User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Summer Trip to the Carolinas - Seeking Recommendations

Will have wife and 2 kids (10 and 4) and planning on spending a couple weeks. Would love any recommendations folks on here might have.

Thanks in advance and Happy Turkey Day!
    2021 Chevrolet Silverado 3500HD SRV 6.6 Gas
    2021 Reflection 31MB

Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Might help if you're a little more specific what you're looking for. The Carolinas covers a good amount of area. With that said, when we lived in SC, we would frequently camp at the state parks, most of them have good size sites where you arent on top of your neighbors, and there are water and electric hookups, most also have a dump station. We also enjoyed going to the Smokey Mountain area every summer, we would usually goto River Valley RV park, it's right on the Raving Fork river where you can swim or go tubing.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    2023 Momentum 398M-R
    2023 Ford F-450

SOLD - 2021 Reflection 311BHS
    SOLD - 2017 Momentum 399TH

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That's a lot of ground to cover. Costal, Piedmont (inbetween), or Mountains?
    Costal: definitely Charleston area, Mytrle Beach (can be crowded), Wilmington, NC and Outbanks NC.

Mountains: Anywhere along the Blue Ridge Parkway, so that's NC Boone to Grandfather Mountain to Asheville, down into Lake Jocasse - Devil's Gorge area of SC.

Piedmont area: Raleigh-Durham, Charlotte NC area, Greenville-Spartainburg SC areas, and there are some great lakes all over the place, my favorite in/around the SC-GA border around Clemson, that's Lake Hartwell area in general, but it goes by different names in different areas.
    Colin & Tracy
    '21 Chevy Silverado 3500HD LTZ/Z71/SRW, Long bed, Anderson UH
    '21 Solitude 310 GK-R

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I’m more familiar with NC. Starting in the Mountains, Asheville is a great area. Linville Falls a little quieter and more rural but we like the area. The Biltmore is worth a day.

The coast is busy during the summer. We stayed at Carolina Beach State Park. In spite of the name, it doesn’t have a beach, but there are plenty nearby. Limited hookups, but a nice place.
    John & Kathy
    2014 F250 Lariat FX4 6.2L SBCC
    2014 Reflection 303RLS
    SW Indiana

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Apologies, yeah it's a lot of ground but we aren't really wed to one geographical theme. We're not looking for any specific urban experiences, likely just beach and mountains. I'm most interested in RV campgrounds you might recommend. Thanks!
    2021 Chevrolet Silverado 3500HD SRV 6.6 Gas
    2021 Reflection 31MB

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My first thought when you said kids were involved was Charlotte, NC Carowinds water park and theme rides. they have a campground so you can just take their shuttle.

kids might like the ferry ride to Fort Sumpter in Charleston and maybe the history behind the site (maybe the 10 yer-old).

Ashville, Biltmore, don't seem kid-friendly to me.

Gem mining/washing in the Franklin, NC area.

A few nice (big) campgrounds at Myrtle Beach, most within walking distance and some even have their own beaches. I forget the names of the campgrounds but they all seemed similar along the beach as I recall. And there is shopping for mom as well as other kid related activities (mimi-gold, go carts & such).
    Larry KE4DMG
    2022 F-350 KRU SRW LB - Airlift 5000+, ForScan, 37 RDS Aux Tank,
    2019 310GK-R - Sailuns; MorRyde IS; Disc Brakes; 20K Reese Goosebox
    Search kalakamods for my mods

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    30 minutes from Asheville is campground called Campfire Lodging. The premium sites have a fantastic view, including a view of the French Broad River. There is another nice campground in the area, Mama Gertie's; again, fantastic views from the premium sites.

On the beach side of things, near Emerald Isle is a national forest campground, Cedar Point. no beach views, but very spacious sites. About 10 minute drive to Emerald Isle pubic access and parking. Sites are electric only; but are 50amp. Prices are reasonable.

Not sure what you're looking for. To be clear, non of the above have much in the way of amenities; if you're looking for KOA types of jumping pits and pools; these are not the ones.
    Last edited by Keebler; 11-24-2021 at 10:52 AM.
    2017 Ford F350 Platinum 6.7L PowerStroke DRW
    2017 Solitude 379FLS

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Huntington Beach State Park, few miles south of Myrtle Beach. Full or partial hookups available, beach, walking and biking trails and alligators along the causeway.
    2020 F-450 Lariat, CrewCab 8' bed, diesel
    2020 Solitude S-series 2930rl-R

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Never been here but from the video it looks spectacular.
    https://youtu.be/EX0AlphNuYc
    2020 2970rl
    2021 Ram 2500

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SanDog View Post
    Apologies, yeah it's a lot of ground but we aren't really wed to one geographical theme. We're not looking for any specific urban experiences, likely just beach and mountains. I'm most interested in RV campgrounds you might recommend. Thanks!
    You might like Myrtle Beach Travel Park in North Myrtle Beach. Full hookups w/50amps, indoor and outdoor pool, lazy river, game room, laundromat, well stocked camp store, lake fishing, and oh yea... you're right on the beach!
    Bill & Colleen ~ Schwenksville, Pa
    2019 Reflection 337RLS
    2006 GMC Sierra 3500 8.1L V-8
    Firestone Ride-Rite Air Bags
    Front Stabilizer Bar
    Rear Anti Sway Bar

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast