User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2022 RV Sales Predictions

Was reading through an RV Life article on their interpretations of a report generated by Strategy Titan and distributed to the RV industry on 2022 RV sales predictions. Not sure I agree with RV Life on their interpretations (sounded like a regurgitation of data from other sources) of some of the report in general but still it was an interesting article.

In a nut shell they are saying RV 2022 sales will top 550K units. Most sales categories of RVs including Class A's, Full Sizes and 5th Wheels will drop 3-5%. Not from what I have been seeing going down the road through 2021!
    Up to an 8% increase in sales for Hard Sided, Soft Side Popups and Tear Drop, and Class C, Park and Tiny Home model RVs. New construction and expansion of RV parks/campgrounds will be on the increase since corporations, companies have seen the increase in RV sales and they want to cash in on RV site fees, but no data on where in the country. They also site the cooperation and partnership between Loves Travel Stops and KOA. I think we will see more corporate take overs of private campgrounds.

The article says most new innovations will be in Class A, Toy Haulers and Camper Vans but that seems to be counter to what they sales will drop for a couple of those categories. More electric conversions relying more on solar energy and a move away from propane. They site a new AC unit being offered by Dometic that runs on battery power only. They had some words of wisdom concerning the availability and use of the new electric vehicles in relation to RVs. The biggest concern they seem to think is the electric grid at RV parks and campgrounds being able to handle 30/50 amp sites while charging EV electric vehicles being used at all the same time. They go as far as saying they wouldn't be surprised by brown outs at parks and campgrounds due to too much power draw. I might be able to see that at older state and national parks that haven't been updated in years, no government funds.

What I found interesting is that there was no mention of improving RV quality in the build process or even in dealership service or service in general. I guess the organization generating the report wasn't concerned about quality or service, just in sales numbers. Well somebody needs to get focused on the issues in quality and service.

Well in regard to the EV / electric vehicles, power infrastructure at parks and campgrounds. I don't think there will be that big an increase in use of EVs to make that much of a difference in 2022. Its coming but not that soon in large enough volumes at parks and campgrounds.
    Also where we are staying at a private campground, the owner was telling me he has 2022 plans to update his park (65 sites not including tent camping) with more 50 amp power and newer power pedestals but he can not get the supplies, up to a year back order for RV specific breaker boxes, wire, breakers and so forth. The place he ordered the supplies from, they made him sign a waver that once the supplies come in he will have to make up the difference in price increases for the goods. He also wants to make improvements in water supply at the sites but is running into the same sort of supply issues. This owner says he has to update what he has before thinking about expanding the size of the park. This park was initially built back in the 50s and has had some updating but not enough. Then there is improvements in drive ways, site pads and other aspects of the park, and no mention of WI-FI, cable TV and so forth.

Well,,,,, we will see
    Steve & Tami Cass - Escapee's, FMCA Members, Texas Fulltimers Since July 2020
    2019 Solitude 3350RL S-Class, 2018 Ram 3500 DRW, Laramie Longhorn, B&W Companion, Texas Class A Non-CDL Drivers License
    Sharing the Fulltime Lifestyle - www.youtube.com/@tsrvadventures3219/videos, Nonprofit Channel

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Most all RV manufacturers, Thor, Winnebago, Keystone, et al. are publicly owned meaning they are owned by the stock holders. The most recent cycle of quarterly finance reports just wound down in the last few weeks. If you really want to put a finger on where the industry is going you need only read the forward guidance of these companies. BTW the same holds true of the boating industry.
    2018 F150 XLT 301a, Screw, 4x4, HDPP, Max tow, Andersen Ultimate w/ Curt Double Lock hitch.
    2019 Grand Design Reflection 150 series 260RD.... SOLD!!!!.

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The New Year will bring changes for Grand Design and some others in the industry. Sales will still be strong and supply chain still an issue. I question some of what was in the article as the predictions seem a little askew, particularly in Class As, but I only have contacts within one maker. Pretty interesting indicator is the number of RV body shops popping up and with yards full of rigs waiting for repairs!
    Rob & Nikki + Cloverfield
    2020 Grand Design Solitude S-Class 3350RL
    2015 RAM 3500 Longhorn Laramie Crew Cab, Long Bed, 4x4 Dually Cummins/AISIN

Mountains of Pennsylvania

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think the next 6 months is going to tell the tale for the next 24 or months. I am already seeing people who bought trailers looking to get rid of them on online selling platforms. A family friend was thinking about getting an RV after their daughter raved about camping with us over the summer. I told him him you are going to need this size truck for this size trailer. I said you might want to wait and look around in the next few months. You might find something over the winter. I also told him I seeing people selling hat looks pretty new from 2020 and 21 model years already. I said they might be trying to capitalize on the market at this time or camping is not their thing.

Right now, let's get past the holidays. Look at the winter season. Hopefully it is business as usual. I am seeing people buying equipment and if not buying repairing equipment where I work. This is anything from a used piece going for $10,000 for a start up to companies spending $150,000+ on new equipment for their shops. However that could change as we know to well from the spring of 2020 with Rona virus. However with the way things are going, hopefully not.
    2016 Ford F-350 Super Duty XLT CCSB 4x4 6.2 gasser 3.73 E locker
    2018 Grand Design Reflection 285BHS

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just bought a 2022 Grand Design Solitude 380FL. Prices keep increasing from what we were told. MSRP was pushing $140k and lowest prices I was getting was $109,550. Kept calling and told next place they have to beat $105,000. He went to $104,899 and called my bluff. Even they guy I had one deposit on last year for same model with full paint for $85k couldn’t or wouldn’t beat the $105 price. He was at $109kClick image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2131.jpg 
Views:	32 
Size:	85.6 KB 
ID:	37886

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I for one hope the "covid campers" go ahead and sell their campers. Ever since covid hit you can't get a campsite. I have to book one year in advance to get into the state parks and then half the time if I don't login to the reservation system every few days nearly everything is booked.
    Same with all kinds of toys- side by sides, Seadoos, bikes, etc... Everything is list price or above and out of stock
    Donald AKA johndeerefarmer
    2020 Ford F350 Powerstroke diesel
    2017 F150 ecoboost max tow
    2016 Reflection 29RS VIN# 573FR322XG3305717

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They're all over priced. Demand and the cost of some products used for building them have increased. You're still getting that 2019 RV just at a stupid high price. If RV manufactures were adding more expensive items to them then you could justify the cost increase.
    Problem with buying at stupid high prices is when the market does tank you're stuck with an overpriced RV. Ones bought 1-2 years earlier will drag prices of the overpriced ones down.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by johndeerefarmer View Post
    I for one hope the "covid campers" go ahead and sell their campers. Ever since covid hit you can't get a campsite. I have to book one year in advance to get into the state parks and then half the time if I don't login to the reservation system every few days nearly everything is booked.
    Correct me if I'm missing something, but if folks sell their campers aren't the buyers of the campers still going to be taking up the campsites???
    2020 Reflection 273MK

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Only if the buyers don't already own RV's. If they are previous RV'ers and are just upgrading, then the ones selling will be gone from the RV'ing public. JMO anyway.
    Howard and Peggy
    2019 Momentum 351M, and 2018 RAM Cummins dually 6-speed.
    His: 1999 Honda Interceptor
    Hers: 2013 Spyder ST-S

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoopy Frood View Post
    Only if the buyers don't already own RV's. If they are previous RV'ers and are just upgrading, then the ones selling will be gone from the RV'ing public. JMO anyway.
    I still must be missing something. Previous RV'ers "upgrading" will then sell their current RV to a new owner. The only way there will be a net loss of the number of RV's is if they are crushed or burned.

Every new trailer that has come off the line in the past 2 years and all the existing trailers out there before that will still be taking up campsites. I think the only way to reduce the number of trailers (and campground crowding) is to assume they have been constructed so bad in the last 2 years that they will soon fall apart and end up in junk yards, never to be seen again.
    2020 Reflection 273MK

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast