windows, furniture, fiberboard walls, cabinet doors, roof vents, etc.) need upgrading or isolation? It seems a sound source of 1.4Mbps or better would be a requirement too, right? So that means only locally stored sound source data??

I agree that it's overpriced as an option, but garbage, junk, etc. seems a little strong.

I'm happy with the RF system in the environments were I use my Momentum. I'll spend the $$$ for the sound system in my tow vehicle instead.
    Last edited by jjbbrewer; 12-05-2021 at 06:48 AM.
    signature

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12