User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My Truck is Worth What???

After getting the 20th letter from my local Ford dealer about trading my truck in, I decided to go talk to them and call their bluff. To my surprise, they were in fact willing to offer me more than I paid for it almost three years and 27,000 miles ago on a trade.

Long story short, I saw this as a once in a lifetime opportunity to right a wrong without taking a complete bath. I should have bought a dually when I got my SRW truck. It tows my 310GK fine, but have never been 100% Ok with it.

Hopefully, in 3-6 month **fingers crossed** I will have my 2022 F350 dually.

Anyone else out there taking advantage of this insane used market?

Brian
    Brian and Lisa - Longmont, CO
    2021 Solitude 310GK
    2022 F350 Lariat DRW Powerstroke
    Firestone airbags - WirelessOne Airlift
    B&W Companion 20K
    Tireminder TPMS

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I sold our 1-1/2 year old 2019 F150 to CarMax for $14,000 more than I paid for it new. A great short term investment. It was an extra truck for us. Who would have ever thought a vehicle would’ve be an appreciating investment? Crazy times.

When we bought it we negotiated $10,000 in dealer discounts, $6,500 in rebates and a $3,000 PCO. Those days are over.
    Jerry & Linda
    Emma & Abby our Mini Golden Doodles & JR our Amazon Parrot
    2017 Reflection 337RLS, Build Date 01/2017, Titan Disk Brakes, Goodyear G614s 235/85/16 G Rated tires
    2022 F-450 King Ranch Ultimate, 4,868 lb Payload, Bedrug Bedliner, Andersen Ultimate II Aluminum 5th wheel hitch
    http://visitedstatesmap.com/image/FLGANCSCsm.jpg

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerryr View Post
    I sold our 1-1/2 year old 2019 F150 to CarMax for $14,000 more than I paid for it new. A great short term investment. It was an extra truck for us. Who would have ever thought a vehicle would’ve be an appreciating investment? Crazy times.

When we bought it we negotiated $10,000 in dealer discounts, $6,500 in rebates and a $3,000 PCO. Those days are over.
    Nicely done! I've never seen anything like this in my lifetime.
    2021 Solitude 310GK
    B&W Companion 20K
    Tireminder TPMS

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Congrats! You'll be amazed at the difference between the SRW and the dually. And yes, used truck prices are crazy right now. The virtually non-existent new inventory has driven the used prices thru the roof. We bought our '17 Ram Cummins dually just over a year ago and the NADA retail value has gone up over 30% in the last year. We have no plans to trade it in though. I'm voting for keeping my paid for old dually.
    Last edited by TerryH; 11-24-2021 at 09:41 AM.
    2021 Momentum 31G
    2021 20' Haulmark Edge race trailer
    '17 Ram CCLB 3500 dually 6.7 turbo
    '96 Chevy C3500 CC dually 454
    2019 Honda Talon X
    1985 Honda FL350R Odyssey

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I figured the letter was just spam and ignored it after 1st oil change at a local dealer (not the one I purchased it from). It was back last week for fuel filters - maybe I'll get another. Dealer lot (largest RAM in the area) is decimated.

If an offer came my way, I'd have a hard time also. I'm sure the prices of new trucks have gone up (don't know around here - there aren't any) but my biggest fear would be trailer would come in and I'd have nothing to hook it up to for months if lucky.
    Last edited by ajg617; 11-27-2021 at 04:42 PM.
    Robin & John
    2020 Ram 3500 LB SRW 4WD Crew Laramie 6.7HO Aisin, 55gal Titan 4014 payload
    2022 Solitude 310GK-R - Dual pane, factory solar & Onan, 8K axles with discs, 18K GVWR, W/D, Heat Pump, Goosebox, Battleborn

2023 stays

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by brandtb1919 View Post
    After getting the 20th letter from my local Ford dealer about trading my truck in, I decided to go talk to them and call their bluff. To my surprise, they were in fact willing to offer me more than I paid for it almost three years and 27,000 miles ago on a trade.

Long story short, I saw this as a once in a lifetime opportunity to right a wrong without taking a complete bath. I should have bought a dually when I got my SRW truck. It tows my 310GK fine, but have never been 100% Ok with it.

Hopefully, in 3-6 month **fingers crossed** I will have my 2022 F350 dually.

Anyone else out there taking advantage of this insane used market?

Brian
    After 15 months and almost 20,000 miles I carried our Ram in for routine service and was floored when the GM offered me 15,000
    more than I paid for the truck. I did not believe him him until he started on a sales contract. I declined the offer because I can't
    replace the truck with the proceeds from sale.
    As someone said Unbelievable:
    Bob A.
    Bob & Alice
    2020 Ram 3500 Limited Megacab SRW Aisin
    2020 Grand Design Imagine 2450RL
    ProPride 3P 1400 lb. bars WDH
    Micro Air easy start, Goodyear Endurance Load rated "E" Tires
    Titan 50 gallon diesel replacement tank
    Previous: 2019 Ram 1500 Limited

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Have a 2022 Superduty on order. At present the Dealer I ordered the Superduty from is offering me 2k more than I paid for my 2019 F150 with 40k miles on the clock. Unreal !!! And getting XPlan on the New Truck so I consider the deal pretty good,,,

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FedMill View Post
    Have a 2022 Superduty on order. At present the Dealer I ordered the Superduty from is offering me 2k more than I paid for my 2019 F150 with 40k miles on the clock. Unreal !!! And getting XPlan on the New Truck so I consider the deal pretty good,,,
    Sounds pretty similar to my deal. Congrats. Is your SD scheduled for production yet? I recently discovered the potential magic of the priority number on the customer orders. I asked by dealer to lower mine from 19 and had a production date scheduled a few days later (maybe a coincidence).
    2021 Solitude 310GK
    B&W Companion 20K
    Tireminder TPMS

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by brandtb1919 View Post
    Sounds pretty similar to my deal. Congrats. Is your SD scheduled for production yet? I recently discovered the potential magic of the priority number on the customer orders. I asked by dealer to lower mine from 19 and had a production date scheduled a few days later (maybe a coincidence).
    BRANDTB1919,

Nope, nothing but crickets and going on four months. My order has been a prioty 10 since I ordered. My Dealer is telling me their is no commodity issues but thats not what I am reading over on the Superduty forum. I ordered, Adaptive steering, Spray-in bedliner, Ultimate/Chrome Package with Led package, Fifth Wheel Prer, 3:55 rears, Camper Package, Bed Cover, etc etc. Ordered just the way I need it and intend to use the Truck. Oh, its a CCSB 6.7 F350 I am really hoping its built and delivered by the end of next month or Feb but idk,,,

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FedMill View Post
    BRANDTB1919,

Nope, nothing but crickets and going on four months. My order has been a prioty 10 since I ordered. My Dealer is telling me their is no commodity issues but thats not what I am reading over on the Superduty forum. I ordered, Adaptive steering, Spray-in bedliner, Ultimate/Chrome Package with Led package, Fifth Wheel Prer, 3:55 rears, Camper Package, Bed Cover, etc etc. Ordered just the way I need it and intend to use the Truck. Oh, its a CCSB 6.7 F350 I am really hoping its built and delivered by the end of next month or Feb but idk,,,
    Yeah, I've read that the adaptive steering is a problem. My dealer specifically warned me not to get the spray in liner, so I didn't. I did get a lot of the options you mentioned though. It seems like a total crap shoot.

Brian
    2021 Solitude 310GK
    B&W Companion 20K
    Tireminder TPMS

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast