Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

winterize samsung ice make and line in 2021 solitude

Good morning.
    Getting ready to add anti-freeze to all lines. I have the Nautilus P4 control system.
    I also want to pump anti-freeze to the water line, solenoid and ice maker. I'm not sure where the correct valve setting
    should be. any help would be appreciated.

Mentioned
    230 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You should use the normal winterize setting.

The only thing that the Nautilus will bypass is the water heater.
    Steve- Inventory Manager at Tom Schaeffer's RV, Shoemakersville, PA www.tomschaeffers.com
    [email protected]
    2011 RAM 3500 SRW Outdoorsman Edition 4X4, 6.7 Cummins--TWEAKED!
    2021 Reflection 310RLS

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Blueovalman View Post
    Good morning.
    Getting ready to add anti-freeze to all lines. I have the Nautilus P4 control system.
    I also want to pump anti-freeze to the water line, solenoid and ice maker. I'm not sure where the correct valve setting
    should be. any help would be appreciated.
    What I have been doing is pulling antifreeze into the unit. Under the ice maker near the front of it (use a mirror) is a test button which activates the unit and will make it dump the ice tray. After you push the button you will hear a chime indicating that it is getting ready to dump, shut the freezer door. Continue doing this until you see pink. When I dewinterize I do the same thing to bring bleach water in from the fresh water holding tank to sanitize the unit. I have also seen comments on this form where some folks use air and activate the unit in the same way as well as disassembling the supply line under the slideout to drain it.
    Rich
    Rich And Janet (no dog or cats, 8 grandkids but not with us all at once)
    Onalaska, WA
    2011 F350, 4X4, B&W hitch
    2016 Solitude 300GK

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the information. I want to make sure everything works like it does now in the spring.
    Samsung doesn't support anti-freeze. OPen the valve and turn ice maker on and let it run it's course.
    But, samsung is residential.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rich T View Post
    What I have been doing is pulling antifreeze into the unit. Under the ice maker near the front of it (use a mirror) is a test button which activates the unit and will make it dump the ice tray. After you push the button you will hear a chime indicating that it is getting ready to dump, shut the freezer door. Continue doing this until you see pink. When I dewinterize I do the same thing to bring bleach water in from the fresh water holding tank to sanitize the unit. I have also seen comments on this form where some folks use air and activate the unit in the same way as well as disassembling the supply line under the slideout to drain it.
    Rich
    Rich - is there a valve in the refrigerator that I need to turn on or off to get water / antifreeze to the ice maker?

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rich T View Post
    Rich
    I cycle and pull pink using the same button rather than disconnecting any lines. When spring arrives, I just let the ice maker run and fill the bucket and toss the ice after pressing the same button to clear the pink. Note that we also have an ice maker shut off valve in the Nautilus compartment so there are two ways of turning ice on/off - refrig settings and valve in Nautilus.
    Robin & John
    2020 Ram 3500 LB SRW 4WD Crew Laramie 6.7HO Aisin, 55gal Titan
    2022 Solitude 310GK-R - Dual pane, factory solar & Onan, 8K axles with discs, 18K GVWR, W/D, Heat Pump, Goosebox, Battleborn

2023 stays