Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Why ads?

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Why ads?

Hi I don't remember seeing any ads on the forum until just recently! Can anyone tell me why and when this started. I am not a fan of ads, maybe I haven't been paying close enough attention! Thanks Mike
    2021 Reflection 337rls Ford f350 4x4 6.7 Powerstroke 6.75 ft bed Pullrite Superlite 20k

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikey1 View Post
    Hi I don't remember seeing any ads on the forum until just recently! Can anyone tell me why and when this started. I am not a fan of ads, maybe I haven't been paying close enough attention! Thanks Mike
    I'm not an admin, but I can assure you, it's just like anything else. Any time someone can monetize something to flow cash, they will. Facebook has become add ridden to the extent it's almost every five post is now an add. I report them all as spam or something. In America, we are advertised to more than any other culture. Everything we see during the day has adds. Billboards, forums, unwanted phone calls, banners at stock shows, sponsors for little league, it NEVER ends. Makes me sick honestly and quite mad.

Numerous diesel forums have been sold off and ads took over. They are all dead now.

I researched B&W tow and stow a week ago...guess what is in the right hand column right now? Yup.
    2021 Reflection 367BHS
    2009 Dodge 3500 4x4 Longbed MegaCab
    Electrical Engineer/Musician/Rancher
    Habbitial facebook jail inmate and soon to be banned from here

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Read this notice that was posted a while back

https://www.mygrandrv.com/forum/show...right-side-bar
    Marcy & Gary
    2014 Grand Design - Reflection 303RLS
    2022 GMC 3500 Denali Duramax Longbed SRW
    2015 GMC Denali 3500 - Retired
    2003 F350 - retired
    Michigan
    We're in trouble now, the dog are bloggin'!
    https://3dogsandatrailer.wordpress.com/

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Site Sponsors should not be seeing ads. From what I can tell you are a site sponsor.

Please let us know where you see the ads and we'll get the admin involved to see if things are working correctly for you or not.

You'll still see the right hand bar with recent or trending threads, but I don't think you be seeing ads.
    Larry KE4DMG
    2022 F-350 KRU SRW LB - Airlift 5000+, ForScan, 37 RDS Aux Tank,
    2019 310GK-R - Sailuns; MorRyde IS; Disc Brakes; 20K Reese Goosebox
    Search kalakamods for my mods

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Folks, no matter what browser you use you need to:
    1. Download and use an adblocker. I use AdGuard
    2. Use DuckDuckGo for searching instead of Google and add DuckDuckGo Privacy essentials.
    3. Add Privacy Badger to eliminate tracking software.

These three things alone will make all that crap go away when you want it. And IF you really want privacy, set up a VPN. Virtual Private Network.
    Doug, Patti and our puppy Leo are from upstate NY.
    Imagine 2019 XLS 18RBE
    2021 Ram 1500 EcoDiesel

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi thankyou for the information! As I said previous the ads were only when I epened my email to look at new posts, not when I am logged in. My mistake. I use duck duck go, some times when logging in it will not work. I have to go to Chrome. Still trying to figure it out.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Internet Privacy Protections on a Android Phone

Hi thankyou for the information! As I said previous the ads were only when I opened my email to look at new posts, not when I am logged in. My mistake. I use duck duck go, some times when logging in it will not work. I have to go to Chrome. Still trying to figure it out.
    Google Chrome itself is problematic without the browser extensions I mentioned.So while you can defend against them on your Windows or Apple PC or tablet and even on a Chrome computer, there is little that you can do with the Chrome browser on an Android phone, since Google does not allow these privacy extensions to work on phone devices.
    Doug, Patti and our puppy Leo are from upstate NY.
    Imagine 2019 XLS 18RBE
    2021 Ram 1500 EcoDiesel