User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Had a very trust-worthy RV repair guy come out. He showed me the brake switch and what too look for. Charged me only gas for coming out.

Thanks everyone!

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimbo58 View Post
    He showed me the brake switch and what too look for.
    That's great that it's fixed. Can you share what you learned?
    signature

Mentioned
    135 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoopy Frood View Post
    This is true, but there are two separate controls working in conjunction with that button: one for the motor and one for the brake. If the brake stays energized, it won't work to stop the motor. However I don't think that's the problem, I think the brake itself is malfunctioning, maybe a broken spring, jammed or something.
    I'm not sure where you are coming up with it having two separate controls....one for the motor, and one for the brake. Yes, there are a set of leads for the motor, and a set of leads for the brake, but according to the wiring diagram, there is only one relay in the control box. The relay may (probably) has two sets of contacts...one set for the motor, and one set for the brake. So to me, that means basically one control relay for the operation of the motor and the brake.
    2016 F350 CrewCab Dually
    2018 Momentum 394M...Heavily Modded!
    2023 Suzuki GSX-S1000 GT+
    Excessive Payload is a Wonderful Thing

"If it ain't fast....It ain't Fun"

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I probably phrased it poorly, but there is one button that raises and lowers the bunks, but that button controls several circuits, all of which have to work in conjunction for the beds to lower and raise. If any are not correct, the beds won't move. There's the Upper Limit switch, Lower Limit switch, motor power circuit, brake power circuit. There's a tri-state relay in the control box, but there does have to be power to the brake and the motor for the beds to move, if the brake is working as it should.

Sorry, sometimes I'm not very clear, even to my ownself. We did extensive trouble shooting when we bought our 2019 Momentum because the bunks would not rise. It took a while, but we finally found one of the wires in the "telephone cable" RJ-11 com cable which connect the UP/DOWN button on the wall and the control box was not passing a signal. Supposedly it had been working, and now it wasn't. Had to run a whole new length of RJ-11 com cable to get things operating correctly. What a pain. We ended up with a completely new control box and Upper Limit switch, courtesy of Grand Design. Neither fixed the problem.
    Howard and Peggy
    2019 Momentum 351M, and 2018 RAM Cummins dually 6-speed.
    His: 1999 Honda Interceptor
    Hers: 2013 Spyder ST-S

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I haven't had this happen, but have always been worried about it, since my wife's motorcycle/sidecar rides in the garage. One of the first mods I made is to put the bunks all the way up, and add extra holes in the vertical rails for additional cotter pins. I highly recommend this. The ones closest to the house, I have a full hole all the way through. The back ones only have one hole, and the cotter pin just kind of sits in there, sloping down against the chain. That was only because I wasn't able (at the time? at all, because of doors?) to get the hole in the backside. I didn't want to nick the chain at all, but what I have serves its purpose. If you ever have that big hex rod that goes left to right (to raise the other side's chain) slip out, you'll wish you had added those extra holes and cotter pins.
    2018 GD Momentum 399TH • 2019 Ford F-350 (DRW)

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DirectionWideOpen View Post
    If you ever have that big hex rod that goes left to right (to raise the other side's chain) slip out, you'll wish you had added those extra holes and cotter pins.
    If you're interested, there's a different fix for that described in the video "Happijac bunk system mods and bulletproofing" ..
    signature

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12