User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Maxair Fan Closing Issue

Until today, whenever we hit the close vent button for our Maxair fan in kitchen area the vent door would close and the closing motor would stop. Today, when the vent door gets closed, the motor keeps trying to drive it and it "clunks" 3 or 4 times before finally deciding the door is in fact closed. Anyone else experienced this? I've done some searching here and elsewhere and have yet to find something similar. TIA!
    Jeff & Susan
    With Annie, our dachshund
    2019 Reflection 303RLS #123, TST 507 TPMS
    2019 F-350 XLT 4x4 PSD SRW CC LB Factory 5th Wheel Prep Package
    B&W Companion OEM Hitch

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My initial thought is there might be something on the roof, like a small branch or some such thing that keeps the vent lid from closing easily. I'd take a look.
    Howard and Peggy
    2019 Momentum 351M, and 2018 RAM Cummins dually 6-speed.
    His: 1999 Honda Interceptor
    Hers: 2013 Spyder ST-S

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Most likely the lifting gear is broken. Easy to replace, but expensive. Mine was cracked and coming apart so I drilled a couple of holes and bolted it together.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That gear is notorious for breaking. I replaced mine...only took all summer to get one as they were backordered everywhere. Try the manufacturer. As said, easy to replace once you get one
    Paul, Sue & Wonder Dog Zane
    '18 Solitude 310 GK
    "15 F-350 6.7, DRW, CC

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Broken operator. Order it from manufacture. I ordered 2 after mine broke so I would have a spare. Part number 10A20281K-1AF

They were $17.55 each and $14 for shipping either 1 or 2

Here’s a YouTube video of someone replacing the operator. It’s a simple task. On our Reflection 337RLS I didn’t need to get up on the roof just up the ladder and I could reach everything. https://youtu.be/dt-4DbGTads
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails F71EB5ED-80A7-4EDC-B414-A22CB93F52A2.png   14AD8542-9A55-4379-89F2-A5CC3319331A.png  
    Last edited by Jerryr; 11-24-2021 at 09:52 PM.
    Jerry & Linda
    Emma & Abby our Mini Golden Doodles & JR our Amazon Parrot
    2017 Reflection 337RLS, Build Date 01/2017, Titan Disk Brakes, Goodyear G614s 235/85/16 G Rated tires
    2022 F-450 King Ranch Ultimate, 4,868 lb Payload, Bedrug Bedliner, Andersen Ultimate II Aluminum 5th wheel hitch
    http://visitedstatesmap.com/image/FLGANCSCsm.jpg

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerryr View Post
    Broken operator. Order it from manufacture. I ordered 2 after mine broke so I would have a spare. Part number 10A20281K-1AF

They were $17.55 each and $14 for shipping either 1 or 2

Here’s a YouTube video of someone replacing the operator. It’s a simple task. On our Reflection 337RLS I didn’t need to get up on the roof just up the ladder and I could reach everything. https://youtu.be/dt-4DbGTads
    Thanks. I believe you are right. When it stops raining I'll get up there and confirm but the noise it is making sounds just like what is captured and described in the operator videos. Speaking as a retired mechanical engineer, their design and/or material selection is awful for a part like that to fail so catastrophically.
    Jeff & Susan
    B&W Companion OEM Hitch

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jlspence99 View Post
    Thanks. I believe you are right. When it stops raining I'll get up there and confirm but the noise it is making sounds just like what is captured and described in the operator videos. Speaking as a retired mechanical engineer, their design and/or material selection is awful for a part like that to fail so catastrophically.
    Jeff, Your 303 is very similar to our 337. I didn’t get up on the roof but I used an extension ladder leaned against the side where the fan was. I easily completed the replacement while standing on the ladder.

Be careful removing the white plastic pieces. I dropped one when removing it and i had a hard time finding it.

Online Retailers wanted $39 for the part where manufacture was less expensive. At the time they were back ordered and manufacture told me they had 400 on a ship but didn’t know when they would receive them. They came in the mail about a week later.

These are made out of pot metal. Prone to breaking so I ordered a spare.
    Last edited by Jerryr; 11-25-2021 at 02:13 PM.
    Jerry & Linda
    Emma & Abby our Mini Golden Doodles & JR our Amazon Parrot
    2017 Reflection 337RLS, Build Date 01/2017, Titan Disk Brakes, Goodyear G614s 235/85/16 G Rated tires
    2022 F-450 King Ranch Ultimate, 4,868 lb Payload, Bedrug Bedliner, Andersen Ultimate II Aluminum 5th wheel hitch
    http://visitedstatesmap.com/image/FLGANCSCsm.jpg

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks Jerry. My problem did turn out to be a broken operator. Replacing it was straight forward. It was on back order on etrailer but was able to get one quickly on ebay.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Operator.jpg 
Views:	10 
Size:	32.3 KB 
ID:	38201
    Jeff & Susan
    B&W Companion OEM Hitch

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mine broke after a few uses. It was still under warranty, and I have a new one I have not installed yet. Realizing these are made of cheap pot metal, is there any way to use the vent/fan to lessen the chance of breaking them? Wonder if raising and lowering the vent cover by hand instead of using the motor would take pressure off the operator? I can't determine if pressure on the operator occurs when at the stopping positions (up or down), or if it's just the load of the vent while it's raising.
    2020 Reflection 273MK

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Make sure the gear is installed correct Click image for larger version. 

Name:	15EACAA4-3131-4D82-8F8B-4B2F7107A6B2.jpeg 
Views:	29 
Size:	1.29 MB 
ID:	38243

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast