User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Mentioned
    187 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoopy Frood View Post
    While I would like the benefits of disc brakes on the trailer, I am going to stick with the electric brakes. Everybody that has them, disc brakes that is, loves them, but then after you've spent $2,500-$3,000 what else would you say? But maybe I'll win the lottery and do it after all. But people tell me you have to play to win, and that seems a bit unfair to me.
    I didn't spend anywhere near $3,000 for disc brakes on either of my rigs. I can tell you, though, that on our first rig (the only one for which I had before and after comparisons), the disc brakes stopped the rig in a little over 50% of the distance required by the OEM electric drum brakes - and that's per a standardized test by a Texas DMV inspection station as part of our regular state inspections. (Same trailer, same truck - just the EOH disc brakes added.)

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Most of the kits I've seen for 8,000 lb. axles are pushing $2,000 for just materials. Maybe when you had yours done they were quite a bit less, but most complete kits are running over $2,000 for just parts. Many places like Etrailer and some others are between $2,500 and $3,000.
    Howard and Peggy
    2019 Momentum 351M, and 2018 RAM Cummins dually 6-speed.
    His: 1999 Honda Interceptor
    Hers: 2013 Spyder ST-S

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    With the uneven tire wear, did you get the per tire load at the CAT scale? If you are towing "high" (as in not a level trailer) you may be putting more weight on the rear-most axle. This would induce a little more wear on that axle.

Rig: 2017 Reflection 367BHS
    Tow vehicle: 2020 F350 CC 6.7l Platinum SRW LB

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Gary- Thanks for the reply! Unfortunately we don't have any CAT scales close to where we are, so getting an individual tire weight isn't possible, at least not until we're back on the road again. I would really be interested to know, as our 367 I'm sure is heavier on the driver's side with all of the appliances + mid-bunk slide + bedroom slide all on that side. Our rig is set up pretty much perfectly level, so I don't think it's an issue related to that. Appreciate your input.
    2020 Ford F-350 XLT DRW Long Box w/ 6.7 Diesel & 3.55 Gear Ratio
    B&W Turnoverball Goose Ball Hitch
    2021 Reflection 367BHS w/ Reese Goose Box 20k

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gary325 View Post
    With the uneven tire wear, did you get the per tire load at the CAT scale? If you are towing "high" (as in not a level trailer) you may be putting more weight on the rear-most axle. This would induce a little more wear on that axle.
    I have never seen "load per tire" available at a CAT scale.... Only load per axle. Load per tire can vary a lot.

The only time I did a load per tire weigh on my TT was when I was a member of a sprint car race team, and we had a scale setup we used for the race car that weighed the wheels individually. That was a real eye opener. It makes the recomendation to upgrade the tire weight ratings make a lot of sense.
    2021 398M Full Body Paint 8k axles. LRH tires. Disc brakes.
    Two bathrooms, no waiting 155 fresh, 104 black, 104 grey 1860 watts solar.
    800AH BattleBorn Batteries No campgrounds 100% boondocking
    2020 Silverado High Country 3500 dually crewcab Duramax Allison

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by huntindog View Post
    I have never seen "load per tire" available at a CAT scale.... Only load per axle. Load per tire can vary a lot.
    I meant per axle. For the 367BHS, the two axles may be loaded differently, but @jm_bc_ states that he is pretty level.
    Per tire would be informative!!
    The data sheet for my 367BHS did have left (street) and right (curb) loads (lbs.) as (total for both axles):
    Left: 5358 (kitchen side)
    Right: 4568 (dinette side)
    So I try to add a little more weight in the basement on the right side.
    For completeness
    Hitch: 2458
    UVW: 12384=5358+4568+2458

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @jm_bc_

Before you fork out the money for replacing the axles call GD Customer Service and talk with them. Only reason I'm stating this is because when we were out there about 4 weeks ago getting some work done we struck up a conversation with a nice man having his axles replaced. I believe it was for the same reason and it also cracked a weld. As I remember GD replaced the axles at their expense, but the cost difference between the 6000lb rated axles and the 8000lb axles were on the customer. It was also there a full month but I'm not sure he wasn't having other stuff done too.
    Bill & Colleen ~ Schwenksville, Pa
    2019 Reflection 337RLS
    2006 GMC Sierra 3500 8.1L V-8
    Firestone Ride-Rite Air Bags
    Front Stabilizer Bar
    Rear Anti Sway Bar

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @IBEW Sparky and @Gary325

Appreciate you both adding those comments! I have been in touch with my dealer about the axle upgrades and compensation of some kind for the bent axle, and to be fair to them they have been very good about it so far. Without going into great detail, it looks like I will be getting a credit back for the cost of the labour/material that they would have had to put into replacing the stock axle, so I can put it towards my upgrade. So far so good - fingers crossed it ends up that way

For interest sake, here are our factory weights from our data sheet on our 2021 367BHS:

UVW: 12,760
    Left (Street): 5408
    Right (Curb): 4834
    Hitch: 2518

I removed the fold out couch in the mid-bunk and replaced it with a wall-to-wall built in cabinet and bed platform for our daughter, which is heavier than the couch so I suspect the side-to-side imbalance is even greater now. Add in full drawers in the kitchen, a full pantry, a fridge full of food etc and I bet we're at least 800-1000 lbs lopsided on the wheels. Next time I'm out I'll see if I can get a side-to-side weight!

We have also added laundry (separate W/D), Solar, 6 batteries, 2 Inverters, though most of this hardware is up front so the majority of it lands on the pin.

Appreciate you guys!

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jm_bc_ View Post
    @IBEW Sparky and @Gary325

Appreciate you both adding those comments! I have been in touch with my dealer about the axle upgrades and compensation of some kind for the bent axle, and to be fair to them they have been very good about it so far. Without going into great detail, it looks like I will be getting a credit back for the cost of the labour/material that they would have had to put into replacing the stock axle, so I can put it towards my upgrade. So far so good - fingers crossed it ends up that way

For interest sake, here are our factory weights from our data sheet on our 2021 367BHS:

UVW: 12,760
    Left (Street): 5408
    Right (Curb): 4834
    Hitch: 2518

I removed the fold out couch in the mid-bunk and replaced it with a wall-to-wall built in cabinet and bed platform for our daughter, which is heavier than the couch so I suspect the side-to-side imbalance is even greater now. Add in full drawers in the kitchen, a full pantry, a fridge full of food etc and I bet we're at least 800-1000 lbs lopsided on the wheels. Next time I'm out I'll see if I can get a side-to-side weight!

We have also added laundry (separate W/D), Solar, 6 batteries, 2 Inverters, though most of this hardware is up front so the majority of it lands on the pin.

Appreciate you guys!
    Sounds like a well set-up 367! Can you share some pics of the mid-bunk? Maybe in another thread so as to highlight your mods.

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @Gary325 - Thanks! We're pretty happy with most of our mods so far. I'll work on getting some pics together for a mods post for sure. Great idea! I'll try to remember to tag you once I post it

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast