User Tag List

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Need help fixing a hole in the floor

A 3/4” tall x 1 3/4” wide round glass candle holder fell under the slide out while underway. When we arrived at our campsite, we opened the slide out not realizing the circular candle holder was under the slide out. The weight of the slide out crushed and punched a hole through the floor with the glass candle holder. I dugout out the remaining crushed glass, laminate, and styrofoam from the hole.

Any tip, trick, or recommendations on how best to fix this hole would be greatly appreciated. Photos attached.

Thx,

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	AEC248FA-1C87-4B6B-8BC3-919662E2282C.jpeg 
Views:	26 
Size:	878.0 KB 
ID:	37842 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	13ED9C60-40E2-49E0-9C8B-65D2975467F3.jpeg 
Views:	24 
Size:	909.9 KB 
ID:	37843 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	0CFDA6C9-3CE5-4270-BAE5-E6749C0972C2.jpeg 
Views:	25 
Size:	775.8 KB 
ID:	37844
    Kevin & May - Baltimore, MD
    2018 Ford F-250 Platinum FX4 Diesel
    2019 Grand Design, Reflection 297RSTS
    2016 CVO Harley Davidson, Road Glide Ultra

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As much as I hate to say it (I am a confirmed DIYer) I think this is a job for a pro. Dealers usually have someone that specializes in such repairs,

Other than that.... Perhaps a nice throw rug?
    2021 398M Full Body Paint 8k axles. LRH tires. Disc brakes.
    Two bathrooms, no waiting 155 fresh, 104 black, 104 grey 1860 watts solar.
    800AH BattleBorn Batteries No campgrounds 100% boondocking
    2020 Silverado High Country 3500 dually crewcab Duramax Allison

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by huntindog View Post
    As much as I hate to say it (I am a confirmed DIYer) I think this is a job for a pro. Dealers usually have someone that specializes in such repairs,

Other than that.... Perhaps a nice throw rug?
    I agree. A pro can make it look like it never happened. I can tackle most things with any of my stuff. Fixing something like that would be a tough one. Although you might be able to make a wooden "plug" to fit the hole and stain it pretty close, then use some kind of styrofoam friendly adhesive to hold it in place. It would probably always be noticeable though.
    Bob (retired) & Vicki
    Scuba Diver
    US ARMY Vet (Go Cav!)
    2019 Reflection 31MB
    2019 Chevy 2500HD LT Crew Cab Gasser

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh, that is such a disappointment, and right in the middle of the room! A couple of thoughts, if you are a DIYer you could tackle it yourself depending on how much of a perfectionist you are. Could certainly give it a try before paying someone else. Or, just call in the pro's if you don't want to deal with it.

To try yourself, get a hole saw and cut a circular piece of rigid insulation and a piece of plywood (same thickness as the existing). Make them large enough to be a tight fit in the hole. Use good adhesive and fill in the hole. Find an area where you can use the plywood piece to cut a piece of flooring out trying to match the spot you're replacing as best you can. I'm thinking from under a kitchen or bathroom cabinet, under a dinette seat, etc. If you take your time you could probably get a pretty decent repair. If it doesn't turn out, you can always grab a throw rug as huntindog suggested. Best of luck!
    Chad
    2023 23LDE 965W Solar, Victron Multiplus, Solar Controllers, Cerbo GX, 4x280AH DIY Lithium Batteries, SeeLevel Tank Monitoring, Shock Absorbers (Replaced 2022 22MLE)
    2022 F350 6.7L Superduty, Carbonized Gray, Ultimate Lariat Pkg, 4WD, Crew Cab, 160" Wheelbase, 3.55EL Rear End, 3566# Payload
    Adaptive Steering, Ultimate Camera Pkg, 20" Wheels, 397 Amp Dual Alternator, ARE Topper (Replaced 2004 F150)